PDA

View Full Version : Ladies beat MTSU!

tenaciousT
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.dothaneagle.com/sports/troy/article_5639f3fc-73d2-11e2-a990-001a4bcf6878.html

What a win! Hopefully they can roll this win and end the season on a positive note.

Doug4Troy
02-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Great win! Congrats Ladies! GO TROJANS!

WeSuck.com
02-10-2013, 10:54 PM
This kills them worse than losing to TMTDM 8 years in row in football. They live and breathe Womens basketball. CDOA is such a perfect fit for those losers.

Troy87
02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
First,

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!

Second,

HA, HA, HA, HA, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Finally,

If this is a peek at things to come, then our Women's Basketball team is going to be just fine in the coming years.

Lego
02-11-2013, 01:47 PM
First,

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!

Second,

HA, HA, HA, HA, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Finally,

If this is a peek at things to come, then our Women's Basketball team is going to be just fine in the coming years.

Yep, it's called good coaching.

JonesOxygen
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
What a BIG, HUGE win! Great job by the staff and players. As we have talked about before, once this team is full of Coach Rigby's players, things will definitely get interesting. I have seen all the home games and you could see "it" click about halfway through the year, MOST of the games have been very close and now with two conference wins within 10 days, I think "ole mo" is on their side.

flockofoscars
02-11-2013, 05:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8934448/women-college-basketball-sunday-wins-mean-big-day-michigan-wolverins-lsu-lady-tigers

Check out this ESPN article. See what the upset of the week was.

SoFlaTrojan
02-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Our ladies sure do score a lot of points. Nice win!

On good thing about losing MTSU to CUSA is we won't have to hear them talk any more about how good they are at women's ball, tiddlywinks and winning the friggin' Bubbas Cup!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Our ladies sure do score a lot of points. Nice win!

On good thing about losing MTSU to CUSA is we won't have to hear them talk any more about how good they are at women's ball, tiddlywinks and winning the friggin' Bubbas Cup!

Tiddlywinks? That's like rodeo, right? MTSU has a good women's team, and they will rebound. They lost in overtime to a 4-18 team ranked below 300 in all of Division 1. It's justifiably their worst loss in the history of their program, and a loss that will not easily be replicated especially in the same season. Feb 28th is going to be ugly for the home team in Pike County, Alabama.

TFan
02-12-2013, 10:24 AM
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8934448/women-college-basketball-sunday-wins-mean-big-day-michigan-wolverins-lsu-lady-tigers

Check out this ESPN article. See what the upset of the week was.

Upset of the week

Troy over Middle Tennessee: With apologies to Michigan, LSU and other upset-minded teams in big conferences, Troy pulled off the week's real stunner with a 74-70 win at Middle Tennessee State on Sunday. That's the same Troy that entered the game with an 1-12 record in the Sun Belt and 4-18 record overall. And that's the same Middle Tennessee that was a perfect 16-0 against Troy and that had never lost more than one conference game at home in a season. Neither of those hold true any longer. Joanna Harden played all 45 minutes and led the Trojans with 27 points. It's a nice win to build on in a long season for Troy first-year coach Chanda Rigby.

SoFlaTrojan
02-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Or, Troy - an upcoming program with a new, progressive coach, just rose up and beat the "mighty" CDOA-bound Blue Raiders.

I will miss neither MTSU, nor Tennessee Boy one bit next year. I hope he disappears from these pages along with mentions of his school.

Oh, and he has no idea what it takes to be successful in equestrian sports. How many national titles has the MTSU women's hoops team won?

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Or, Troy - an upcoming program with a new, progressive coach, just rose up and beat the "mighty" CDOA-bound Blue Raiders.

I will miss neither MTSU, nor Tennessee Boy one bit next year. I hope he disappears from these pages along with mentions of his school.

Oh, and he has no idea what it takes to be successful in equestrian sports. How many national titles has the MTSU women's hoops team won?

