PDA

View Full Version : Trojans Announce Two Newcomers for 2013-14 Season

Hemi Man
04-18-2013, 05:48 PM
TROY, Ala. The Troy University men's basketball team and head coach Phil Cunningham announced two signees to the program on Thursday. Miguel Dicent Guante and Jaroslav Moravek will join the Trojans in the fall.

Dicent Guante comes to Troy after playing at the Canarias Basketball Academy in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain. The 6-foot-3, 180 lbs. guard is also very experienced at the national level, having played for his native Dominican Republic at the 2011 U17 FIBA Americas Tournament. Dicent Guante led the Dominican Republic with 3.8 assists per game and finished third in points (12.8) and fourth in rebounds (6.0), while shooting 54 percent from the floor and 40 percent from beyond the arc.

http://troytrojans.com/news/2013/4/18/MBB_0418133443.aspx?path=mbball

JonesOxygen
04-18-2013, 06:19 PM
That's what I'm talking about! Great work.

newnan trojan
04-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Exciting. Working hard already!

dgoebel
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Do these guys come in as freshman or juniors? Look like solid pick ups considering the time constraints. 6"8 forward is going to be a big help.

WeSuck.com
04-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Do these guys come in as freshman or juniors? Look like solid pick ups considering the time constraints. 6"8 forward is going to be a big help.

Who cares? If they can play and help win some games, it shouldn't matter.

dgoebel
04-19-2013, 05:31 AM

:confused013:

flockofoscars
04-19-2013, 10:37 AM

Just curiosity is all. No harm in that and I think these guys will be extremely helpful. Already getting foreign recruits ha cool :thumb:

flockofoscars
04-19-2013, 10:41 AM

I know Guante will for sure be a freshman! I think Moravek will be too but I am not 100% sure. I am excited about these guys! especially if they can gain some muscle mass! Go Trojans! :eatdrink004:

CHughes1102
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM

Yes it matters. It determines if we get them for only 2 years or the full 4. If we get them for 4, it would be awesome.

Troy79
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
TROY, Ala. The Troy University men's basketball team and head coach Phil Cunningham announced two signees to the program on Thursday. Miguel Dicent Guante and Jaroslav Moravek will join the Trojans in the fall.

Dicent Guante comes to Troy after playing at the Canarias Basketball Academy in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain. The 6-foot-3, 180 lbs. guard is also very experienced at the national level, having played for his native Dominican Republic at the 2011 U17 FIBA Americas Tournament. Dicent Guante led the Dominican Republic with 3.8 assists per game and finished third in points (12.8) and fourth in rebounds (6.0), while shooting 54 percent from the floor and 40 percent from beyond the arc.

http://troytrojans.com/news/2013/4/18/MBB_0418133443.aspx?path=mbball

They both should have 4 years of elgibility. I looked up the profile online for Jaroslav, he turns 21 this year and has not played college ball, but has plenty of experience for National teams. It is about time we had some international players on our basketball team considering we promote ourselves as Alabama's International University!

Go TROY!

TFan
04-22-2013, 08:48 AM
They both should have 4 years of elgibility. I looked up the profile online for Jaroslav, he turns 21 this year and has not played college ball, but has plenty of experience for National teams. It is about time we had some international players on our basketball team considering we promote ourselves as Alabama's International University!

Go TROY!

I like the part about "high basketball IQ" as well. This program needs more thinkin' both on and off court. Looks like we're heading the right direction.

GO TROJANS!