PDA

View Full Version : Paul Finebaum leaving show in Birmingham?

Doug4Troy
05-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Paul Finebaum leaving Birmingham for Charlotte to join ESPN, Wall Street Journal reports

By Bob Carlton

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Paul Finebaum will leave Birmingham to begin hosting a radio show and a simulcast television show in Charlotte, the Wall Street Journal has reported.

In Charlotte, Finebaum will be part of a package that includes a radio program on the ESPN networks, 100 televised appearances annually on ESPN, and a TV simulcast of his radio show on the ESPN-owned SEC Network when it launches in August 2014, the WSJ reported. His new, Charlotte-based radio show will begin airing Aug. 1, according to the WSJ...

Complete story: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/paul_finebaum_leaving_birmingh.html#incart_river_d efault

Navarre Trojan
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Saw him for the first time last night on ESPNU - Not what I expected. Did he EVER PLAY A TEAM SPORT? He certainly loves him some NICK.......

Troy87
05-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Saw him for the first time last night on ESPNU - Not what I expected. Did he EVER PLAY A TEAM SPORT? He certainly loves him some NICK.......

I won't get too vulgar, but I'm willing to bet Finebaum would do un-natural things to Saban if he was offered the opportunity.

Doug4Troy
05-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I won't get too vulgar, but I'm willing to bet Finebaum would do un-natural things to Saban if he was offered the opportunity.

"Would do?" Insert "has done" in that sentence and I agree! :jester:

Navarre Trojan
05-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Cannot wait to see how ESPN "molds" him into changing his perspective. Being based in Charlotte, he will HAVE to show some ACC love as well. I predict that the color "green" will overtake the Crimson and White AND in pretty short order.

What a strange acting fellow. Even on TV he acted as if he didn't care what was being said, just trying to get HIS thought heard, very similar to the way he would hang up on callers who didn't agree with him....

Troy87
05-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Cannot wait to see how ESPN "molds" him into changing his perspective. Being based in Charlotte, he will HAVE to show some ACC love as well. I predict that the color "green" will overtake the Crimson and White AND in pretty short order.

What a strange acting fellow. Even on TV he acted as if he didn't care what was being said, just trying to get HIS thought heard, very similar to the way he would hang up on callers who didn't agree with him....

He will use back handed compliments to other teams by comparing them to Alabama. i.e. "You know, of all the teams in the ACC......Florida State has the best shot at being close to as good as Alabama".

Possum
05-29-2013, 06:06 PM

Most bamers would...

If given the chance Bamers would probably rather spend the day with Saban than (insert religious figure here)

Navarre Trojan
06-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Most bamers would...

If given the chance Bamers would probably rather spend the day with Saban than (insert religious figure here).

But he is a VOL, not a Bammer, just another of thousands jumping on that wagon. Did he do "unnatural things" to Shula? I think not... he is a JOKE.