PDA

View Full Version : Troy vs South Al...Round 1

Doug4Troy
03-15-2013, 10:43 PM
What a game, it's tough when you have them by 6 runs in the 7th, and then give them a chance to score 7 in the 8th & 9th. Uggh. But have to give it to their team, they battled the whole way and showed a lot of grit. They played a great game.

cchtrojan
03-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, witnessed, the lashing we took Tuesday night. I realize we don't play our best pitchers on Tuesday, but I also believe if you are going to play midweek; play to win. Tonight was very frustrating. There is no reason our starting pitcher had to get a no decision in this game. I am not an armchair coach. I am a loud and proud Troy fan at the games. I will say the loss tonight should fall on the coaches shoulders. When I was leaving the game a friend of mine that did not get to make it to the game tonight sent me a text that said well, leave it to my trojans it doesn't matter what sport they always find a way to lose. Is it really that way??? hum... could be....
Come on Trojans stop CHOKING!!! win win win.... you have the players and team...

newnan trojan
03-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Just a wasted win....

Troy needs to learn how to close out games... Don't let off the gas.

WeSuck.com
03-16-2013, 08:53 AM
We have too many JUCO players on this team...not enough chemistry

dgoebel
03-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Just a wasted win....

Troy needs to learn how to close out games... Don't let off the gas.

They need to win against in state competition that they compete against for recruits. We have lost to AL St., UAB, and USA already.

dgoebel
03-16-2013, 08:55 AM
We have too many JUCO players on this team...not enough chemistry

No, we have a good mix of both. Pitching wins and we didn't have it this game.

KirkLazarus
03-16-2013, 09:55 AM
No, we have a good mix of both. Pitching wins and we didn't have it this game.

We'll be just fine.

troy4ever
03-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Well, witnessed, the lashing we took Tuesday night. I realize we don't play our best pitchers on Tuesday, but I also believe if you are going to play midweek; play to win. Tonight was very frustrating. There is no reason our starting pitcher had to get a no decision in this game. I am not an armchair coach. I am a loud and proud Troy fan at the games. I will say the loss tonight should fall on the coaches shoulders. When I was leaving the game a friend of mine that did not get to make it to the game tonight sent me a text that said well, leave it to my trojans it doesn't matter what sport they always find a way to lose. Is it really that way??? hum... could be....
Come on Trojans stop CHOKING!!! win win win.... you have the players and team...

Your friend is right and yes, it's in all sports. I have felt this way about Troy for YEARS. So often in so many sports we've put ourselves in positions to win only to choke.

SoFlaTrojan
03-18-2013, 08:35 PM
I am tired of the nearly unbelievable ways of choking our Trojans manage to accomplish.

trojanbrutha
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
I am tired of the nearly unbelievable ways of choking our Trojans manage to accomplish.

There's always fau...

SoFlaTrojan
03-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Nice shot, but FAU doesn't choke. When it loses (often in football), it pretty much loses from the start (except when Troy lets it win in the last seconds).

I can recall only a couple of FAU choked (mainly this basketball season), while Troy sports brings many chokes to mind in most sports - even during only the last couple of years. It's becoming an unfortunate epidemic.