PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 28 Basketball Marks Fan Appreciation Night

Doug4Troy
02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Thursday Basketball Marks Fan Appreciation Night

http://www.troytrojans.com/images/2013/2/27/rp_primary_Tipoff.jpg

TROY, Ala. Troy Athletics will thank its fans at Thursday night's basketball doubleheader against Middle Tennessee as the Trojans host Fan Appreciation Night. The women's basketball game tips at 5:15 p.m. with the men's to follow at 7:30 p.m.

Members of the Troy Athletics staff will be greeting fans at the doors of Trojan Arena and giving away vouchers for free admission to any of this weekend's baseball games to all in attendance.

The vouchers will be good to use at any one of Troy's three baseball games against No.24 Southern Miss this weekend. The Trojans and Golden Eagles will play on Friday at 6 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday at 1p.m. at Riddle-Pace Field.

For more ticket information, or to purchase tickets for Thursday's basketball games, visit TroyTrojans.com or call the Troy ticket office at 1-877-878-WINS (9467)...

Complete story: http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2013/2/27/MBB_0227132509.aspx?path=mbball

MobileBama
03-01-2013, 10:46 AM
I see where you guys only had 1,674 fans at last night's game and that's not a slam b/c USA hasn't drawn well the last few years.

I know the team is down this year but why is attendance so low, especially on "Fan Appreciation Night" against MTSU in a brand new arena?

Does ticket prices have anything to do with it?

What type of crowd do you expect for Senior Night against the Jags?

JonesOxygen
03-01-2013, 11:07 AM
We touched on this a little while back. Unless the basketball teams are winning and by winning I mean 20+ wins, there will be low attendance. The SADDEST part is the students. We have 7,000 on campus, yet we can't get more than probably 250 there. The "Fan appreciation night" was something that I saw one time on the website, not sure why it was not pushed a little more. The locals have other things going on, baseball practice has started for the little ones, high schools are playing now. If your kid played football and basketball, you just finished and really don't want to dedicate time to something else. Ticket price is another good point, lots of people use it as an excuse, yes a family of four could easily cost $100 to go to the game. The other issue is time, 7:30 tip on a school night is tough when you have little ones, my wife left at half time. 7:30 is when we START putting them in bed on school nights. Sorry to make such a long answer but people will make excuses and at the end of the day, winning cures all!
Saturday night may have 2,000 TOPS!

dgoebel
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
We touched on this a little while back. Unless the basketball teams are winning and by winning I mean 20+ wins, there will be low attendance. The SADDEST part is the students. We have 7,000 on campus, yet we can't get more than probably 250 there. The "Fan appreciation night" was something that I saw one time on the website, not sure why it was not pushed a little more. The locals have other things going on, baseball practice has started for the little ones, high schools are playing now. If your kid played football and basketball, you just finished and really don't want to dedicate time to something else. Ticket price is another good point, lots of people use it as an excuse, yes a family of four could easily cost $100 to go to the game. The other issue is time, 7:30 tip on a school night is tough when you have little ones, my wife left at half time. 7:30 is when we START putting them in bed on school nights. Sorry to make such a long answer but people will make excuses and at the end of the day, winning cures all!
Saturday night may have 2,000 TOPS!

You aren't going to get people out to watch a 11-20 team...that is the fact. Make changes and get serious about basketball or we have a mult-million dollar, state of the art graduation pavillion.

redwaver
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
You aren't going to get people out to watch a 11-20 team...that is the fact. Make changes and get serious about basketball or we have a mult-million dollar, state of the art graduation pavillion.
Oh get ready, if facilities are the answer, we should win the conference in a year or so!!!;-)

MobileBama
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Great points Jones. Same thing with students at South. They came out better this year but there wasn't a constant showing all year.

See y'all tomorrow night