PDA

View Full Version : John Hartwell made a good hire

CHughes1102
03-26-2013, 08:54 AM
For those that are complaining, keep in mind that our AD is a basketball guy. He knows his stuff. Phil Cunningham has had a lot of years in successful programs. He has proven he can recruit great High School athletes which is what we need.

Give him a few years and he will turn our program around!!

Does 1 year at WKU overshadow his 12 years at Miss St?

During his second stint at MSU, Cunningham has taken on primary responsibilities in the areas of recruiting, player development with the Bulldog guards, scouting and on-floor coaching duties.* The Bulldogs' last 11 recruiting classes have all been nationally recognized due largely in part to his relentless recruiting style, tremendous work ethic, and eye for talent.

Cunningham was recently tabbed by Rivals.com as one of the nation's top 25 assistant coaches.* He was also previously recognized by The Hoop Scoop recruiting publication as one of the top NCAA Division I men's basketball assistant coaches.

http://m.hailstate.com/mobile/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=16800

JonesOxygen
03-26-2013, 08:57 AM
:eatdrink004:

Brotherofanalum
03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't mind not getting a big name, but whenever he talks like we've hired Jesus Christ it's upsetting

WeSuck.com
03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't mind not getting a big name, but whenever he talks like we've hired Jesus Christ it's upsetting

You mean, kind of like those that worship at the Alter of High School players?

Hemi Man
03-26-2013, 10:43 AM

I'm confused. John Hartwell is a basketball guy. He's knows what he's doing. Would a name like Isiah Thomas have made you happier?

flockofoscars
03-26-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm confused. John Hartwell is a basketball guy. He's knows what he's doing. Would a name like Isiah Thomas have made you happier?

Hemi i must give you rep lol that really does show sometimes the big name is not always better. Im really excited about this guy!

tenaciousT
03-26-2013, 10:57 AM
watch the presser:

http://troytrojans.com/news/2013/3/25/MBB_0325132755.aspx?path=mbball

tenaciousT
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
deleted

Brotherofanalum
03-26-2013, 01:06 PM

Lol not Isaiah, but maybe someone who's been out of coaching for a while. Kind of like a rental: we get him for three years, he builds his rep, he builds up the program. It's a win/win. Wesuck, I'm not one of the people against JUCO, I just want someone who can actually play.

Brotherofanalum
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Speaking of people who could play, what ever happened to Will Weathers after he left? There was a hole in my heart whenever he left. That guy knew he could play.

Chasin170
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Just received a call from a past athletic staffer at MSU and he was very excited for Troy's new hire.He is a straight shooter and said that this is a really cerebral hire by our AD.MSU guys typically don't exalt ANY action by UM either present or past!

Good hire in my book

redwaver
03-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Just trust John!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

TrojanWarrior418
03-26-2013, 06:15 PM
I can't complain. I've read the release by the University and this sounds like a great hire. We are getting someone who (so to speak) has always been the bridesmaid but never the bride. I think he'll be eager to prove himself and Troy will reap the benefits. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Trojans can do when we recruit high school players for a change.

dgoebel
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
I can't complain. I've read the release by the University and this sounds like a great hire. We are getting someone who (so to speak) has always been the bridesmaid but never the bride. I think he'll be eager to prove himself and Troy will reap the benefits. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Trojans can do when we recruit high school players for a change.

I second that. The more I read, the more I like. Will be refreshing to see some players play for 4 years.

Brotherofanalum
03-27-2013, 01:11 AM
I second that. The more I read, the more I like. Will be refreshing to see some players play for 4 years.

Maybe one day we'll be good enough that we recruit high school players who only stay on year!

TrojanSportsNow
03-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Check out an introduction to the new hire here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPArJojyLU

jagd1305
03-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Troy's been getting a lot of love this morning from some of the national sports radio talk shows on satellite radio this morning about this hire.

JonesOxygen
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Check out an introduction to the new hire here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPArJojyLU

Nice high quality backdrop!