PDA

View Full Version : Troy @ Alabama

SOTStrumpet
04-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Wednesday nights are $1 general admission ticket nights for Alabama baseball. I'm carpooling with several of my friends and travelling to Tuscaloosa to watch TROY play baseball. So aside from the $1 ticket, all we have to buy is gas and food.

You can buy your tickets here: http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?groupCode=GP&linkID=ubama&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Possum
04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
I hope we destroy them...

I loathe bama

dgoebel
04-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Roll Troy!!!!!

TroyTuba
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
I almost came unglued because I scrolled through so quick and just saw the "Roll" part, glad I went back and took a second look before I cussed you out lol!!!

dgoebel
04-24-2013, 06:18 PM
I almost came unglued because I scrolled through so quick and just saw the "Roll" part, glad I went back and took a second look before I cussed you out lol!!!

I was trying to make a Dumbo fan mad not a Troy Fan :jester: I was thinking about " War Trojan" next time we play Auburn :thumb:

TroyTuba
04-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Hahaha!!! What was the final score?

SOTStrumpet
04-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Hahaha!!! What was the final score?

They play on May 8. I was just letting people know about the $1 tickets in advance.

TroyTuba
04-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Ahhhhh, ok

Possum
05-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Beat Bamer!

dgoebel
05-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Don't put a Troy jersey on their altar statue to Bear Bryant or some nut job will come poison our trees on the quad :confused013:

TrojanFanatic
05-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Don't put a Troy jersey on their altar statue to Bear Bryant or some nut job will come poison our trees on the quad :confused013:

So....let's just say a Troy jersey did happen to make it's way onto the statue.....I think we can lose a few trees for this to happen :rollinglaugh:

dgoebel
05-08-2013, 07:48 AM
So....let's just say a Troy jersey did happen to make it's way onto the statue.....I think we can lose a few trees for this to happen :rollinglaugh:

Rumor has it that Bama fans have said if this happens that they will poison and kill our grass on both our baseball and football fields :rollinglaugh: intelligent lot they are, they will be yelling " roll #%@& Tide Roll" as they try to kill plastic grass :jester:

Spiritual_Trojan
05-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know if this game will be streamed from any website?

Possum
05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Please for all that is good and Trojanous please put a Troy jersey on "da bear's" statue in tuscaloser... While you're at it, put a Troy hat on Nick Satan's too.

newnan trojan
05-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Please for all that is good and Trojanous please put a Troy jersey on "da bear's" statue in tuscaloser... While you're at it, put a Troy hat on Nick Satan's too.

THAT would be awsome! Lol.

Spiritual_Trojan
05-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Wow pitching seems off tonight four walks and one hommer already bummer leading 3-1 at the top of the 4th

Spiritual_Trojan
05-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Troy got two on base then three outs followed last one was thrown out at home still 3-1 bottom of the 4th

CardinalBlackTrojan
05-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Our players apparently weren't ready for this game. Alabama is a tough team, but seriously? Our 3rd ranked offensive batting can only get 1 run scored against Alabama's midweek pitching?

And I also don't understand the reason for starting Jeremy McGowan over Joe Hernandez... IMO Hernandez is the best midweek pitcher Troy has. Come on Bobby Pierce...

Spiritual_Trojan
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Yea they are playing awful tonight lots of bad decisions and easy plays that were goofed

dgoebel
05-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Why do we give a pitcher his first start against Bama? 4 walks?? Do we realize how important these games are to recruiting?

Hemi Man
05-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Relax people this loss still only counts as 1 loss. The important games are the next 6 conference games and then off to the tournament.

newnan trojan
05-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I would rather lose this game than any of the 6 remaining conference games....

tenaciousT
05-08-2013, 10:40 PM
This loss won't hurt us too bad. Alabama's rpi was 31 or 32.

If we can sweep ASU this weekend we should still be ranked.

It does suck losing so many dadgum instate games though!

