PDA

View Full Version : Uab game

newnan trojan
05-14-2013, 08:55 PM
We could be ranked #1 in the country and uab have a RPI of 300 and we would still lose to these jokers.

Seriously our RPI is in the 20s and theirs is nearly 200 and we get beat both games by them. Also haven't won since 2010?!?

Something strange here...

KirkLazarus
05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
We could be ranked #1 in the country and uab have a RPI of 300 and we would still lose to these jokers.

Seriously our RPI is in the 20s and theirs is nearly 200 and we get beat both games by them. Also haven't won since 2010?!?

Something strange here...

Not making excuses, but they clearly approach the game differently. They pitched at least two weekend starters tonight and another who has been a weekend starter (not sure if he is at this time or not). We, on the other hand, started a true freshman... who did extremely well by the way. But considering UAB has a series this weekend against Tulane where they need to win at least two to even have a chance of making their conference tournament it seems as if their priorities are messed up.

It doesn't feel good to lose to them, but our approach to the game is much more sensible.

TrojanFan2
05-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Weekend starters --- weekday starters? I seriously doubt their coach was thinking "we'll sacrifice our chances in the conference tournament just to beat Troy". What's important is that they won the game and we can't seem to beat them.

KirkLazarus
05-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Weekend starters --- weekday starters? I seriously doubt their coach was thinking "we'll sacrifice our chances in the conference tournament just to beat Troy". What's important is that they won the game and we can't seem to beat them.

It simply shows a different approach/attitude which, personally, I'm glad we don't have. I can't say their coach was "sacrificing" anything since I'm not a mind reader, but he pitched pitchers that'll be starting games for them as soon as Thursday and no later than Saturday. In conference games. Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, if UAB used a more sensible approach they could win a few conference championships.

You are right about what's important though, bottom line. We didn't win the game.

dgoebel
05-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Momentum killer, just like the Bama game. When you play to not win this is what happens.

Hemi Man
05-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Not making excuses, but they clearly approach the game differently. They pitched at least two weekend starters tonight and another who has been a weekend starter (not sure if he is at this time or not). We, on the other hand, started a true freshman... who did extremely well by the way. But considering UAB has a series this weekend against Tulane where they need to win at least two to even have a chance of making their conference tournament it seems as if their priorities are messed up.

It doesn't feel good to lose to them, but our approach to the game is much more sensible.

Totally agree!!!! Bobby Pierce has won enough games that I trust his judgement.

Momentum killer, just like the Bama game. When you play to not win this is what happens.

We played to win. Our bats are in a bit of a slump right now. Bad timing for sure. I'm guessing you didn't listen or watch any of the game?

dgoebel
05-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Totally agree!!!! Bobby Pierce has won enough games that I trust his judgement.

We played to win. Our bats are in a bit of a slump right now. Bad timing for sure. I'm guessing you didn't listen or watch any of the game?

Pitching change ups, fans saying who cares about UAB etc. makes me think we just tossed this game aside to concentrate on USA. All the talk leading up said this and when the coach makes changes, especially pitching it says they are more worried about the next game. Maybe rightfully so with a conference championship looming but I am a believer in keeping momentum going JMO.

KirkLazarus
05-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Pitching change ups, fans saying who cares about UAB etc. makes me think we just tossed this game aside to concentrate on USA. All the talk leading up said this and when the coach makes changes, especially pitching it says they are more worried about the next game. Maybe rightfully so with a conference championship looming but I am a believer in keeping momentum going JMO.

I haven't seen anyone saying they don't care about UAB. It sticks in my craw that UAB has beaten us six straight. My only point is that UAB has a different approach to our games than we do.

In the past three years, which covers their six game streak, we have been to a Regional, won a conference championship, are playing for another championship this weekend, and will most likely be attending another regional this year. UAB hasn't accomplished any such things. Not even close. So, if UAB's goal is to beat Troy then... mission accomplished. We, on the other hand, have more lofty goals than just beating UAB and I am glad.

LAZebra
05-15-2013, 10:27 AM

Coach Pierce used Thomas Austin and Nate Hill out of the bullpen and he started a guy who will be a weekend starter next season. How is that not playing to win??!!

Hemi Man
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Since Sorce has moved to a weekend starting role we have not had a set midweek guy. Hernandez has started, as well as others. There wasn't any pitching change up other than giving a young guy an opportunity to step up, and he did. He pitched well. Austin and Hill pitched some last night as well. They are tied for the most appearances in Troy history for pitchers.

Mr.E_205_Legion
05-15-2013, 04:38 PM
There wasn't any pitching change up other than giving a young guy an opportunity to step up, and he did. He pitched well. Austin and Hill pitched some last night as well. They are tied for the most appearances in Troy history for pitchers.

Levi was STILL pitching well when they opted to put Austin in for a potential double play ball (that did not happen). The two walked batters that caused Levi to exit were VERY much like the situation that Hill got in during his innings in Tuscaloosa. That meaning both Levi (last night at UAB) and Hill (last week at UA) had close pitches that where awarded the batters, not the pitchers (thus resulting in walks/runs)!

My twenty-four hour self imposed rule regarding pouting after a loss is almost up so let's get ready for some WINS in Mobile! Trojan faithful remember the name Levi Tate - I expect to see MORE of him THIS season :wave: