PDA

View Full Version : Troy to host 2015 Tournament

troy4ever
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
For those that have not heard, it was announced that TROY will be hosting the 2015 Sun Belt baseball tournament. This is great news!

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 01:17 PM
For those that have not heard, it was announced that TROY will be hosting the 2015 Sun Belt baseball tournament. This is great news!

Cool!!

:happy110:

JonesOxygen
05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
It's a great thing for this city. Can't wait!

newnan trojan
05-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Can We get a new hotel in Troy before 2015 please! It's getting bad. Any little thing that goes on in Troy and the 3 hotel (I know there's more but those are the only ones ill ever Stay in) are always booked for any little thing.

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Can We get a new hotel in Troy before 2015 please! It's getting bad. Any little thing that goes on in Troy and the 3 hotel (I know there's more but those are the only ones ill ever Stay in) are always booked for any little thing.

You may just have to go ahead and buy that RV you've had your eye on!

newnan trojan
05-22-2013, 03:35 PM
You may just have to go ahead and buy that RV you've had your eye on!

And spend 1,500 to park in the RV area? No thanks lol

Trojans1andAll
05-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Great news! Congrats to the Athletic Department staff who got the job done on this!

TrojanFanatic
05-23-2013, 05:02 PM
And spend 1,500 to park in the RV area? No thanks lol

I'll take 1,499 to park it in my g/f's yard :)

dgoebel
05-25-2013, 12:35 PM

This is a big problem. The Courtyard, Hampton and Best Western all require 2 night stays for football and both the Hampton and Courtyard are over $100 a night. We stay at the Microtel in Ozark for around $55-$63 a night. Clean, quiet and affordable. Yes, it stinks to have to drive 25 minutes each way but there aren't other options. Coming from the north I am sure many stay in Montgomery. Call me a snob but I refuse to stay at a hotel with outside doors, I don't feel safe with my family. I wish we could get something like a Microtel or a sleep inn etc in Troy.

newnan trojan
05-25-2013, 12:52 PM
This is a big problem. The Courtyard, Hampton and Best Western all require 2 night stays for football and both the Hampton and Courtyard are over $100 a night. We stay at the Microtel in Ozark for around $55-$63 a night. Clean, quiet and affordable. Yes, it stinks to have to drive 25 minutes each way but there aren't other options. Coming from the north I am sure many stay in Montgomery. Call me a snob but I refuse to stay at a hotel with outside doors, I don't feel safe with my family. I wish we could get something like a Microtel or a sleep inn etc in Troy.

To me the Courtyard, Best Western and Hampton inn are the best hotels... In that order too. Best western is the over all BEST option. Best price and is nearly as nice as the courtyard.

But Troy needs at minimum 2 more hotels... Holiday Inn express would be great!

dgoebel
05-25-2013, 01:01 PM
To me the Courtyard, Best Western and Hampton inn are the best hotels... In that order too. Best western is the over all BEST option. Best price and is nearly as nice as the courtyard.

But Troy needs at minimum 2 more hotels... Holiday Inn express would be great!

The Best Western is the best option, we are staying there for my daughters Impact. I believe the current Motel 6 started as a HI Express and the current Econo Lodge was originally a Comfort Inn. I might have that reversed.

bulldogtrojan
05-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Having worked for the Courtyard and Hampton the issue is that there are are onlyU 20-25 days a year when more hotels are needed. The biggest issue is having more nice hotels.=

newnan trojan
05-25-2013, 07:00 PM
It's more than that... I've gone on off seasons just for a normal baseball game and its full.

stonewall009
05-26-2013, 08:33 AM
First and foremost, now I can finally say I am a Troy alum.

On another note I guess this tournament shows that we don't have any interest in leaving the Sun Belt. Before anyone blasts me I think the sun belt is a better conference than USA IF NOONE else pulls chalk. Anyone have any thoughts??