PDA

View Full Version : ASU game 3

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Down 11-1 in the 4th!:censored:

What's the deal?!? Did out boys go out drinking last night?

We have not hit well since last Sunday!
If we play like this next weekend it will not be pretty!

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 02:59 PM
14-8 now.... Comeback maybe?

7runs and 3 homers in the 4th

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 03:28 PM
15-11 now.....

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 03:33 PM
15-12...

dgoebel
05-12-2013, 03:45 PM
We have struggled against a team with a loosing record. Not looking good going into ASU

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 04:00 PM
We have struggled against a team with a loosing record. Not looking good going into ASU

ASU is also playing with a lot of fire.... They must win atleast 1 game from us to have a good shot at making a tourney game. Otherwise they will most likely be left out.

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 04:07 PM
15-14 Asu heading into 9th!!

We
We're down 14-1 at one point!!!

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 05:03 PM
We lost 15-14

BUT UL is currently beating USA 9-6

newnan trojan
05-12-2013, 05:42 PM
It's now 16-7 UL!

This is good news for us for sure! Unless we get swept by USA and UL sweeps ULM then we fall to 3rd place lol. But I'll take my chances!

Hemi Man
05-12-2013, 06:24 PM

I just really don't understand your logic at all. We won the series, that is the goal. If you win every series yo are 20-10. Good enough for a top 2 or 3 finish in conference every year.

dgoebel
05-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I just really don't understand your logic at all. We won the series, that is the goal. If you win every series yo are 20-10. Good enough for a top 2 or 3 finish in conference every year.

Logic is we have the most important series of the year coming up with a very, very good South team. ASU is below .500, IMO we should not have given up 15 runs to them in one game, win the other in extra innings and the other on a balk. Yes, we won the series but shouldn't we have? And we were fortunate to have. I will take any win, but I was hoping to have played better to have momentum going into South and UAB. Still hoping we sweep USA to win the title, Go Trojans!!!

Chrono124
05-12-2013, 09:44 PM
I say screw UAB and focus on South, what will beating UAB do for us anyways other than bragging rights. Let the boys rest and kick Souths arse.

TFan
05-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I say screw UAB and focus on South, what will beating UAB do for us anyways other than bragging rights. Let the boys rest and kick Souths arse.

Maybe we just "Got it out of our system" today and we just go out and have some fun kickin' UA's B Butts!

IMO, the sky is not falling. Jeez,.....

GO TROJANS!!!

Trojans1andAll
05-12-2013, 10:28 PM

Beating ua'sb would make us 1-1 against them this year. No bragging rights.

This is a good team, maybe even a very good team, but I don't call any team great until they stop choking against rivals, and choking every time some web site/magazine puts a little number by their name.

$.02

TFan
05-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Doesn't read like "LOSERS" to me!!

http://www.troymessenger.com/2013/05/12/troy-rally-falls-short-against-arkansas-state-home-win-streak-ends/

OK, Team, show what it's about this week!!! GO TROJANS!!

CardinalBlackTrojan
05-12-2013, 11:30 PM

That would not be smart. Troy needs to maintain a high RPI in case we get swept by USA or lose early in the SBC Tournament. Losing to UAB again, who has an RPI in the 200's would not be good... at all.

redwaver
05-13-2013, 06:04 AM
Beating ua'sb would make us 1-1 against them this year. No bragging rights.

This is a good team, maybe even a very good team, but I don't call any team great until they stop choking against rivals, and choking every time some web site/magazine puts a little number by their name.

$.02
Choking? Really? Don't forget, that other team has some pretty darn good players who's fans expect them to do the same thing....win! In baseball, your gonna lose some. Some days the other team will simply be better. To lose is not to choke nor a disgrace!! If you had ever played an inning, a half o a quarter you might understand that. No disrespect intended here but Troy can't win them all even if we wish they did/could. The guys showed heart coming back like they did. Lets respect that. They had a heck of a home run. Be proud! UAB is insignificant. Give it our best shot but not at the expense if UAB. Go Trojans!