Trojans1andAll
05-09-2013, 02:43 AM
It's very simple, really. Troy was ranked, and 'bama was the next game. Trojan sports seem to be allergic to being ranked, and that's all there is to it. I didn't want to say anything when I saw the ranking, and I didn't say anything when I saw who the next opponent was, but I've been a student, alum, and fan long enough to know the trend.

troy4ever
05-09-2013, 07:58 AM
It's very simple, really. Troy was ranked, and 'bama was the next game. Trojan sports seem to be allergic to being ranked, and that's all there is to it. I didn't want to say anything when I saw the ranking, and I didn't say anything when I saw who the next opponent was, but I've been a student, alum, and fan long enough to know the trend.

Agreed.

The one that sticks out to me was the football season in 2000. We hit the number one ranking in the nation in the FCS (then I-AA) polls. What did we do? We went straight to USF that weekend and lost and lost our ranking.

dgoebel
05-09-2013, 09:11 AM
To quote Crash Davis in Bull Durham " Never screw with a winning streak". We didn't play this game to win. That was evident by the pitching decision. I understand how important the next 6 games are and I hope we sweep them all. My concern was we were on a roll and a game like this can be a momentum killer. If we lose the next 2 series we can look back at this game and realize that " we screwed with a win streak"

SOTStrumpet
05-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I was at the game, and the Trojans seemed to lack the intensity they have at the home games. Also, I know I'm a little biased toward Troy, but the officials made a few too many "out" calls that were clearly safe when the replays were shown on their scoreboard screen.

Troy87
05-09-2013, 01:03 PM
To quote Crash Davis in Bull Durham " Never screw with a winning streak". We didn't play this game to win. That was evident by the pitching decision. I understand how important the next 6 games are and I hope we sweep them all. My concern was we were on a roll and a game like this can be a momentum killer. If we lose the next 2 series we can look back at this game and realize that " we screwed with a win streak"

I don't see this game as a momentum killer at all. Based on what Coach Pierce and the three players said at the breakfast this past Saturday, they have the eye on the prize (Conference Championship/Regionals), the chemistry is getting hotter, and this game had no significant bearing on that.

We have just about secured a position in a regional. We have 7 games left, and if we win 5, we have the third 40-win season in the past decade. It would take a total collapse for us not to get into a regional at this point. If we take 2 of 3 from aSu, and 1 of the USA games, we go to a Regional.

As far as winning streaks, the only substantial winning streak we have is the one at home. We lost one at FAU two series ago. If we sweep this weekend, we open next season with the longest home winning streak in the country, and that will be great, but it will eventually end.

Troy87
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
I was at the game, and the Trojans seemed to lack the intensity they have at the home games. Also, I know I'm a little biased toward Troy, but the officials made a few too many "out" calls that were clearly safe when the replays were shown on their scoreboard screen.

A lot of that is expected on the road, and especially at an SEC venue.

LAZebra
05-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Relax people this loss still only counts as 1 loss. The important games are the next 6 conference games and then off to the tournament.

All true, but not much, other than a conference championship, does my heart more good than beating Alabama, Auburn, and Jax St.

LAZebra
05-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Unfortunately, they, like us, don't get regular conference umpires for mid-week games. Those supplemental staff yo-yos tend to be more susceptible to homerism!

Spiritual_Trojan
05-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately, they, like us, don't get regular conference umpires for mid-week games. Those supplemental staff yo-yos tend to be more susceptible to homerism!

They did make several bad calls against bama when I was listening to Barry. The hit player who even Barry and his co-host said should have gotten a base but didn't and when both Barry and his co-host could have sworn troy hit a fowl ball but the umps called it fair pr it was the other way around I cant remember exactly I do know that the bama fans were hollering.

Mr.E_205_Legion
05-09-2013, 08:15 PM
The hit player who even Barry and his co-host said should have gotten a base but didn't...

NOPE! The batter looked like a bad audition for Dancing with The Stars. He threw his hip out over the plate to catch the ball. Fortunate for us the umpire did not award him first base for his move.

A couple of the calls that SOTSTrumpet referred to were in the top of the 8th and the first base umpire (14) missed back to back calls. Called Tyler out at 2nd and Logan at 1st. The crowd was VERY quiet after viewing the replays.

It has NOW BEEN 24 hours to moan and groan about the loss - mourning is officially over! Ready to head south tomorrow for the NEXT game.