PDA

View Full Version : #13

Rette
11-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I noticed a guy in a #13 jersey on the sideline standing with Joel Whinghter. Was this Jason Grant?
How is Jason coming along?

CattouseFan
11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
#13 is Jason Grant.

Big Time Football
11-07-2005, 12:14 PM
The #13 standing on the sidelines was not Jason Grant. I met him in person for the first time this weekend before the game. Saturday night I met several of the other players as well. I've observed Jason and others from a distance at a couple of practices.

I asked Jason (during the tailgating) why he wasn't with the team and he said he does not like to stand on the sidelines during the game because it is difficult to see the game. So he sits in the stands. So, the guy (I saw him too) wearing the jersey was one of the other redshirted players. Jason is redshirted as well.

Interesting kid. Great size, very well spoken, very well mannered, and very upbeat. He thinks a lot of LB. I asked him how he felt things were going for the team and for him. He said the team is very young with some very talented players. Feels they are going to be very good in the coming years. Just struggling with the inexperience. He is happy with his progress and feels extremely confident for the future. Said he got off to a shaky start with his footwork and didn't blame MF for it. Running the scout team against the first team defense has provided him with great experience for speed of the game, for decision making, and for throws. He said it will be an interesting Spring.

I asked Jason what he thought would really add to the offense and he said running a bonifide option at several points in the game. He said it will stretch the defense East-West, force them to put more in the box to defend it, and open up the passing lanes. His, what I thought were very insightful, comments were we need to take what they give us at different points of the game. If they crowd the box to stop the run or option, then throw out wide and intermediate. When they began to honor the pass, run the option. When they begin to defend the option, run it up the gut or throw. Jason said they have this in their offense, it will take some time for the team to mature to it and develop the experience to see how the opposing defense responds and how to counter it.

When I asked him about Meadows, Dockery, Foster, Callahan, he, like a class act, said all of them are great people and good QBs. In his words, I'm proud to be their teammate.

Nice Trojan
11-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Awesome report. Where do you run into these players? I never meet anyone. I just tailgate, go to the game, tailgate some more and go back to the hotel. I guess I need to get out more and take advantage of time in Troy.

ksdtrojan
11-07-2005, 02:06 PM
I like Jason Grant! I've never met him or talked to him but something tells me this guy is going to show Trojan Fans how the QB position is supposed to be played. Just call it a gut feeling.

D1Trojan4U
11-07-2005, 02:30 PM
ksd....that sounds like a gut feeling to me.

bulldogtrojan
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
No. 13 in jeans on the sideline is Nathan Nolen from Graceville, FL and is a walk-on. He will more than likely play on defense and special teams next year. He's an outstanding young man with straight A's.

Rette
11-07-2005, 02:55 PM
ksdtrojan said:

I like Jason Grant! I've never met him or talked to him but something tells me this guy is going to show Trojan Fans how the QB position is supposed to be played. Just call it a gut feeling.
================================================== ===
I agree! I have never met him, but I like Jason Grant also. My wife and I ran across his mother at breakfast, before the UAB game. She is also a class act. Very nice lady. ksd I also get that gut feeling about Jason and his family. I think Troy and Troy football will benefit from Jason being on campus.

Rette
11-07-2005, 05:51 PM
The reason I originally started this thread was because I noticed the guy wearing #13 in blue jeans on the side line. What caught my eye was first, I thought it was Jason Grant because he was wearing #13. Secondly I noticed his size and build. If this was Nathan Nolen as reported earlier, he is listed as #19 in the program. He is listed as 6-0 205. I notice that Jason is listed as 6-3 205. It would appear that the team of the future will be bigger. I hope in this case bigger is indeed better.

Trojanman
11-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Now threads like this are what makes this site so valuable. Thanks for the great reporting! :D

Big Time Football
11-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Nice Trojan,

I met these kids and players by walking around campus to the different tailgating parties the students had going. Most of them are more than willing to chat about all kinds of things. I just happened to notice Jason from across the way from having seen him at practice and his picture on the Troy Football website.

Saturday night I went to the Front Porch and met a bunch of the football players there. Good bunch of kids.

By the way Rette, Jason is now 212 pounds. I was asking him about his size. The weightlifting program has put some good beef on him. I asked him if it was hurting his speed at all. He said not at all. Jason stated he may be even faster for the first three steps now from the weightlifting. He also said Julian Foster has put on about 8 pounds as well.

tgrad8384
11-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Saturday night I went to the Front Porch and met a bunch of the football players there. Good bunch of kids.

No way in Trojan athletes were at the porch! Come on!

Rette
11-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Big Time Football

Where is the Front Porch Located??

Sarahbelle
11-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I was at The Front Porch Saturday night.

That DJ must have been related to MF.

Big Time Football
11-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Ha Sarahbelle,

That is good. It was a little lame from that standpoint.

Can you give Rette the street names to get to the Front Porch. I can only remember by landmarks. I can't remember the street names.

Sarahbelle
11-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Its on Madison St, just down from Three Notch.

TrojanEmpire
11-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Front Porch. But for my money, the place to go was Harveys over on 3 Notch.

Sarahbelle
11-08-2005, 12:13 PM

I was told Harveys is closed...again.

TrojanEmpire
11-08-2005, 12:19 PM

I was told Harveys is closed...again.

Awwwww mannnnnn! Boooooooooo!

Lord-Mustang
11-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Harvey's IS closed and being renovated into...well...let's say a "Different" kind of club. Front Porch and Cheers is the places to go now. Cheers is still located where is used to be, out by Wiley Sanders Lead Plant.

Sarahbelle
11-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Harvey's IS closed and being renovated into...well...let's say a "Different" kind of club.

X's and O's II?

littlebittyschool
11-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Like The Plex or Hojohns in Montgomery? (Old school)