PDA

View Full Version : The Cow College gets caught...

Possum
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9131624

Only a matter of time before Bamer gets caught...

:jester:

TrojanEmpire
04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=9131624

Only a matter of time before Bamer gets caught...

:jester:

You do realize who wrote that article right?

NWFLTrojan
04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
You do realize who wrote that article right?

Please enlighten me, I have no idea who she is.

PCTrojan
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Please enlighten me, I have no idea who she is.

The original article on roopstigo.com was written by Selena Roberts a former NY Times/Sports Illustrated reporter and former AU graduate. She broke the story in a book about A-Roid's steroid use and she was involved in the Duke LaCrosse scandal (not necessarily in a good way).

She is willing to go after her alma mater and try and reveal a culture everyone knew existed except AU fans.

What is your implication with who she is?

EDIT: This was intended to quote the poster above your questioning for enlightenment.

flockofoscars
04-05-2013, 11:19 AM
I am no big fan of AU but all i have to say about this story is that it is crap haha she faked it with Duke. shes an idiot trying to get money and using a hood, Mike McNeil, to claim it is true. This is the dumbest thing i have ever heard and ESPN is stupid for even looking into it. Even the NCAA president said it was trash lol People just hate that the SEC is the best conference and want to imply that they could not win a NC without cheating. Only fools buy into this garbage. and before you say im an AU fan that is not the case. I am just sick of hearing how Auburn is cheaters when they really are not. I hate ESPN:sick016:

NCAA:
http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_b129da72-9d5b-11e2-aa38-0019bb30f31a.html

TrojanEmpire
04-05-2013, 03:53 PM
The original article on roopstigo.com was written by Selena Roberts a former NY Times/Sports Illustrated reporter and former AU graduate. She broke the story in a book about A-Roid's steroid use and she was involved in the Duke LaCrosse scandal (not necessarily in a good way).

She is willing to go after her alma mater and try and reveal a culture everyone knew existed except AU fans.

What is your implication with who she is?

EDIT: This was intended to quote the poster above your questioning for enlightenment.

I did not question anyone's enlightenment. I simply asked a question. Some people don't know who the woman is.

She is a person with zero credibility. She was a laughing stock for her "coverage" of the Duke Lacrosse case. It caused her to ultimately get fired from the New York Times. She has also been fired by both SI and ESPN. No one would hire her, so she started her own blog and posts the Auburn story on it looking for hits on her website. I got my bachelors in journalism from TSU (a long time ago. Eventually decided to go another way) Even though I don't have much practical experience in the field, I know enough about the business to know that this lady stopped being a "journalist" a long time ago. She is no better than other blog sites like Sports by Brooks.

Former colleagues thought very little of her book on A-Rod
http://www.murraychass.com/?p=700

She is asking people to believe that all these things she alledges Auburn did in her "blog post", they did while the NCAA was on campus looking under every rock to try to find something they could use to nail Auburn to the wall with. Come on now, Auburn has done a lot of dumb things in the past. Does anyone on her really think they are that dumb?

Possum
04-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I think the Cow College is dumb... but, I always have...

Jax State is number one on my crap list, but the Cow College and Saban State are a very close second and third.

redwaver
04-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I am no big fan of AU but all i have to say about this story is that it is crap haha she faked it with Duke. shes an idiot trying to get money and using a hood, Mike McNeil, to claim it is true. This is the dumbest thing i have ever heard and ESPN is stupid for even looking into it. Even the NCAA president said it was trash lol People just hate that the SEC is the best conference and want to imply that they could not win a NC without cheating. Only fools buy into this garbage. and before you say im an AU fan that is not the case. I am just sick of hearing how Auburn is cheaters when they really are not. I hate ESPN:sick016:

NCAA:
http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_b129da72-9d5b-11e2-aa38-0019bb30f31a.html
Funny, had a friend years ago who was a huge AU fan and big financial supporter and I heard him say he gave $10,000.00 a year to a fund to get to athletes. Back then if that was not cheating I don't know what is but that was several years ago. Of course he might have been "funin" us but I doubt it. He sounded serious and he was a huge supporter! Never say never about being a "cheater"! Just sayin!