PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Brew Pub

Possum
03-02-2013, 07:49 PM
This is just a hypothetical question, because I don't plan on ever leaving Cape Girardeau, Missouri... Because I love it here...

Do you think that a Brew House would do well in Troy? Brew House meaning, a restaurant/ music venue that brews its own beer/liquor...

Jericho Johnny
03-02-2013, 10:40 PM
I personally don't think it would. I don't think the area has the population nor the proper drinking culture for such an establishment to be successful. As I recall, there was a pretty good brew pub in Montgomery that ended up going out of business. There may be others now.

I have always thought, if it was something I could do, that it would be very profitable to open a franchise of CiCi's Pizza in Troy. Or a Jimmy John's.

troy4ever21
03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
If you want to make money open a pizza buffet in Troy. I have no idea why no one has caught on to this. Make it so. :eatdrink004:

Possum
03-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I agree with Jericho, the population and the drinking culture is very lacking...

Most college kids think Natty Ice is real drinking...:rollinglaugh:

dgoebel
03-03-2013, 11:54 AM
This is just a hypothetical question, because I don't plan on ever leaving Cape Girardeau, Missouri... Because I love it here...

Do you think that a Brew House would do well in Troy? Brew House meaning, a restaurant/ music venue that brews its own beer/liquor...

It would be hard for a Brew House to make it in a town that doesn't allow draft beer. Why I have no idea??? Personally I think it could do ok. We sometimes forget the 231 traffic trumps the town and school. Would people stop?? Possibly.

Possum
03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Ya, I never understood why Troy wouldn't legalize draft beer...

SOTSButterfly
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
As I recall, there was a pretty good brew pub in Montgomery that ended up going out of business. There may be others now.

http://www.railyardbrewingcompany.com/ :eatdrink004:

Spiritual_Trojan
03-04-2013, 11:19 PM
I agree with Jericho, the population and the drinking culture is very lacking...

Most college kids think Natty Ice is real drinking...:rollinglaugh:

I actually knew a pretty sizable group of students at troy that brewed their own beer, mead, ale, etc. I know some of them have moved away so idk if they passed it on to others that are still around.

Possum
03-05-2013, 01:48 AM
I brewed my own beer and distilled my own liquor in college, still do... It was/is ILLEGAL in Alabama to do so...

Now in Missouri I can make up to 200 gallons of liquor a year without a permit and home brewed beer is unlimited... Make as much as I want... :jester:

But, last I heard there was a bill before the state senate to change the laws against home brewing and distilling in Alabama... We'll see if it passes, though.

Spiritual_Trojan
03-05-2013, 09:17 AM
I brewed my own beer and distilled my own liquor in college, still do... It was/is ILLEGAL in Alabama to do so...

Now in Missouri I can make up to 200 gallons of liquor a year without a permit and home brewed beer is unlimited... Make as much as I want... :jester:

But, last I heard there was a bill before the state senate to change the laws against home brewing and distilling in Alabama... We'll see if it passes, though.

I know there are certain things you can brew legally in Alabama, I can't remember it was a gallon limit, only certain types, or under a certain alcohol content. Not saying that they always followed all but I know a lot of what they made was legal, at least according to them lol

Burn the Horse
03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
As I recall, there was a pretty good brew pub in Montgomery that ended up going out of business. There may be others now.

There is a new brewery in the same location now. It is called the Railyard Brewing Company. They have a similar selection to the old Montgomery Brewing Company, but the restaurant aspect has changed a lot.

The Railyard is more of a true sports bar type of place. They specialize in gourmet burgers, like bison, lamb, tofu, etc. I like the bison burger.

If you are in Montgomery and want a beer, definitly hit up the Railyard. :eatdrink004: