PDA

View Full Version : Merchandising

troy4ever
04-27-2013, 12:43 PM
One of the things John Hartwell said when he first came on board at Troy is that he would like to improve our selection of Troy merchandise. It's also been rumored that he reads this board from time to time. So here's my question...if you were in charge of brainstorming for new Troy merchandise...what would you like to see made available. We all know that we want more merchandise available in more places. That's not what I'm asking. What specific items or ideas do you have for purchase.

For me, I want replica baseball jersey's. Our team has some sweet baseball jersey's and if I could buy one that was VERY close in design, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I'd also like to see a t-shirt that's in a charcoal gray color with JUST the primary logo on the front chest in a distressed/faded look. Ya know...like it had been worn in really well. Very simple and straight-forward.

What are you guys ideas?

dgoebel
04-27-2013, 02:14 PM
The baseball jersey I would buy, I would also like to see some stadium seats and lawn chairs for tailgating. A better selection of polo shirts that aren't 100% cotton and that are affordable. And last but not least, a full size replica Football helmet. And, oh yeah, a Troy Ringtone for an Iphone

Possum
04-27-2013, 02:43 PM
I would like something that plays the fight song...

A stuffed T-Roy doll or a music box... Just something.

And a baseball jersey would be cool.

JPSousa1898
04-29-2013, 09:26 AM
I want to see pictures and stuff that I can hang around the house like all those Bammers and Barners have. I would also like to see some books about Troy that weren't published by Troy University Press.

You know... classy looking stuff that other schools have...

deherr
04-29-2013, 03:46 PM
I would like to see more shirts with small logos on left chest area with larger logo or statements on the backs.

troy4ever
04-29-2013, 07:22 PM
I would like to see more shirts with small logos on left chest area with larger logo or statements on the backs.

Good suggestion. A lot of people don't like big huge logos all over their chest.

JPSousa1898
04-29-2013, 11:03 PM
I would also like to see more shirts along the line of what you can find for Auburn stuff at Tiger Rags in Auburn.

At one time in history, one of the co-owners of Tiger Rags who used to play baseball for Troy had talked with the university about potentially doing a TigerRags type store for Troy... they went ScreenTech instead.

Spiritual_Trojan
04-30-2013, 08:13 AM
I would also like to see more shirts along the line of what you can find for Auburn stuff at Tiger Rags in Auburn.

At one time in history, one of the co-owners of Tiger Rags who used to play baseball for Troy had talked with the university about potentially doing a TigerRags type store for Troy... they went ScreenTech instead.

Yea that worked out great... every time I go into the ScreenTech store they have fewer and fewer quality Troy items but more and more AU and UA stuff.

I went in a store at Pier Park that sells college sports stuff. They had three different Troy shirt designs in the back corner. I thanked them for having some Troy gear in the shop and they said that they used to have a larger selection of Troy gear and novelty items but corporate made them remove it. Finding out about this kinda stuff would make a big difference. One of the cashiers was accepted to Troy and was gonna start in the fall along with a couple other employees who are students so it seems weird that they wouldn't be allowed to have a larger selection.

TrojanFanatic
04-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Yea that worked out great... every time I go into the ScreenTech store they have fewer and fewer quality Troy items but more and more AU and UA stuff.

I went in a store at Pier Park that sells college sports stuff. They had three different Troy shirt designs in the back corner. I thanked them for having some Troy gear in the shop and they said that they used to have a larger selection of Troy gear and novelty items but corporate made them remove it. Finding out about this kinda stuff would make a big difference. One of the cashiers was accepted to Troy and was gonna start in the fall along with a couple other employees who are students so it seems weird that they wouldn't be allowed to have a larger selection.

Stores sell what sells, Troy doesn't sell in many places other than Troy, that's the short of it anyway

Spiritual_Trojan
04-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Stores sell what sells, Troy doesn't sell in many places other than Troy, that's the short of it anyway

If it wasn't selling then the store manager would have made the call to pull it. He said that they were told by corporate to remove the section.

JPSousa1898
05-01-2013, 12:35 AM
I wonder if it's too late for us to talk with the owners of Tiger Rags....

Spiritual_Trojan
05-01-2013, 07:58 AM
I wonder if it's too late for us to talk with the owners of Tiger Rags....

Would prob depend on the contract with screentech and if the owners were still interested in expansion with all things considered.

Troy87
05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
If it wasn't selling then the store manager would have made the call to pull it. He said that they were told by corporate to remove the section.

Corporate Inventory systems can monitor every piece of merchandise selling on a daily basis. It's not at all surprising the corporate office made the decision. In fact it would be more surprising if a local level manager made that decision.

Jericho Johnny
05-02-2013, 06:50 PM

I'm from Panama City. I've really been impressed with Troy University's name recognition growth in the Panhandle. First, the Pier Park store (like most businesses out there) is an overpriced tourist trap, BUT, they do always carry three or four TROY items. I've been visiting Pier Park since it opened, and I never remember that store having more than the same few TROY items, but maybe it slipped under my nose.

There's also a store in town (i.e. Panama City, NOT PCB) at the mall that has a slightly bigger selection of TROY stuff, but even so none of it is any good. Your basic boring T-shirt, some keychains, stickers, etc. So, the only time I can refresh my selection of TROY gear is when I actually visit Troy, which lately has only been during football season.

