PDA

View Full Version : Sun Belt Commish says WKU bailing is no surprise

Doug4Troy
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Sun Belt commish Karl Benson: WKU's exit 'not a surprise'

By Chip Patterson | College Football WriterApril 1, 2013 1:46 pm ET

Western Kentucky's move from the Sun Belt to Conference USA was made official on Monday; another domino to fall in the latest wave of conference realignment.

Conference USA likely added the Hilltoppers to replace Tusla. The Golden Hurricanes are expected to fill a void in the soon-to-be-renamed Big East -- according to CBSSports.com's Jeremy Fowler, it's not a matter of if, but when. The move fills one conference's need for balanced membership, but it creates another void for the Sun Belt.

Sun Belt commissioner Karl Benson issued a statement on Monday after Western Kentucky's announcement, confirming that the move is "not a surprise" and there are universities that "have a strong desire to be members of the Sun Belt Conference..."

Complete story: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21989105/sun-belt-commish-karl-benson-western-kentuckys-exit-not-a-surprise

TrojanFanatic
04-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Why would it be a surprise? Anyone will get out of the Sunbelt when given the chance, I don't care if it's Troy, WKU, ASU, USA or James Madison

Trojan_Thunder
04-01-2013, 03:11 PM
I personally don't see the appeal of the New C-USA. I think the Sunbelt has gotten a bad rap, especially considering that the New USA looks a lot like the old Sunbelt. That's okay, if they (C-USA) want to burn out their budgets on traveling costs, let them.