PDA

View Full Version : What I like about Coach Cunningham...

ksdtrojan
03-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Cunningham says he likes up-tempo basketball, man-to-man defense. Most of all he likes to teach togetherness.

Troy79
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
The players up here in Bowing Green really liked Coach Cunningham and he went to college just up the road at Campbellsville University, an NAIA program where his dad coached. Good Kentucky roots should help the basketball program. He also mentioned wanting to sign some big men in the middle as well as always giving full effort each and every time out on the court. He will be an excellent hire and I am glad he retained Coach Ben Fletcher, which will help smooth the transition.

Go TROY!

CHughes1102
03-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Agreed. This is a very good hire!!

dgoebel
03-26-2013, 01:00 PM
His connections to Kentucky high school basketball could be huge. Hs basketball in KY and TN is HUGE!,,,,,,

CHughes1102
03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
His connections to Kentucky high school basketball could be huge. Hs basketball in KY and TN is HUGE!,,,,,,

Agreed with this. Also we need a big man down low and I think he will find us some good ones. Will take a few years with the transition and getting our program to be top notch, but I believe it will happen.

Brotherofanalum
03-26-2013, 01:35 PM
The more and more I find out about him I like, but when do we stop letting the transition excuse slide? That's just an honest question of how long we give him if things don't start how they should.

JonesOxygen
03-26-2013, 02:21 PM
He understands the importance of a big man. He recruited a 6"10 240lb Russian kid to WKU, he is a freshman now, as in out of high school and appears to have a bright future.

CHughes1102
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
The more and more I find out about him I like, but when do we stop letting the transition excuse slide? That's just an honest question of how long we give him if things don't start how they should.

I would give him 3-4 years. Look at what Chanda Rigby has done in WBB. They didn't even win 10 games, but everyone saw a big improvement. Beat MTSU and won a tournament game.

Keep in mind the team is full of JUCO's and none of them are for PC's system. He has to recruit his own players, who a lot of them are High School kids, and let them develop into his system.