PDA

View Full Version : Ath Jalen Harris commits

tenaciousT
01-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Northview HS (Dothan) QB commits to Troy.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/861/719/4_719861.jpg
rivals- 2*
6'1 185lbs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/football/recruiting/player-Jalen-Harris-130787

Looks like he will be a reciever per tweet from FSU beat writer:
Michael Langston‏@MichaelWarchant
Jalen Harris got the offer from #Troy this morning and he will be a slot receiver there. Great kid that I'm very excited for. Hard worker.

tenaciousT
01-14-2013, 06:23 PM
CkxAGOllyLQ

Running highlights (as opposed to passing hightlights) start a little after 3:30

Doug4Troy
01-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Northview QB Jalen Harris Commits to Troy

By Matt Harris
Posted: Mon 3:55 PM, Jan 14, 2013

DOTHAN)-- After a final recruiting visit this past weekend to The Citadel, Northview standout quarterback Jalen Harris made his college decision. Harris will attend Troy University.

Harris becomes the third area football player to commit to Troy. A three-year starter for the Cougars Harris accumulated 2,018 passing yards, 1,032 rushing yards, 29 TD's and six interceptions over his career.

Harris verbally committed to the Trojans on Monday and will play slot receiver in college...

Complete story: http://www.wtvy.com/sports/headlines/Northview-QB-Jalen-Harris-Commits-to-Troy-186851532.html

Possum
01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Looks like another Jerrell Jernigan... Good, we needed an impact player like him.

dgoebel
01-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Might play some QB. I am SOLD on the dual threat QB in the spread. Worse case he gives us a true wildcat package with the threat to throw. He is not a great passer but he gets the job done.

Navarre Trojan
01-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Might play some QB. I am SOLD on the dual threat QB in the spread. Worse case he gives us a true wildcat package with the threat to throw. He is not a great passer but he gets the job done.

So what do you do with Deon Anthony????? Set him down for his senior year? He IS FAST AND QUICK and can throw.

I still believe, if we can get him back, that our QB for 2014 and 2015 is Luke Barnes. However, thw way he shattered records this year in Juco, we may not have a shot at him.

dgoebel
01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
So what do you do with Deon Anthony????? Set him down for his senior year? He IS FAST AND QUICK and can throw.

I still believe, if we can get him back, that our QB for 2014 and 2015 is Luke Barnes. However, thw way he shattered records this year in Juco, we may not have a shot at him.

#1 If he is good enough to beat out Deon in the fall then we have a STUD!!!
#2 I was refering to down the road. Very few play as true freshman, but he might at reciever next year. Just think about Deon and him lined up side by side in the gun?? Would that make the D Nervous.

I agree with you that I would like to get Barnes back, don't know if that will happen. If not then the future is going to be Silvers IMO unless we recruit another QB. I would like to see Anthony play more. He makes things happen when he is in. The dual threat is the way to run the spread. TF agreed and that is why you always see that type of QB on his teams.

Navarre Trojan
01-16-2013, 06:44 PM
#1 If he is good enough to beat out Deon in the fall then we have a STUD!!!
#2 I was refering to down the road. Very few play as true freshman, but he might at reciever next year. Just think about Deon and him lined up side by side in the gun?? Would that make the D Nervous.

I agree with you that I would like to get Barnes back, don't know if that will happen. If not then the future is going to be Silvers IMO unless we recruit another QB. I would like to see Anthony play more. He makes things happen when he is in. The dual threat is the way to run the spread. TF agreed and that is why you always see that type of QB on his teams.

Couldn't agree more! I would like to see that twosome lined up side by side!

redwave
01-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Couldn't agree more! I would like to see that twosome lined up side by side!

What about the tall QB! Dallas Tidwell!

TrojanFanatic
01-17-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm with them, a pocket passer is great, but we really need a mobile QB in our offense. If Tidwell can run, put him in! Corey's a great QB but the possibility of Deon running always seemed to open more options for our offense. If Deon built up his arm in the off season, Corey may have a good run for his money! IMO