Women's basketball is a tough sport with which to win a national title. When you have storied programs like UConn, Tennessee, and Stanford competing, it's a challenge. Rodeo? I couldn't tell you anything about that " sport" with regards to competition. I do know more teams sponsor women's basketball than they do Rodeo. I'm sure MTSU is glad to be out of the Slum Belt as well and away from teams that never win more than 10 games in a season like Troy. Going to be interesting now seeing Suck Belch champions occupying the #16 seed in both men's and women's NCAA tourneys. But that's what you have in a conference that cares about football above everything else, and despite attendance and wins over nationally ranked Missouri teams, the Belt can only afford $50,000 per school in media rights and has never produced a Top 25 team in football. Look at Utah State. They produce a Top 25 team, but only after moving to a higher profile conference. Couldn't do that in the Sun Belt, but then....your conference actually has to have respect from the media in order to make a Top 25 team. The media does not respect the Sun Belt, and it never will.

SoFlaTrojan
02-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Just go away, you jackbag. Oh, and have fun filling your stadium with the likes of Charlotte, ODU, UTSA, FIU and Rice coming to town.

TrojanFanatic
02-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Women's basketball is a tough sport with which to win a national title. When you have storied programs like UConn, Tennessee, and Stanford competing, it's a challenge. Rodeo? I couldn't tell you anything about that " sport" with regards to competition. I do know more teams sponsor women's basketball than they do Rodeo. I'm sure MTSU is glad to be out of the Slum Belt as well and away from teams that never win more than 10 games in a season like Troy. Going to be interesting now seeing Suck Belch champions occupying the #16 seed in both men's and women's NCAA tourneys. But that's what you have in a conference that cares about football above everything else, and despite attendance and wins over nationally ranked Missouri teams, the Belt can only afford $50,000 per school in media rights and has never produced a Top 25 team in football. Look at Utah State. They produce a Top 25 team, but only after moving to a higher profile conference. Couldn't do that in the Sun Belt, but then....your conference actually has to have respect from the media in order to make a Top 25 team. The media does not respect the Sun Belt, and it never will.

After seeing the teams CUSA is pulled, you can't pay me enough to actually think CUSA is a better conference now. it's the old Sunbelt, except without the good teams. Yea, the Belt cares about football more, because it makes more money here in the south, that's it plain and simple

jagd1305
02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
I suspect that TBR, along with the other MT fans will wonder why in the upcoming years that despite their conference change why is their stadium still exposing so much aluminum. 10 win season or not, even their own fans don't care.
The answer: relevance, or lack thereof.
As for the recent loss in womens basketball...Butt hurt, bro? Don't go away mad, just go away.

P.S. Loved the DNJ photo of the MT coach spewing liquid hell on his player. Judging by the stunned looks on other MT players and staff, it must've been epic.

SoFlaTrojan
02-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Nice, Jag.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-14-2013, 02:07 AM
I suspect that TBR, along with the other MT fans will wonder why in the upcoming years that despite their conference change why is their stadium still exposing so much aluminum. 10 win season or not, even their own fans don't care.
The answer: relevance, or lack thereof.
As for the recent loss in womens basketball...Butt hurt, bro? Don't go away mad, just go away.

P.S. Loved the DNJ photo of the MT coach spewing liquid hell on his player. Judging by the stunned looks on other MT players and staff, it must've been epic.

Gee. I didn't know one season's attendance defined a program's entire history. Maybe some fans don't appreciate losing to 1-AA teams. That might work for Belch members Arkansas State, ULM, Western Kentucky, and Louisiana-Lafayette who have all lost to 1-AA teams in the past 10 years, but perhaps MTSU fans have little tolerance for it. Being hung up on one season is not a good idea. tThat team they lost to 1-AA McNeese with star RB Ben Cunningham only later beat Troy State without him. Think about that since your hung up on one year. I wish BYU would schedule Troy. Easy win for "Tradition, Spirit, Honor.". Instead, Middle Tennessee will make for a better opponent over the next two years from a more recognizable conference than the Suck Belch.

