PDA

View Full Version : New dorm progress

troy4ever21
04-30-2013, 08:01 PM
It's coming along nicely.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g224/nhs_bandgeek07/544714_4410619994683_869788486_n_zpsde749a62.jpg

dgoebel
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
It almost looks as nice as Alumni aka Slumni :rollinglaugh:

Spiritual_Trojan
05-02-2013, 08:23 AM
It almost looks as nice as Alumni aka Slumni :rollinglaugh:

Hey maybe they can move all the freshmen over to these so they can "break it in", renovate slumni so they can go back and "break it in." lol

troy4ever
05-02-2013, 10:15 AM
They've seriously got to do something with Slumni soon. It was horrible when I lived there in 2000-2001. I don't think I can even imagine how bad it has to be now.

dgoebel
05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
They've seriously got to do something with Slumni soon. It was horrible when I lived there in 2000-2001. I don't think I can even imagine how bad it has to be now.

At least it has A/C. A friend of ours son got assigned a dorm at UF that doesn't even have A/C :confused-smiley-004:confused013: How would you like to be in Florida with no A/C? Alumni was bad when I was there in the 80's and they made the football team stay in Alumni 4A wing. It is way overdue for a renovation and from what I hear it is drawing a rough crowd that stays there also.

Jericho Johnny
05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
No A/C in Florida? Those Gators eat their own!

Thanks for the pictures. I don't remember even seeing any construction the last time I was in Troy, which was the Miss State game I think, so it's been a while. Where is this dorm located in relation to some other notable landmark?

Oh yeah, and Alumni is truly a horrible place. Always felt like they stuck us poor kids on scholarships and grants in there, but that was probably a misconception. I lived there more recently than troy4ever, during freshman year, after which I immediately moved to an apartment complex on the other side of 231. I lived on the fourth floor, which was enough of a pain in itself, but while my wing wasn't terrible and the roaches didn't seem to climb that high, the roof leaked every time it rained. Had buckets and bottles all over the place with that nasty yellow-colored water in it. My main complaints were how everyone slammed doors constantly and yelled down the hallways in the middle of the night. Kids will be kids. The pot smoking on the steps didn't really bother me. Sometimes the bathrooms would bother me, because they were so filthy and only two of the showers on my wing consistently worked. Oh, and a female lived on my floor and would shower with her boyfriend. Kind of awkward to shower next door to that.

Ah, the good old days. Made some good memories and friends in that dorm too. Looking back I almost wished I'd stayed on campus. Would have saved me money in the long run and probably kept me from doing a lot of stupid stuff I did on my own (probably not).