LAZebra
05-13-2013, 09:30 AM

If we end up tied with South, one of the tie breakers is overall record. We must beat UAB to have a chance to tie USA in overall record. If we sweep USA, it doesn't matter, but if we win 2 out of three we will need the win over UAB.

KirkLazarus
05-13-2013, 12:08 PM
If we end up tied with South, one of the tie breakers is overall record. We must beat UAB to have a chance to tie USA in overall record. If we sweep USA, it doesn't matter, but if we win 2 out of three we will need the win over UAB.

Actually, that's not accurate. The "tie breaker" would be the records against the #3 team. It could be FAU or ULL. If it's FAU then we win the tie breaker, if it's ULL then USA. Overall record has nothing to do with it.

In any case, those "tie breakers" are for conference tournament seeding purposes only... the conference would recognize us both as Co-Champions.

Don't mean to come across as a "know it all" but just wanted to set the record straight.

Chrono124
05-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Actually, that's not accurate. The "tie breaker" would be the records against the #3 team. It could be FAU or ULL. If it's FAU then we win the tie breaker, if it's ULL then USA. Overall record has nothing to do with it.

In any case, those "tie breakers" are for conference tournament seeding purposes only... the conference would recognize us both as Co-Champions.

Don't mean to come across as a "know it all" but just wanted to set the record straight.

Yeah I didn't think that sounded right, thanks for the clarification Kirk.

Hemi Man
05-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Logic is we have the most important series of the year coming up with a very, very good South team. ASU is below .500, IMO we should not have given up 15 runs to them in one game, win the other in extra innings and the other on a balk. Yes, we won the series but shouldn't we have? And we were fortunate to have. I will take any win, but I was hoping to have played better to have momentum going into South and UAB. Still hoping we sweep USA to win the title, Go Trojans!!!

Last weekend when SoBama stole 2 late from MTSU, and finally lost on Sunday did that mean they were fortunate to win? Probably so. That's just how baseball goes. You ever thought that might be why the playoffs in college and major league are about winning the series?

Choking? Really? Don't forget, that other team has some pretty darn good players who's fans expect them to do the same thing....win! In baseball, your gonna lose some. Some days the other team will simply be better. To lose is not to choke nor a disgrace!! If you had ever played an inning, a half o a quarter you might understand that. No disrespect intended here but Troy can't win them all even if we wish they did/could. The guys showed heart coming back like they did. Lets respect that. They had a heck of a home run. Be proud! UAB is insignificant. Give it our best shot but not at the expense if UAB. Go Trojans!

Right on!! I couldn't agree more!!!

newnan trojan
05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
We are 37-14 we didn't get there by accident! We have a great TROY team in place. And weather we end up 1st or 2nd in the conference I'm still proud of this team! And look forward to the NCAA regional game!

Trojans1andAll
05-13-2013, 05:07 PM

No disrespect, but, "whatever." I'm not talking about Arky State. I'm talking about losing to weak Alabama State teams. We're at a point now where we can just about write an L in the column BEFORE the team even takes the field with ua'sb. And I won't believe they'll beat them until it happens. As soon as they get ranked -- actually any sport -- they lose. This time it happened to be against Alabama. Fans are already disregarding the next ua'sb game so it won't seem so bad to get our butts kicked again with a ranking (oh, by another in-state team). I'm just telling you what I'm seeing.

I realize that South is an in-state conference game, and I want to beat them too, but I'm not going to give myself excuses why it's okay to lose other games.

jagd1305
05-13-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm as frustrated about the UAB/BAMA St. and first USA series too, but baseball is a quirky game. For all we know, those games may have been the catalysts to our players that gave us a tremendous home winning streak and a very good season so far. Let's also not forget that they have played a lot of games and this is the part of the season when those aches and pains from all of those games really start piling on. Don't forget those incredible injuries this team dealt with last year when we barely had a healthy squad to field. This team is hot. Don't lose focus over just one loss. Those two losses TROY dealt to Arky St. although not pretty, gut punched them as a team and fan base.

"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger."
Friedrich Nietzsche