SoFlaTrojan
02-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Anyone with common sense could have seen Troy fumble and stumble and throw interceptions to literally give away the game last year. MTSU was handed it and won nothing.

Regardless, Troy owned MTSU for the life of their Sun Belt series.

Those "belch" teams he speaks of would own much if not all of the new CUSA (worst football conference in America).

Hemi Man
02-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Gee. I didn't know one season's attendance defined a program's entire history. Maybe some fans don't appreciate losing to 1-AA teams. That might work for Belch members Arkansas State, ULM, Western Kentucky, and Louisiana-Lafayette who have all lost to 1-AA teams in the past 10 years, but perhaps MTSU fans have little tolerance for it. Being hung up on one season is not a good idea. tThat team they lost to 1-AA McNeese with star RB Ben Cunningham only later beat Troy State without him. Think about that since your hung up on one year. I wish BYU would schedule Troy. Easy win for "Tradition, Spirit, Honor.". Instead, Middle Tennessee will make for a better opponent over the next two years from a more recognizable conference than the Suck Belch.

I'm sure the good MTSU and BYU fans are proud to have you around.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1d8nKpgHc11DkjnTYJc2f6Tyyjtj13 9szLqdIUlSMANeClGjvM6Kf9RMU

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Anyone with common sense could have seen Troy fumble and stumble and throw interceptions to literally give away the game last year. MTSU was handed it and won nothing.

Regardless, Troy owned MTSU for the life of their Sun Belt series.

Those "belch" teams he speaks of would own much if not all of the new CUSA (worst football conference in America).

That remains to be seen. One year does not define a legacy. As for Troy and MTSU, well things happen. Blakeney has always been a good coach. Many of MTSU's losses to Troy in those years were from lack of mental preparation as opposed to lack of talent.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-14-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm sure the good MTSU and BYU fans are proud to have you around.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1d8nKpgHc11DkjnTYJc2f6Tyyjtj13 9szLqdIUlSMANeClGjvM6Kf9RMU

Your messageboard has been a documented tirade at MTSU ever since they decided to accept an invitation to a higher profile conference. Who really is mad?

Troy87
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Your messageboard has been a documented tirade at MTSU ever since they decided to accept an invitation to a higher profile conference. Who really is mad?

MTSU's invitation and subsequent acceptance of a move to CUSA has no relevance to the way this board collectively "feels" about MTSU.

MTSU's AD and fans are the ones who threw a temper tantrum when they didn't get picked for a bowl this season after having their game against Troy handed to them on a silver platter, and then getting beaten like a drum by Ark St.

There is some incredulity that any of the four former Sun Belt teams were chosen by CUSA. They have poor records, poor attendance, and no tradition. Their "claim to fame" is they are in big markets. What that does for the conference is beyond reasoning, since CUSA will be promoting teams that don't offer mcuh to the public interest.

Hemi Man
02-14-2013, 01:09 PM

Judging by the terms you used in your posts its obvious you are the angry one. Just to clarify for you Troy fans have been making fun of MTSU for several years. Now it will be between MTSU and UAB to see who can show the most aluminium on TV. That may end up too close to call.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-14-2013, 01:10 PM
MTSU's invitation and subsequent acceptance of a move to CUSA has no relevance to the way this board collectively "feels" about MTSU.

MTSU's AD and fans are the ones who threw a temper tantrum when they didn't get picked for a bowl this season after having their game against Troy handed to them on a silver platter, and then getting beaten like a drum by Ark St.

There is some incredulity that any of the four former Sun Belt teams were chosen by CUSA. They have poor records, poor attendance, and no tradition. Their "claim to fame" is they are in big markets. What that does for the conference is beyond reasoning, since CUSA will be promoting teams that don't offer mcuh to the public interest.

Poor records, poor attendance, and no tradition? If that's the case even for 100+ year-old programs like MTSU and UNT, both who have sported 10-win seasons at some point in their history and have averaged fan attendances larger than what Troy State did this past season, then I suppose poor records, poor attendance, and no tradition must also be true for Troy State.

