PDA

View Full Version : Are YOU Ready For Some POST Season Baseball?

Mr.E_205_Legion
04-30-2013, 07:01 PM
YES I know we have regular season business to take care of, but I thought I would share some news articles!

IF you are like US you need to do a little planning ahead (in the budget department) if you want to support The Trojans! The latest projections have four Sun Belt teams making the post season which I can totally see. Be sure that you are sitting down before clicking on the link (due to one regional site location):

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1501045

Everyone has said that this past weekend was important for us. Nice to see someone sharing that thought with others:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8355

Troy87
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Not surprised at the Regional site we are projected to go to.....been there before.....but MOBILE hosting a Regional? WOW!:scared:

Now I know USA has a tradition in Baseball at this level, but for them to jump up out of nowhere and be projected as hosting a Regional is a bit of a surprise.

That tells me our guys need to dig deeper from here forward, and push on through to not only end of the season (including the series at USA), but through the Regional and beyond.

Navarre Trojan
04-30-2013, 09:08 PM
I like this site choice and the projected match up. We have a kid from Choctaw that signed with N. FL (Troy offered but cooled really early/ only half, but the the curiculum didn't match up). Since he signed, he as thrown a no-no, a 1 hitter and a 3 hitter, clocked in mid/to upper 90's. Probably wont ever go to N. FL, should get drafted in the first 10 rounds, and that is where the money is. He needed about 3 starts to get his rhythm and by that time Troy had cooled off somewhat. He came straight from Basketball Playoffs to the bump, so he was not quite ready. Big kid, 6' 7", right hander. Too bad we missed out on him. Good kid, suma cum laude, etc. And mom's a Troy grad.:sad010::sad010::sad010:

Troy_TroJans
04-30-2013, 09:12 PM
What happen if TROY and SOUTH are tied for 1st at the end of the year? Since we play each other 6 times during the season. What if we are both end up 3-3 with each other tied for 1st place. Who wins the regular season champ and gets the #1 one seed in the sunbelt tourney?

Also with the sunbelt so strong this year it would not surprise me if the highest ranked rpi sunbelt team gets to host a regional. No surprise to see South projected to Host.

Go TROY Go

troy4ever
05-01-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm sure there is some type of tie breaker process in place.

In addition to that, South is trying to push hard to host a softball regional as well. That's only about 5 years into their programs existence. Our frenemies are pushing the boundaries of what many thought were possible for a Sun Belt school. We need to step up our game. Can't let our rivals be better than us!

tenaciousT
05-01-2013, 05:40 PM
What happen if TROY and SOUTH are tied for 1st at the end of the year? Since we play each other 6 times during the season. What if we are both end up 3-3 with each other tied for 1st place. Who wins the regular season champ and gets the #1 one seed in the sunbelt tourney?

Hopefully Troy can make up at least 1 game on USA before heading into that last weekend. If I am looking at it correctly we are 2 down right now.

There are tie breakers for tied standings. Probably runs scored or something like that.

Trojans1andAll
05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
1. Who the hell is Bryant?

2. North Florida is D-I?

Jsimp1992
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Rhode Island

newnan trojan
05-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Rhode Island

Wha?

No thanks.

I'm hoping for Tallahassee. I'll go to that!