PDA

View Full Version : Robbery

newnan trojan
02-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Just heard about a armed robber on campus that just happened. Saw it on twitter.

The thug attitude in campus needs to be taken care of... We need to raise our academic standards and that will resolve a lot of that mess.

goe1975
02-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Just heard about a armed robber on campus that just happened. Saw it on twitter.

The thug attitude in campus needs to be taken care of... We need to raise our academic standards and that will resolve a lot of that mess.

The suspect was a student?

Jericho Johnny
02-05-2013, 06:56 AM
I don't know that this sort of thing is entirely preventable, as you optimistically say. The best you can do is make sure the police force is professional and diligent and educate students about safety. On that latter point, I will say TROY did not have a very strong "be safe" message when I was a student.

I think part of this is just the growing pains of being a bigger school. I don't know of any large university that doesn't have the occasional violent crime. Here in Tallahassee, at FAMU and FSU there have been a few sexual assaults widely reported, but mostly it seems that unsuspecting students are the victims of "snatch-and-runs."

JonesOxygen
02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
The suspects could just as easily have been local people. Assuming they were students is nothing more than an assumption.

Jericho Johnny
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Yes, not an assumption I would make.

The most recent statement said that the robbery occurred outside of Alumni Hall, which is near the edge of campus and notoriously bad anyway. One year of living there was enough for me.

troy4ever
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes, not an assumption I would make.

The most recent statement said that the robbery occurred outside of Alumni Hall, which is near the edge of campus and notoriously bad anyway. One year of living there was enough for me.

I lived in Alumni for 3 semesters and most of the time I was afraid to even go out in the parking lot at night. And that was in 2000-2001. It was a dump then and an even bigger dump now.

goe1975
02-05-2013, 01:39 PM
The suspects could just as easily have been local people. Assuming they were students is nothing more than an assumption.

I automatically assumed they were "locals" based on all of the robberies and break-ins in Troy.

Jericho Johnny
02-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I lived in Alumni for 3 semesters and most of the time I was afraid to even go out in the parking lot at night. And that was in 2000-2001. It was a dump then and an even bigger dump now.

When I lived there I was too stupid to be afraid. Used to sit out on the stoop at night with all the hoodlums.

It's really a shame they make so many students live in those kind of conditions. For a lot of us on financial aid it was the default male dorm. I lived off campus after that first year. Kind of soured on dorms...

goe1975
02-11-2013, 06:42 AM
http://www.troymessenger.com/2013/02/08/police-arrest-teen-robbers/

Jericho Johnny
02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Good grief. a 14 year old! Story doesn't say how the old the two others might be.

goe1975
02-14-2013, 08:23 AM
http://www.troymessenger.com/2013/02/13/university-student-arrested-in-armed-robbery/