PDA

View Full Version : More on GSU and Sun Belt speculation

Doug4Troy
02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Sun Belt Conference could be in Georgia Southernís future

By MIKE BROWN ó sports@macon.com

STATESBORO -- A formal invitation for Georgia Southern to become a member of the Sun Belt Conference is yet to come, but it appears to be only a matter of time...

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2013/02/03/2341524/sun-belt-conference-could-be-in.html#storylink=cpy

dgoebel
02-19-2013, 10:05 AM
This would be an excellent choice but it will add to our competition for sure. Not only football but they are pretty solid across the board in all their sports. Great tradition and it would make for our biggest rivalry IMO in years to come.

GaSouthern
03-21-2013, 09:22 AM
This would be an excellent choice but it will add to our competition for sure. Not only football but they are pretty solid across the board in all their sports. Great tradition and it would make for our biggest rivalry IMO in years to come.

I think many Georgia Southern fans would recognize a rivalry with Troy from the get go, especially with our history dating back to the 1930's.

Troy would probably become our 3rd rival behind only App State and Georgia State.

Jericho Johnny
03-21-2013, 05:07 PM
I still think USA will be and should be our biggest natural rival. That said, I would like to see a good healthy rivalry with the Eagles.