PDA

View Full Version : Could this happen?

PLASTrojan
03-18-2013, 11:34 AM
What about Bobby Lutz? He has been a proven head coach and he is Gottfried's # 2 man at N.C. State. Gottfried and Hartwell played on the same high school team.

http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/bobby_lutz_750960.html

JonesOxygen
03-18-2013, 12:21 PM
deleted

newnan trojan
03-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I would be one HAPPY man!

troy4ever
03-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Is this an actual rumor or just a wish?

If this is true and it's someone we are pursuing, I think it's a good get. He's proven and his stats speak for themselves including in recruiting. His age doesn't bother me. We need someone experienced and proven to come in for a few years and turn things around and get things moving in the right direction again. He could obviously do that. And then if he leaves, we get us a young up and comer with a fiery attitude who feels like it's him against the world. He'll want to prove himself.

Troy87
03-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I think he would be a good hire, but I also think he's a guy that wants to stay in NC. He went to school at UNC-Charlotte, he coached at UNC-Charlotte, and he is currently at NC State. He had the one season at Iowa St., but I think that was a filler until his next job in his home state.

If John has enough influence to entice him to Troy, I think it's a great choice. But I think it's a difficult task to draw a guy from the state he apparently loves, to a state far from home, and a school that is not a "Big-Name" Basketball program.