No doubt MTSU handed Troy State many football wins on a silver platter like in 2005, 2006, and 2011. See, I can play that card too. It works both ways. One thing is certain. Without MTSU, Troy would've never seen the Sun Belt as early as it did. MTSU was your biggest supporter for addition where others wanted schools in Texas.

TrojanFanatic
02-14-2013, 02:07 PM
And that turned around and bit 'em in the arse.

MTSU has been an aluminium sellout for the past few years, "had a ten year season in at least one season out of 100+ years" that's great, what happened to the other 99? Recent history is what matters, ask Notre Dame if you don't believe me. Not one fan cares about how Troy won a National Championship in D. II except the people that were fans and players at the time. RECENT history is what matters, and recently, MTSU has sucked in football.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
And that turned around and bit 'em in the arse.

MTSU has been an aluminium sellout for the past few years, "had a ten year season in at least one season out of 100+ years" that's great, what happened to the other 99? Recent history is what matters, ask Notre Dame if you don't believe me. Not one fan cares about how Troy won a National Championship in D. II except the people that were fans and players at the time. RECENT history is what matters, and recently, MTSU has sucked in football.

Well, if 8-4 with a blowout win over 7-6 Georgia Tech accounts as "suck," then it must be much worse for a team with two straight losing seasons and a loss to the worst team Tennessee has fielded in the history of its program.

flockofoscars
02-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Well, if 8-4 with a blowout win over 7-6 Georgia Tech accounts as "suck," then it must be much worse for a team with two straight losing seasons and a loss to the worst team Tennessee has fielded in the history of its program.

Hey bro. What ya doing getting all defensive? MTSU has been Troy's little sister for years now and is going to a conference who has crappier football then the Sun Belt. Ive been to MTSU because I know a girl who goes there. Its not in the same league as Troy's campus. Yall beat GT and that was a good win but they are no better than Navy who we destroyed... So go on someone else's board to throw a temper tantrum and talk crap to a school that you can beat more than once in 8 years. :signs003:

TrojanFanatic
02-14-2013, 05:41 PM

You're talking about the same team that lost to a FCS school in the beginning of the season, right? One win doesn't mean anything to me. MTSU went 8-4 and STILL got left out of a bowl when bowls were begging teams to qualify. Have fun and don't burn your butt on the aluminium during opening day

Doug4Troy
02-14-2013, 06:27 PM
I think Tennessee Boy needs a nap... will you guys please stop being mean to him.

Doug4Troy
02-14-2013, 06:40 PM
There is some incredulity that any of the four former Sun Belt teams were chosen by CUSA. They have poor records, poor attendance, and no tradition.

Must disagree. I believe MTSU has a fine tradition in football. Why, just recently, they were able to string no less than 6 consecutive losses to a conference opponent together. That, is quite a tradition in my opinion.

Their "claim to fame" is they are in big markets. What that does for the conference is beyond reasoning...

What, come on now. They abosolutely OWN that Nashville market. I mean, it's not like Nashville has another high profile school in the state to get behind...or a local team in the SEC to support. I have been to Nashville numerous times and I can plainly remember seeing a number of MT...well, wait... I am sure I saw.... Hmmm, obviously they wear their MTSU gear beneath their outerwear so that I could not see it.

Doug4Troy
02-14-2013, 06:51 PM
How great is this? We are talking smack in the basketball forum... in a women's basketball thread. Thank you Coach Rigby and the Lady Trojans!!!

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-14-2013, 06:52 PM
You're talking about the same team that lost to a FCS school in the beginning of the season, right? One win doesn't mean anything to me. MTSU went 8-4 and STILL got left out of a bowl when bowls were begging teams to qualify. Have fun and don't burn your butt on the aluminium during opening day

One win doesn't mean much, but 8 wins is a little different. MTSU was left out of a bowl because the school allowed Karl Benson to do the negotiations, who in turn undermined the school by claiming he did all in his power to land the school in a postseason game, but really his efforts were half-hearted. You bring up a good point though. Winning 8 games won't get you in the post-season as a member of the Suck Belch when only two teams automatically qualify. Now that the Big 10 has expanded and others are off post-season ban lists, you can bet you won't see Belch teams in Detroit or Shreveport in the near future. Have fun winning games, maybe go unbeaten in Belch play, and STILL never sniff the Top 25. I'm sure you can do a lot with the pittance of $50K you'll have in media rights. I'm sure MTSU will miss that compared to the $1.2 million they will get every year as a member of Conference USA.

