PDA

View Full Version : Troy vs South AL Round 2

Doug4Troy
03-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Gotta avoid the sweep!

Trojans1andAll
03-17-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't even know what to say about these kinds of losses any more. Just go back to last year and find another thread about the same thing and plug it in here.

Just curious here, do any schools offer $$$ incentives to the coaches for beating rivals? I know coaches don't want to put too much importance on particular games, but ALWAYS choking out against in-states and/or rivals is a getting to be too much. One thing about CLB, he'll get his fair share of wins in these games.

Navarre Trojan
03-17-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't even know what to say about these kinds of losses any more. Just go back to last year and find another thread about the same thing and plug it in here.

Just curious here, do any schools offer $$$ incentives to the coaches for beating rivals? I know coaches don't want to put too much importance on particular games, but ALWAYS choking out against in-states and/or rivals is a getting to be too much. One thing about CLB, he'll get his fair share of wins in these games.

"Choking"??

Trojans1andAll
03-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Choking, losing, failing, whatever the heck word you like that means they scored more points than us.

PensacolaTrojan
03-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Last night was a tough loss but the middle reliever for USA was pretty good. We can't win th all. Friday night was a fluke so we really should be 1-1. I expect a good outing today. We have been strong on Sundays.

jagd1305
03-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Problem is we're 0-2 against USA and 0-4 against in-state teams after taking 2 of 3 from USM. It's still early in the season but our guys have to become hunters rather than the hunted out on the field. I'm confident they can do it. I'm sure it pi$$es them off more than it does us, the fans. GO TROY!

Troy87
03-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Everyone should keep in mind we're playing in the 5th ranked conference (of 32) in the country right now. USA has an RPI of 13th in the country (of 298).

This conference is not a conference we can dominate in Baseball. This is a nationally competitive conference, and right now it's ranked behind the ACC, SEC, PAC 12 and Big10.

So don't get down on this team because you think they should dominate every opponent. This isn't Sun Belt Football, it's Sun Belt Baseball, and it's been a tough conference for a long time. It's going to be a brutal conference schedule no matter what.