PDA

View Full Version : Confused

SOTStrumpet
05-18-2013, 12:02 AM
People keep saying this: If Troy beats USA tomorrow, then they will share the SBC Baseball Title.

Then why is there an SBC Championship series? I thought that decided who won the title. :confused-smiley-004 I'm just getting INTO college baseball now that I'm a student at Troy, so I'm a little confused about this. Can anyone help explain it?

newnan trojan
05-18-2013, 12:22 AM
People keep saying this: If Troy beats USA tomorrow, then they will share the SBC Baseball Title.

Then why is there an SBC Championship series? I thought that decided who won the title. :confused-smiley-004 I'm just getting INTO college baseball now that I'm a student at Troy, so I'm a little confused about this. Can anyone help explain it?

That's the SBC tourney...

If we win tomorrow we will share the REGULAR season SBC title.
The winner of the tourney is just that 2013 SBC Tourney champ lol.

I would rather be regular season champ if you ask me.

tenaciousT
05-18-2013, 12:47 AM
the regular season champs get a " kudos" and #1 seed in the SBC tournament. the tournament champs gets an automatic berth into regionals.

SOTStrumpet
05-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Thanks, guys! :thumb: That was waaaay too simple for me to figure out, I guess. lol

redwaver
05-18-2013, 12:54 PM
the regular season champs get a " kudos" and #1 seed in the SBC tournament. the tournament champs gets an automatic berth into regionals.
.....and that has NEVER made sense to this country boy. You finish dead last in qualifying for the conference tourney, get hot and win the tourney and you get the automatic bid? Ludicrous!

dgoebel
05-18-2013, 01:05 PM
.....and that has NEVER made sense to this country boy. You finish dead last in qualifying for the conference tourney, get hot and win the tourney and you get the automatic bid? Ludicrous!

I agree. Makes you wonder why you play the season sometimes. The scenario you mentioned happened this year with Liberty in basketball. They somehow got a lot of breaks and won their tournament and made March Madness with a loosing record. I also wonder about some of the teams that make the regionals. I believe the SWAC team in softball this year has a losing record?? So some team somewhere in a tougher conference maybe finished 3rd and had a winning record and they sat home.

newnan trojan
05-18-2013, 03:10 PM

Yup ULM did it last year. Snuck in and the won the tourney lol.

Room Guy
05-18-2013, 05:38 PM
I agree. Makes you wonder why you play the season sometimes. The scenario you mentioned happened this year with Liberty in basketball. They somehow got a lot of breaks and won their tournament and made March Madness with a loosing record. I also wonder about some of the teams that make the regionals. I believe the SWAC team in softball this year has a losing record?? So some team somewhere in a tougher conference maybe finished 3rd and had a winning record and they sat home.

Wait, so these end-of-season tournaments lessen the importance of regular season games?! Say it isn't so!

It will be fun to see just how many people in this thread whining about the baseball and basketball tournaments do an about-face this fall and talk about how great they are and how football is missing out...

Either way, go Trojans!