Doug4Troy
02-14-2013, 06:55 PM
One win doesn't mean much, but 8 wins is a little different. MTSU was left out of a bowl because the school allowed Karl Benson to do the negotiations, who in turn undermined the school by claiming he did all in his power to land the school in a postseason game, but really his efforts were half-hearted. You bring up a good point though. Winning 8 games won't get you in the post-season as a member of the Suck Belch when only two teams automatically qualify. Now that the Big 10 has expanded and others are off post-season ban lists, you can bet you won't see Belch teams in Detroit or Shreveport in the near future. Have fun winning games, maybe go unbeaten in Belch play, and STILL never sniff the Top 25. I'm sure you can do a lot with the pittance of $50K you'll have in media rights. I'm sure MTSU will miss that compared to the $1.2 million they will get every year as a member of Conference USA.

kD-AXgYO0lo

Doug4Troy
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Yawn...

redwaver
02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Your attitude is a contradiction to your signature!!!:confused013:

jagd1305
02-14-2013, 08:05 PM
It's a good thing that everyone in Nashville spills out to MT to watch their sporting events. All those sell outs really make us envious of them cornering that market. Yes, I am laughing at you, TBR. Don't forget your sunglasses to those epic traditional power football games y'all play. The aluminum is blinding in the sunlight. Now if only y'all could get as many people in M'boro interested in your program as y'all have in Nashville...

P.S. Butt hurt, bro?

TrojanFanatic
02-14-2013, 09:51 PM

Haha We'll see about that. I bet Troy hits Top 25 long before MTSU ever does. SuckUSA will lost that 1.2 million to each school as soon as those new negotiations happen. I hope that they really look at those schools that they pulled and how much of their "market" actually purchases tickets, merchandise or even watches the schools. SuckUSA will be butt hurt forever more, the perfect fit for this guy and his blue pansies

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-15-2013, 04:00 AM
Haha We'll see about that. I bet Troy hits Top 25 long before MTSU ever does. SuckUSA will lost that 1.2 million to each school as soon as those new negotiations happen. I hope that they really look at those schools that they pulled and how much of their "market" actually purchases tickets, merchandise or even watches the schools. SuckUSA will be butt hurt forever more, the perfect fit for this guy and his blue pansies

Uhmmmmm. That $1.2 million per school per year actually IS the new CUSA deal without East Carolina, without Tulane, and with FAU, and with MTSU. The Belch has produced 10+ win teams a few times in its 12-year existence, and that's not good enough for the Top 25 according to the AP or coaches who vote, and as long as you play $EC teams it is unlikely you'll ever go undefeated.

TrojanFanatic
02-15-2013, 08:30 AM
That deal won't last long then, as soon as they see the product on the field. CUSA has produced how many bowl wins? How many 10+ wins? Perception is a dangerous thing, and I for one, think the perception of the Belt is changing, especially with CUSA pulling the worst teams out

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
02-15-2013, 02:18 PM
That deal won't last long then, as soon as they see the product on the field. CUSA has produced how many bowl wins? How many 10+ wins? Perception is a dangerous thing, and I for one, think the perception of the Belt is changing, especially with CUSA pulling the worst teams out

They didn't pull out ULM or Arkansas State who have produced more seasons with 4 wins or less than anyone else in the Sun Belt in the past 12 years. Those two along with FIU have the three lowest win percentages as members of the Sun Belt, so your last statement is simply your opinion which is unsubstantiated and not backed by historical fact.

newnan trojan
02-15-2013, 02:58 PM
How did this topic on football start in a basketball forum....?

