PDA

View Full Version : The (non)dogpile story.

KirkLazarus
05-20-2013, 08:32 AM
First, and just to set the record straight, it wasn't a "dogpile". It also, as I've seen some USA people claim, wasn't "in front of their dugout". It was a "celebration" that started on the pitcher's mound and was pushed towards 3rd base as the Troy players from the dugout and bullpen rushed in. It never got even remotely close to their dugout.

Second, on March 15th in Troy, with Troy leading USA 10-6 heading to the 9th inning USA scored five runs to take the lead. The inning was capped off by a three run homer. When the USA player hit the homer he ripped his helmet off as he rounded first base and slammed it on the ground then was screaming into the Troy dugout as he rounded third. USA had a huge "celebration" at home plate. Troy stayed in their dugout.

Third, during Friday's game a Troy player began suffering cramps. Troy took him to the hospital for IV fluids and requested that the USA athletic department call ahead to expedite the procedure. That didn't happen so the player spent four hours at the ER.

Fourth, USA refused to move Saturday's game to an earlier start. It was Saturday, no reason to play it at 6:30, other than the obvious inconvenience it caused Troy. Having nothing to do from hotel check out time until four in the afternoon plus it put Troy getting back home around one in the morning.

So the karma train pulled in to USA's station Saturday night. Yes, I know we are "co" champions and USA will get rings and put a banner up. Fair enough. But we all know who feels like they won it and feels like champions today and who feels like number two.

redwaver
05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
First, and just to set the record straight, it wasn't a "dogpile". It also, as I've seen some USA people claim, wasn't "in front of their dugout". It was a "celebration" that started on the pitcher's mound and was pushed towards 3rd base as the Troy players from the dugout and bullpen rushed in. It never got even remotely close to their dugout. I know it fits their agenda to claim we "dogpiled" in front of their dugout in order to justify their actions, but sorry USA, video evidence says you're wrong.

Second, on March 15th in Troy, with Troy leading USA 10-6 heading to the 9th inning USA scored five runs to take the lead. The inning was capped off by a three run homer. When the USA player hit the homer he ripped his helmet off as he rounded first base and slammed it on the ground then screamed obscenities into the Troy dugout as he rounded third. USA had a huge "celebration" at home plate. Troy stayed in their dugout.

Third, during Friday's game a Troy player began suffering cramps. Troy took him to the hospital for IV fluids and requested that the USA athletic department call ahead to expedite the procedure. USA refused. The player spent four hours at the ER.

Fourth, USA refused to move Saturday's game to an earlier start. It was Saturday, no reason to play it at 6:30, other than the obvious inconvenience it caused Troy. Having nothing to do from hotel check out time until four in the afternoon plus it put Troy getting back home around one in the morning.

So the karma train pulled in to USA's station Saturday night... they need to deal with it. Yes, I know we are "co" champions and USA will get rings and put a banner up. Fair enough. But we all know who really "won" it and feels like champions today and who feels like number two (pun intended).
Shows lack of discipline and class on USA's part and that says tons about their coaching staff. Their attitude for the last few years ( since starting football) has been holier than thou! They took unusual pride in the fact that they went two years " undefeated" even though nobody had heard of 90% of the teams they played. Shut them up by sending them home with their tails between their legs this weekend and let them look for other excuses.

TrojanFanatic
05-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Shows lack of discipline and class on USA's part and that says tons about their coaching staff. Their attitude for the last few years ( since starting football) has been jollier than thou! They took unusual pride in the fact that they went two years " undefeated" even though nobody had heard of 90% of the teams they played. Shut them up by sending them home with their tails between their legs this weekend and let them look for other excuses.

Are they trying to take over for Santa Claus now? :jester::jester:

jagd1305
05-20-2013, 10:42 AM
USA athletics= much ado about nothing.

Hemi Man
05-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Shows lack of discipline and class on USA's part and that says tons about their coaching staff. Their attitude for the last few years ( since starting football) has been holier than thou! They took unusual pride in the fact that they went two years " undefeated" even though nobody had heard of 90% of the teams they played. Shut them up by sending them home with their tails between their legs this weekend and let them look for other excuses.

