Troy87
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Top of 9th.....3 outs to go.....Troy up 3-0

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 02:58 PM
We just cannot make it easy!

Troy87
05-22-2013, 02:58 PM
We're trying to throw this game away, dammit!

Troy87
05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
3-2 with two outs in the 9th.
Runner on 1st.

Troy87
05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Geez! That was harder than it had to be.

Troy wins 3-2

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Whew!! Trojans win 3-2!

newnan trojan
05-22-2013, 03:04 PM
I was so worried with asu.... They played us tough that series a couple weeks ago. I expected this!

newnan trojan
05-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Btw that was win # 40!!!

Hemi Man
05-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Great work by Tate and McGowan today. A couple of young guys pitching well and gaining valuable experience.

dgoebel
05-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Great win. Great way to start the tournament.

Trojans1andAll
05-22-2013, 05:07 PM
I can't remember who said it in another thread, but NOTHING comes easy in the Sun Belt this year. I'll chalk this close game up to opening jitters.

Way to go guys!

Hemi Man
05-22-2013, 05:43 PM
I can't remember who said it in another thread, but NOTHING comes easy in the Sun Belt this year. I'll chalk this close game up to opening jitters.

Way to go guys!

No opening game jitters there. We faced the 2nd team all conference pitcher. We scored 0 runs against him, in 9 inning the last time we faced him.

TrojanWarrior418
05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
How many more wins do the Trojans need before they can punch their ticket to Omaha? It's really lonely up here being the only Trojan for 1,000 miles I could really use the company.

LAZebra
05-23-2013, 07:27 AM
How many more wins do the Trojans need before they can punch their ticket to Omaha? It's really lonely up here being the only Trojan for 1,000 miles I could really use the company.

It could be done in as few as five wins.

PCTrojan
05-23-2013, 07:49 AM

Most experts at this point no matter what happens the rest of the way have Troy in as either a #2 or #3. There is no way we are a #1 as our stadium cannot handle a regional yet and I would be SHOCKED if we were seeded a #4 and feel sorry for anyone in that regional.

my 0.02

FoulPolePhenom
05-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Most experts at this point no matter what happens the rest of the way have Troy in as either a #2 or #3. There is no way we are a #1 as our stadium cannot handle a regional yet and I would be SHOCKED if we were seeded a #4 and feel sorry for anyone in that regional.

my 0.02

Just wondering why you believe or stadium cannot handle a regional yet? We applied for one just a few years when we had that great 2011 season.

LAZebra
05-23-2013, 09:01 AM
I edited my response above to more accurately answer the question. A regional can be won with as few as 3 wins and the super regional can be won with two wins, 5 wins, ticket to Omaha punched!

PCTrojan
05-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Just wondering why you believe or stadium cannot handle a regional yet? We applied for one just a few years when we had that great 2011 season.

There are big differences and applying for one and actually getting it.

1) Our concessions are lacking in quantity and quality.
2) I believe the seating is not enough to accommodate regional crowds.
3) Hotels lack sufficient rooms for four teams and four separate fan bases.

I believe it would great to get a regional but until these areas are fixed I just don't think there is anything to be done.

I do however think that are you AD has it in his plans to expand and upgrade the baseball facility within the next few years, perhaps shortly after the endzone expansion.

Either way to the original question, we ARE in the tourney just a matter of where we will be heading.

LAZebra
05-23-2013, 09:29 AM

my 0.02

I am relatively certain we will be a #2 somewhere. I hope it is fairly close.

Troy87
05-23-2013, 10:02 AM
WIth the 40th win yesterday, I'm pretty certain we have a #2 seed in a regional secured. A win today again FAU I think would lock that up. I don't necessarily think we have to win the tourney to retain the #2 seed.

To another question regarding hosting a regional. We submitted a package this year, as we do every year we have the potential to go to the NCAA Tourney. It's just not a likelihood we would get one. We would just about have to be in the top 10 to have a shot at that. Now that being said, we don't have to be the host to be the #1 seed. Not that I think we would be the #1 seed anywhere, but it is possible for school to host and not be the #1 seed. It has happened before.

Once we get the next expansion to the baseball field completed, with the additional stands down the right field side of the stadium, we will have a realistice shot at hosting a Regional.

newnan trojan
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Ya we need to get the next expansion going before we can host. We won't even get a look right now.

tntrojan
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Even with an expanded stadium, the hotels in the city are probably not enough to host.

LAZebra
05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Even with an expanded stadium, the hotels in the city are probably not enough to host.

I takes fewer hotel rooms for a regional than it will for the conference tournament, half as many teams. I am not sure where all the teams stayed for the Sun Belt softball tourney this year. I assume some stayed in Montgomery or Ozark.

Hemi Man
05-23-2013, 03:09 PM

I believe it would great to get a regional but until these areas are fixed I just don't think there is anything to be done.

I do however think that are you AD has it in his plans to expand and upgrade the baseball facility within the next few years, perhaps shortly after the endzone expansion.

Either way to the original question, we ARE in the tourney just a matter of where we will be heading.

You are correct in the concessions lacking in quantity, however if we were awarded a regional that would be a relatively minor fix.

The expansion is a must for legitimate consideration.

We hosted the conference tournament, in baseball, in 2009. Seven teams and their fans. We can work with 20,000 for a football game. There isn't any reason why the city, and surrounding cities, cant accommodate 5000 fans and 3 other teams over 3 to 4 days.

dgoebel
05-23-2013, 03:56 PM

#3 is the reason