Possum
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Just go away, Tennessee Boy. Thank you.

TrojanFanatic
02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
They didn't pull out ULM or Arkansas State who have produced more seasons with 4 wins or less than anyone else in the Sun Belt in the past 12 years. Those two along with FIU have the three lowest win percentages as members of the Sun Belt, so your last statement is simply your opinion which is unsubstantiated and not backed by historical fact.

Worst meaning not the best. Who has the highest Sunbelt winning percentage? Troy, I'm assuming since we won 5 conference titles, and North Texas? Maybe, and I doubt it, MTSU? Either way, they're still picked for the market, that they don't control, and not for the team on the field, and it's STUPID BUSINESS. But, like you said, it's just my opinion.

TrojanFanatic
02-15-2013, 04:45 PM
How did this topic on football start in a basketball forum....?

It's South Alabama and baseball season hasn't started yet? :bounce012: haha

newnan trojan
02-15-2013, 05:01 PM
MTSU was the only real loss. They were the most well rounded sports school in our conference. Everyone else has been replaced and improved.

Football wise Troy is the only school to have a winning percentage over all. And the only school to have 5 bowls and 5 SBC championships.

jagd1305
02-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Hey TBR....

Butt hurt, bro?

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
03-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Hey TBR....

Butt hurt, bro?

That sound you heard last night that sounded like someone sweeping, was Middle Tennessee's men and women defeating Troy State in the new Trojan Arena on Fan Appreciation Night. That's the Troy we've come to know and love--the one that lives up to its 300+ RPI ranking.

jagd1305
03-01-2013, 07:48 AM
I thought you guys were supposed to sweep us anyway. Look at the respective records and, as you say, the RPI. Does Troy take it's basketball seriously? Many of us think not. Does Middle Thug take it seriously. Some of us here think so. Troy, despite what some of my fellow fans here may say, is only beginning to show some moderate interest in basketball. We'll see how much in the next couple of years or so. As for now, it's interesting that a school with passive concern for women's basketball has hung a big L on you guys already this season. Also fascinating is your continued bad sportsmanship in both victory as well as loss. You are truly a very little man in both soul and being. Thank the almighty you are a poster child of MT fans. There's no way anyone could confuse you for anything else other than a bottom feeder! Our loss to MT doesn't affect our final outcome in the big picture of RPI. The same cant be said for your loss to us. :)

dgoebel
03-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Doesn't look like Dino Don will get 500 this season, so we will have to endure yet another pathetic display next season. Maybe he can schedule Faulkner first game and then step down.

jagd1305
03-01-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm still an optimist. I think our possibilities in basketball are on the upswing if the right moves are made for our new facilities.

dgoebel
03-01-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm still an optimist. I think our possibilities in basketball are on the upswing if the right moves are made for our new facilities.

Those moves don't include Maestri. 5400 seat, state of the art arena and we draw 1,600 fans and a 11-20 team. We drew 1,600 to Sartain when we were DII. I guess we built the arena for concerts and graduation because it hasn't helped our basketball program this season. Time for change.

SoFlaTrojan
03-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Mods: Can we please ban this jackass? TBA. He serves no positive purpose and his useless school isn't even in our league any more.

It will be funny when MTSU doesn't win the Sun Belt tourney and then gets snubbed for the Dance. That's my hope, anyway.

dgoebel
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Mods: Can we please ban this jackass? TBA. He serves no positive purpose and his useless school isn't even in our league any more.

It will be funny when MTSU doesn't win the Sun Belt tourney and then gets snubbed for the Dance. That's my hope, anyway.

If you don't win the Sun Belt tourney there is no way you are going to the big dance. The Belt is one of the lower rated BB conferences to begin with. And yes, I would love to see the MUTS not go.

SoFlaTrojan
03-01-2013, 01:53 PM
MTSU has won 15 straight games and has an RPI of 27 or less, So, it really should go to the Dance regardless of its Sun Belt Tourney play.