You nailed it my friend!!! I wouldn't trade Bobby Pierce and his staff for Calvi and his staff on any day of the week. We have better coaches and they don't act like a bunch of hot headed teenagers in the dugout.

On that note how about the decisions by our staff when it came to pitching rotation? Gutsy move and it paid off.

2:00!!

troy4ever
05-20-2013, 11:29 AM
First, and just to set the record straight, it wasn't a "dogpile". It also, as I've seen some USA people claim, wasn't "in front of their dugout". It was a "celebration" that started on the pitcher's mound and was pushed towards 3rd base as the Troy players from the dugout and bullpen rushed in. It never got even remotely close to their dugout. I know it fits their agenda to claim we "dogpiled" in front of their dugout in order to justify their actions, but sorry USA, video evidence says you're wrong.

Second, on March 15th in Troy, with Troy leading USA 10-6 heading to the 9th inning USA scored five runs to take the lead. The inning was capped off by a three run homer. When the USA player hit the homer he ripped his helmet off as he rounded first base and slammed it on the ground then screamed obscenities into the Troy dugout as he rounded third. USA had a huge "celebration" at home plate. Troy stayed in their dugout.

Third, during Friday's game a Troy player began suffering cramps. Troy took him to the hospital for IV fluids and requested that the USA athletic department call ahead to expedite the procedure. USA refused. The player spent four hours at the ER.

So the karma train pulled in to USA's station Saturday night... they need to deal with it. Yes, I know we are "co" champions and USA will get rings and put a banner up. Fair enough. But we all know who really "won" it and feels like champions today and who feels like number two (pun intended).

What you said about the "dogpile" incident is exactly correct. I was there and saw it with my own eyes. In fact, it was someone from the USA dugout that kicked one of our batting helmets out of anger as we were celebrating. He wasn't a player, but was somewhat in a uniform. He then stepped into the group and from there things escalated.

I know nothing about the other instances.

KirkLazarus
05-20-2013, 12:49 PM
USA athletics= much ado about nothing.

Their baseball program is one of the most tradition rich in the South. I think this makes 14 SBC titles and 25 Regional appearances. Can't speak for their other sports.

Troy87
05-20-2013, 12:58 PM
No doubt they have a tradition in Baseball and Basketball, but they seem to think they can phone in their games, especially those against us this past weekend.

As far as Baseball goes, both schools have a rich tradition of winning Championships, so the rivalry here will deepen, and as long as USA doesn't get happy feet and try to jump to another conference, these two schools could battle for championship contention every year.

KirkLazarus
05-20-2013, 01:07 PM
No doubt they have a tradition in Baseball and Basketball, but they seem to think they can phone in their games, especially those against us this past weekend.

As far as Baseball goes, both schools have a rich tradition of winning Championships, so the rivalry here will deepen, and as long as USA doesn't get happy feet and try to jump to another conference, these two schools could battle for championship contention every year.

Agreed.

troy4ever
05-20-2013, 01:39 PM
I was there for the game on Sunday and it just fueled my desire for a rivalry with them so much more.

jagd1305
05-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Their baseball program is one of the most tradition rich in the South. I think this makes 14 SBC titles and 25 Regional appearances. Can't speak for their other sports.

I understand where you're coming from, but we're taught from our days as kids that sports are supposed to further teach us on the concepts of being a better person and sportsmanship when winning as well as losing. Just watching the video and hearing the other stories of USA's interpretation of this leaves me believing that some lessons aren't learned by some.

Hemi Man
05-20-2013, 07:39 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but we're taught from our days as kids that sports are supposed to further teach us on the concepts of being a better person and sportsmanship when winning as well as losing. Just watching the video and hearing the other stories of USA's interpretation of this leaves me believing that some lessons aren't learned by some.

It starts with the man in charge of the dugout!

TrojanEmpire
05-20-2013, 08:15 PM
It starts with the man in charge of the dugout!

I don't know much about Calvi. What's his deal?

Hemi Man
05-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't know much about Calvi. What's his deal?

Huge ego along with Keller the pitching coach. Both are very good coaches, but they seem to be hot headed. It's hard to keep your players cool when you are fueling the fire.

jagd1305
05-20-2013, 09:25 PM
And it's that cult of personality that permeates their dugout!