The coolest thing ever would be if they sold TROY merchandise at the satellite campuses, like the little one we have in Panama City for master's programs. I guess I could order online but last time I looked on the Troy Bookstore page it had none of the cool stuff the store usually has. The Bookstore has always been hands-down the best place to buy TROY gear. That's not true everywhere. Here in Tallahassee I firmly believe that the "Garnet & Gold" stores (Like Bama Fever Tiger Pride but no Gator-gear) around town have both better prices and selection than the FSU Bookstore.

Like someone else said, I'd like to see more cool stuff to hang on the wall - pennants, posters, whatever. Oh, and I still have to get the Linda Theobald (http://www.lindatheobaldart.com/College-Campuses/c27/index.html) Troy campus print BTH so kindly reminded me how to find.

I have a home office with a wall devoted to TROY and FSU (the places I've been educated to be the marvelous citizen I am today ;) ) a picture of me shaking Chancellor Hawkins' hand at graduation, a Trojans pennant, etc. etc. I really need to get my degree framed. It's not even at my house...

I got really excited at the Miss State game last year because I thought the noisemakers said Trojan on them and I was going to deflate them and attach them to the wall, but it turned out they said "State Farm" :(

I bet they have some new versions of the Under Armour Heat Gear shirts. I have several different designs now. I like wearing them around the neighborhood when jogging or walking. Even been surprised with a few "Go Troy!" remarks.

This post was way longer than intended. If anyone reads it, thanks and sorry.

redwaver
05-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm from Panama City. I've really been impressed with Troy University's name recognition growth in the Panhandle. First, the Pier Park store (like most businesses out there) is an overpriced tourist trap, BUT, they do always carry three or four TROY items. I've been visiting Pier Park since it opened, and I never remember that store having more than the same few TROY items, but maybe it slipped under my nose.

There's also a store in town (i.e. Panama City, NOT PCB) at the mall that has a slightly bigger selection of TROY stuff, but even so none of it is any good. Your basic boring T-shirt, some keychains, stickers, etc. So, the only time I can refresh my selection of TROY gear is when I actually visit Troy, which lately has only been during football season.

The coolest thing ever would be if they sold TROY merchandise at the satellite campuses, like the little one we have in Panama City for master's programs. I guess I could order online but last time I looked on the Troy Bookstore page it had none of the cool stuff the store usually has. The Bookstore has always been hands-down the best place to buy TROY gear. That's not true everywhere. Here in Tallahassee I firmly believe that the "Garnet & Gold" stores (Like Bama Fever Tiger Pride but no Gator-gear) around town have both better prices and selection than the FSU Bookstore.

Like someone else said, I'd like to see more cool stuff to hang on the wall - pennants, posters, whatever. Oh, and I still have to get the Linda Theobald (http://www.lindatheobaldart.com/College-Campuses/c27/index.html) Troy campus print BTH so kindly reminded me how to find.

I have a home office with a wall devoted to TROY and FSU (the places I've been educated to be the marvelous citizen I am today ;) ) a picture of me shaking Chancellor Hawkins' hand at graduation, a Trojans pennant, etc. etc. I really need to get my degree framed. It's not even at my house...

I got really excited at the Miss State game last year because I thought the noisemakers said Trojan on them and I was going to deflate them and attach them to the wall, but it turned out they said "State Farm" :(

I bet they have some new versions of the Under Armour Heat Gear shirts. I have several different designs now. I like wearing them around the neighborhood when jogging or walking. Even been surprised with a few "Go Troy!" remarks.

This post was way longer than intended. If anyone reads it, thanks and sorry.
The bookstore is waaaaaaaaay overpriced. Even some of their employees agree. Hats almost $30.00 really? I paid $86.00 for my son an Under Armour hoodie. Rediculous!

Spiritual_Trojan
05-03-2013, 12:36 AM

I remember when they had it, it was large but did have more than a couple of t-shirts. I got two I think they were $10-15 each, better price than most of the ones in the bookstore. They had three one with the goofy Trojan head (I didn't get that one), another was gray with Trojans going down diagonally from left to right with the double sword shield on the left, and the last was black with Troy in cardinal on the chest.

I've been to the mall store too and your pretty much spot on with their stuff.

I have seen Troy tervis tumblers at the Bed, Bath, and Beyond in Dothan.

I would like to see some nice framed pictures from games in the stadium and from around campus. There is a really good picture of the fountain in the quad at night with fireworks going off in the background that would be nice. The basketball arena at night would be cool. One that could be neat would be one from behind the Trojan statue in the stadium looking down into the field during one of the games that is packed out.

Jericho Johnny
05-03-2013, 07:58 AM
redwaver: Definitely overpriced! I just always find the best stuff there. Everyone else just seems to sell various screened T-shirts.

Spiritual_Trojan: Definitely agree about the pictures. One of the quad and one of the stadium would both be good for the office wall.

tntrojan
05-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Id like to see a Troy golf bag and a spare tire cover for my jeep! :)

Brotherofanalum
06-06-2013, 04:57 PM
My question is why in the world can we not have Troy Baseball replica caps?!
I'm getting tired of all the New Era 59FIFTY Bama Baseball Caps.

FoulPolePhenom
06-10-2013, 09:22 PM
My question is why in the world can we not have Troy Baseball replica caps?!
I'm getting tired of all the New Era 59FIFTY Bama Baseball Caps.

There are replica baseball hats in the bookstore.