PDA

View Full Version : Another Men's signee

JonesOxygen
05-16-2013, 09:16 AM
"He committed to Texas over offers from Georgetown, North Carolina State, Marquette, Arkansas among others"
I have heard of all of those schools!

http://www.troymessenger.com/2013/05/16/troy-basketball-lands-high-profile-recruit/

newnan trojan
05-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Beat me to it! :p

He also had his most recent list narrowed down to Troy, North Texas, and WKU!

trojanbrutha
05-16-2013, 11:05 AM
And...he's a juco! lol

newnan trojan
05-16-2013, 11:17 AM
So what? We need immediate help on this team to fill the holes. He's a good
Get. UNT and WKU who are top SBC basketball
Schools were after him too.

dgoebel
05-16-2013, 11:41 AM
We are forgetting that the BB signing period was already over and Maestri had done his usual lazy recruiting effort, so Cunnigham has been playing catch up and what he has been able to do is remarkable.

trojanbrutha
05-16-2013, 04:59 PM
We are forgetting that the BB signing period was already over and Maestri had done his usual lazy recruiting effort, so Cunnigham has been playing catch up and what he has been able to do is remarkable.

I knew there would be some hypocritical jabs thrown in...figured you wouldn't disappoint :thumb:

dgoebel
05-16-2013, 05:24 PM
I knew there would be some hypocritical jabs thrown in...figured you wouldn't disappoint :thumb:

sorry you don't agree. Maestri left and as far as we can tell we either had no commits or Cunningham didn't want them. He has already shown me he is worlds ahead as a recruiter.

redwaver
05-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Please give the facts that you know about this years BB recruiting by our former coach that would support and justify Goebel as being called "hypocritical"! To my knowledge he only recruited two kids from some little JC that most people had never heard of and one fan who had, said they were trouble. If DG is wrong so be it. If he's not you owe him an apology. He's a Troy fan and has a right to look, see and analyze the same things you do. If his facts are wrong then take him to task. If not, why do you have this problem. Our BB recruiting for the last several years has been awful and the team lived up to that fact. In a sense, it's tough to blame the players for their failures when coaches were not putting quality pieces on the floor to get success. We kept hearing this crap that you can't get good kids to come to Troy. If you sit on your butt you sure cant but the two new BB coaches are showing what a little old fashion effort can do. Go Trojans!!!:confused013:

flockofoscars
05-18-2013, 01:01 PM

Hypocritical? Bro do you know that definition?or is DG a division 1 Head basketball coach that sucks at recruiting? Well good luck DG if you have to play Troy because we finally have a coach that can recruit again!! WOO GO TROJANS! and Dgoebel State University now has my support! GO DSU mascot! :happy110:

Lego
05-18-2013, 02:43 PM

Oh wait our BB program has been top notch for years. Oh never mind....

Y'all remember this guy was one our Rowell zealots that thought JR was a Demi-god and should never be blamed and was the best DI coordinator in the South.

trojanbrutha
05-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Oh wait our BB program has been top notch for years. Oh never mind....

Y'all remember this guy was one our Rowell zealots that thought JR was a Demi-god and should never be blamed and was the best DI coordinator in the South.

Thanks for making my point :eatdrink004: