PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock And Troy

dgoebel
04-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Don't know if this is true but I met a gentleman yesterday from here that has property up around Union Springs said Kid Rock has a place up around there and has Troy Tags on his truck. If this is true the University needs to reach out to him and roll out the carpet. It would be great for publicity and possible fund raising. Invite him to some games etc. Couldn't hurt IMO having him at a Troy football game or basketball game as a VIP. Anyone know if any of this is true?

Jericho Johnny
04-06-2013, 09:28 AM
It wouldn't surprise me - isn't it true that Hank Williams Jr. has some presence in the state and they are friends, right?

Reach out sure, just please, no Kid Rock halftime show.

dgoebel
04-06-2013, 09:34 AM
It wouldn't surprise me - isn't it true that Hank Williams Jr. has some presence in the state and they are friends, right?

Reach out sure, just please, no Kid Rock halftime show.

At least it would be better than than that stupid Black Eyed Peas Super Bowl Concert. Maybe we could have the Kid Rock Football Complex in the End Zone :thumb:

trojanbrutha
04-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Troy football related? :confused013:

dgoebel
04-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Troy football related? :confused013:

Wasn't sure where to post it but my thoughts was how he possibly could benefit the football program.

trojanbrutha
04-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Wasn't sure where to post it but my thoughts was how he possibly could benefit the football program.

Everything else...

troy4ever21
04-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I remember reading he came through Troy last year. He bought a Troy basketball jersey and wore it at Bama fest or whatever that concert is called.

flockofoscars
04-06-2013, 11:32 AM
HA it would be awesome to have a Kid Rock halftime show, and if this is true it would be awesome if we could get him to sponsor us in some way.

trojanblood
04-06-2013, 01:50 PM
It is true that he does. Hank Jr. has land not to far from where my land is.

dgoebel
04-06-2013, 02:04 PM
HA it would be awesome to have a Kid Rock halftime show, and if this is true it would be awesome if we could get him to sponsor us in some way.

Never underestimate these celebrities. Here in Ocala, we have John Travolta as a resident full time. He lives in an avaiation community here. Some how, the resident here have accepted him as one of us and he freely goes about town without being hassled. The last time my son was home he was at the starbucks on our square when Travolta sat right next to him, said Hi, and preceded to have his drink. No one came up for an autograph or anything. We see him around town all the time. In appreciation for this he has done a ton of things for the community. He has had movie premiers at the movie theater, donated to charities etc. It has been a win/win prop...well except for the stupid Scientology office we have here now, but that is another story. Think outside the box and reach out to Kid Rock, worse case he says no, best case we get some exposure or donations.

JonesOxygen
04-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Here is the skinny, yes Hank Jr and Kid Rock both have property in Pike County (technically may be Bullock County, it's on the boarder) roughly 25 minutes from Campus. I have never been to either ones place but know where they are and have friends who have been for various reasons. Let me also assure you the University has/is trying to develop a relationship with them. These two guys are as big as it gets and unfortunately you can't just give them a call, too many people in between them us. Both of the guys spend a lot of time here during deer and turkey season, you can find them at local eateries and stores, I have heard nothing but good things from people who have run into either one of them. I have run into Hank a few times and I am very close to his family members, I have not seen Kid Rock with my own eyes yet, but I've seen photos on Facebook.

They are also trying to reach out to Jamey Johnson. For those that do not know, he is from Montgomery and has recently purchased a golf course in Montgomery. He has a family member who lives in Troy.

JPSousa1898
04-11-2013, 07:33 PM
I would think that any relationship that does not naturally develop could end badly. Not to say that an effort to reach out to these people shouldn't be made, but in my opinion if we were to try to make some sort of unnatural connection with them it could be a black eye for the university.

redwaver
04-12-2013, 06:23 AM
I would think that any relationship that does not naturally develop could end badly. Not to say that an effort to reach out to these people shouldn't be made, but in my opinion if we were to try to make some sort of unnatural connection with them it could be a black eye for the university.
Really? How? Their money is as green as mine is, they just have way more of it. I think we have often accepted support from fans who didn't have a" naturaly developed" affiliation to Troy. We need cash........any cash (that's legally gotten of course) and I kinda like Jr.. Loved his dad, he just left too soon!:laughing021::thumb::eatdrink004:

JPSousa1898
04-13-2013, 07:03 PM
All I am saying is that we shouldn't approach these men like rabid teenage fans. The more respectful we are, the more endeared they would be to Troy.

redwaver
04-13-2013, 09:21 PM
All I am saying is that we shouldn't approach these men like rabid teenage fans. The more respectful we are, the more endeared they would be to Troy.
I assumed everyone knew that. I suspect JH had the class to know how to handle such things.

Hemi Man
04-14-2013, 10:09 AM

When you are trying to raise money, you don't sit around and wait for people to offer to write you a check. You would approach these people in much the same way you would any other prospective donor. You cultivate the relationship and sell them on your product. It just shows me that John and the rest of fund raising department are being aggressive.

dgoebel
04-14-2013, 11:09 AM
When you are trying to raise money, you don't sit around and wait for people to offer to write you a check. You would approach these people in much the same way you would any other prospective donor. You cultivate the relationship and sell them on your product. It just shows me that John and the rest of fund raising department are being aggressive.

I see no harm in inviting them to a Game, give them access to the 6th floor area, let them enjoy the game and hospitality and develop a relationship. The worst that happens is they say no to the invite, the best is they say yes, enjoy the game and decide they would like to be a part of it. Like Hemi said, people aren't going to send in checks on their own. We have to put some effort into it.

JonesOxygen
04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
As I said, Troy is TRYING to develop a relationship with these guys. You can't just call Kid & Jr on their cell phone and say "this is so and so with Troy University and we want you to come to a game...."
Too many handlers!

dgoebel
04-15-2013, 02:00 PM
As I said, Troy is TRYING to develop a relationship with these guys. You can't just call Kid & Jr on their cell phone and say "this is so and so with Troy University and we want you to come to a game...."
Too many handlers!

Hope it works out. It would be great publicity for the school.