PDA

View Full Version : MTSU finally holds on for win

Troy87
05-05-2013, 03:48 PM
After 2 choke jobs in the series, MTSU finally held on to beat USA in game 3, 6-5, after going into the bottom of the 9th leading 6-3.

Troy87
05-05-2013, 03:49 PM
This leaves us 1 game back with USA going to UL next week, while we host Ark St.

This will definitely make the last week in Mobile very interesting.

newnan trojan
05-05-2013, 04:27 PM
We must sweep ASU next weekend.... USA plays ULL this coming weekend. More than likely neither of those two will sweep each other. Lets let them beat up on each other and we sweep!

troy4ever
05-06-2013, 08:02 AM
We are one game behind USA and ULL is one game behind us. The best case scenario for us next week, I think, is for us to sweep stAte, and for USA to take two out of three with ULL. This would put us into a tie with USA going into the final weekend, and give us a two game breathing room from ULL. This is important considering ULL closes the season with ULM which they will most likely sweep.

If USA were to take 2 of 3 from us, and ULL were to sweep ULM, well we would find ourselves back in third place. So in a matter of the last 3 regular season games of the season we could find ourselves in 1st place, or 3rd place.

tenaciousT
05-06-2013, 08:28 AM
with ULL knipping at our heels, I think the best case scenario would be for us and USA to sweep this weekend. That way we keep pace with South at 1 back and secure a spot-at worst- in 2nd place if we only take 2 of 3 from South.

troy4ever
05-06-2013, 12:20 PM
with ULL knipping at our heels, I think the best case scenario would be for us and USA to sweep this weekend. That way we keep pace with South at 1 back and secure a spot-at worst- in 2nd place if we only take 2 of 3 from South.

When you put it that way, you're right. Or better yet, we control our own destiny. Lets sweep the next two series and take that title.