PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

LAZebra
05-21-2013, 09:59 PM
To Sunbelt Pitcher of the Year Shane McCain! Also, All Sunbelt Team Trojans Logan Pierce, Danny Collins, Tyler Vaughn, and Trae Santos! Way to go men!!

newnan trojan
05-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Yup! Congrats!

Great thing is we have most of our guys coming back next year...:wave:

Trojans1andAll
05-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Congrats guys! Please come back next year!

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Yup! Congrats!

Great thing is we have most of our guys coming back next year...:wave:

Well, the starting pitching, middle infield, and center field will be back, along with some quality reserves. But, our best bullpen guys, Hill and Austin will be gone along with Pierce, Collins, McDorman, and probably Santos. That means most of our offense.

Troy87
05-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Well, the starting pitching, middle infield, and center field will be back, along with some quality reserves. But, our best bullpen guys, Hill and Austin will be gone along with Pierce, Collins, McDorman, and probably Santos. That means most of our offense.

I would add Hicks to one of, if not the best, bullpen guy we have right now, and he will be back. Santos will probably get drafted, but I'm not sure how high he will go. I think he may be likely to return to improve his stock for next year's draft.

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 08:59 AM
I would add Hicks to one of, if not the best, bullpen guy we have right now, and he will be back. Santos will probably get drafted, but I'm not sure how high he will go. I think he may be likely to return to improve his stock for next year's draft.

Tanner Hicks may well be the bullpen ace next year. He was really the starting ace this year.

FoulPolePhenom
05-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Collins could be back depending on if he gets drafted and I'm not so sure Santos does get drafted very high, so I think he'll be back..

Troy87
05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Collins could be back depending on if he gets drafted and I'm not so sure Santos does get drafted very high, so I think he'll be back..

I agree with both those statements. Collins' production fell of just a bit from where he was at mid-season, but I do think he could get drafted higher than Trae at this point.

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I agree with both those statements. Collins' production fell of just a bit from where he was at mid-season, but I do think he could get drafted higher than Trae at this point.

I expect Collins to be drafted fairly high, and he has already graduated. He is a Top 100 prospect, that, with what he did in the wood bat league over the summer, should put him in the first few rounds. I hope y'all are right and Trae comes back, but if I had some draft picks I would snap him up. Trae may have the most potential of all for a pro career.

FoulPolePhenom
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I expect Collins to be drafted fairly high, and he has already graduated. He is a Top 100 prospect, that, with what he did in the wood bat league over the summer, should put him in the first few rounds. I hope y'all are right and Trae comes back, but if I had some draft picks I would snap him up. Trae may have the most potential of all for a pro career.

He may have already graduated but he is still only a junior on the field.

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
He may have already graduated but he is still only a junior on the field.

I wasn't speaking about eligibility, only incentive and potential to return. I really don't expect Danny to be back regardless of how high he is drafted. It would be a bonus for Troy if he returns.

newnan trojan
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Hicks is VERY strong right now...He will be something special next year IMO...

Troy87
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM

With so many rounds in the MLB draft, it is likely he will be picked, but the question is whether or not he is chosen high enough to have to make the decision to move on. I think he will probably be borderline, and will have a difficult decision to make.

I wasn't speaking about eligibility, only incentive and potential to return. I really don't expect Danny to be back regardless of how high he is drafted. It would be a bonus for Troy if he returns.

I suspect you're right about Danny pertaining to the incentive to move on.

LAZebra
05-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Hicks is VERY strong right now...He will be something special next year IMO...

:signs011: