PDA

View Full Version : TROY vs WKU game 3

newnan trojan
04-14-2013, 05:24 PM
:mad:

Hemi Man
04-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Tough Tough loss. The focus has to be on the 2nd half of the conference schedule.

Trojans1andAll
04-14-2013, 06:48 PM
To me, this is a good team, but they have yet to prove themselves a great team.

dgoebel
04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
The conference is by far from top to bottom, the toughest it has ever been. We have a good team but so do others. It will take a lot of things to go right for any team to win the conference this year.

TrojanFanatic
04-14-2013, 07:12 PM
umpire didn't help in the top of the 10th with some terrible calls. Runners left on killed us as well, plus WKU out hit us the whole game. Good team just needs some consistency inning to inning

jagd1305
04-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Okay. So we're bummed about this series. Our guys took one and gave WK a MMA type fight for the other 2 games at their house. Folks, we have some players on this team who will make the opponents bring their best game to scrape by to win. Last year our team played the season with some bizarre series of injuries. I'm proud of this team. We have some punchers.

redwaver
04-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Tough Tough loss. The focus has to be on the 2nd half of the conference schedule.
If we could simply finish games. Reminds me of last fall!

troy4ever
04-15-2013, 07:05 AM
If we could simply finish games. Reminds me of last fall!

THIS!

We have to finish games. Many times this season we jump all over opponents and get a good solid lead on them only to not play a complete game through the end. Champions always find a way to win at the end of the game. So far...our boys have only proved that they are very good. Just not champions yet.

Troy87
04-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Just a point of consideration....

As has been pointed out, this conference is tough, and a team like WKU has the ability to rally just as much as we have the ability to hold a lead.

It's a match-up of very equal teams and WKU cannot be discounted in their ability as a team, especially at home with the home crowd behind them. This is why it's going to be very difficult for Troy the rest of the way this season. Our toughest remaining series are on the road, while the easiest are at home.

LAZebra
04-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I am convinced that this team would win the Sunbelt going away, by 4 or 5 games, on the average year. We have won conference titles with significantly less talent. This team just needs a little more mental toughness and a little less overconfidence. I still believe we have a very good chance to win the regular season and/or Sunbelt tournament. We still get to play two of the three other best teams, albeit on the road. Winning those two series and sweeping at least one of the remaining home series would likely win the title. This team is also the type that could get on a roll and blowout the tournament field! Go Trojans!!

Troy87
04-16-2013, 03:14 PM
I am convinced that this team would win the Sunbelt going away, by 4 or 5 games, on the average year. We have won conference titles with significantly less talent. This team just needs a little more mental toughness and a little less overconfidence. I still believe we have a very good chance to win the regular season and/or Sunbelt tournament. We still get to play two of the three other best teams, albeit on the road. Winning those two series and sweeping at least one of the remaining home series would likely win the title. This team is also the type that could get on a roll and blowout the tournament field! Go Trojans!!

Unfortunately, I'm not as confident as you. Looking at the remaining series each of the top 6 teams has to play, WKU looks to have the easiest road to the end of the season, and FAU appears to have the hardest.

The top 6 teams are all within 2 games of one another, and represent the ones really battling it out for the Regular Season Championship. I've broken it down a bit below, to illustrate what each teams' road looks like to get to the end.

Remaining Series

FAU
Away - @ULL, @WKU, @FIU
Home - Troy, UALR

FIU
Away - @MTSU, @Troy, @UALR
Home - ULL, FAU

Troy
Away - @FAU, @USA
Home - UALR, FIU, ASU

ULL
Away - @FIU, @ULM
Home - FAU, ASU, USA

USA
Away - @ULM, @ULL
Home - WKU, MTSU, Troy

WKU
Away - @USA, @UALR, @MTSU
Home - ULM, FAU

Remaining OOC Games

USA - Jax St. (x2), @FSU
WKU - Kentucky, @Lipscomb, @Louisville, @ Evansville
FAU - Florida Gulf Coast, UCF, @UCF, @Florida, @Miami
ULL - SE Louisiana, @Nichols St., @Northwestern St., @McNeese, @ Houston
Troy - Alabama A&M (x2), Samford, @Alabama, @UAB
FIU - Florida Gulf Coast, Bethune Cookman, Jacksonville (x2)

As for our own abilities, our biggest shortcoming is probably the lack of a power closer on the hill. We have some of the best pitching we've had in a while, but the closer, like a Josh Dew, just isn't present right now.

Realistically, I think we win 38 games this year, and that includes sweeping both UALR and FIU at home, and taking 2 out of 3 from Ark St. at home. To get to 40, we HAVE to take 2 of 3 in the series with both FAU and USA on the road.

In the long run, I think we finish 3rd in the conference, behind USA and WKU, but..............I think we still get to a Regional.

Troy79
04-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Guys,

I watched all 3 games against Western this past weekend and frankly, we could have come home with 3 wins. We have a fun team to watch, they can really hit the ball and played very good D this weekend. WKU is good but it amazes me they are at the top of the conference. I have seen them play multiple times this season and they have improved tremendously since the first month. They really have no bullpen so once you get past the starters, the only thing they really have out there is their closer.

Troy needs to put the last two games in the rear view mirror and focus on UALR to get back in our winning ways. It was great seeing a very good crowd of TROY people up this way. My Western contact at the University said that the past two seasons, no other Sun Belt team comes close to the fan support brought by TROY, and only their main rival MTSU comes a close second (and they are less than two hours down the road).

GO TROY!