PDA

View Full Version : One on One with Corey Silcox

CattouseFan
11-06-2005, 09:00 PM
A special thanks goes out to Corey for answering my questions.

Q. What schools are currently drawing the most interest from you?

A.Troy, Southern Miss, OkSt, and Iowa.

Q.What do you like most about each of those schools?

A.Them being so family oriented.

Q. What do you want to study in college?

A. Elementary Education

Q. Do you think you will verbally commit to a college before February?

A.I will probally commit in 2-3 weeks.

Q. You said you talked to Philip Ashley during the Troy game, do you know what his impressions of the school are?

A. He said he likes the facilities and the staff. He would be a great pickup. If I commit to Troy, I would do my best to bring him with me. A good all around kid.

Q. Do you plan on visiting any other schools in the near future?

A. Probally not, ive seen everything I need to see.

Q. What position do you want to play in college and what positions have the
coaches at Troy talked to you about playing?

A. I want to play either S or LB. But I will play anything the team wants me to play. College football has always been a dream of mine. Troy wants me as a LB.

Q. How well have you gotten to know the coaches at Troy?

A. Ive gotton to know Coach Waldrop very well. Hes a great guy. Im sure the rest of the staff is the same.

Q. What are your statistics like this year?

A. Through 10 games.

125 tackles
4 ints
4 forced fumbles
10 pass breakups

TrojanWar
11-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Excellent! Thanks to Cattouse for the questions and thanks to Corey for taking the time to answer for us all. I'm feeling great about our future!

Trojan2003
11-07-2005, 04:57 AM
Cattouse, you should do this for a living!

ksdtrojan
11-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Cattouse, you should do this for a living!

Yes you really should. I have been longing for info like you get and post. Thanks for all you are doing!

CattouseFan
11-07-2005, 09:35 AM
It is something I would love to do. I have thought some about it but it is nearly impossible to get rivals or scout to return an email. I could just do it on my own, but it is not easy doing this sort of thing in Indiana.

BMarkey
11-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys.

Nice to hear about you, Corey. I hope you join the Trojan Nation!

TUTrojan
11-07-2005, 05:08 PM
First Cattouse- they should change the name of this section to CattouseFan's Recruiting. You are the man!

I was extremely impressed with Mr. Silcox's video found on a previous thread. He appears to be playmaker that will definitely have an impact on the outcome of a ballgame! He was awesome in every phase of the game shown on that clip, including offense!

However, as good as he looked on field, I am more impressed with his character shown here. Guys like this are a rare commodity in this day and age.

I really hope we land this guy, but no matter what decision he makes for his future, I wish him the best down the road. Thanks for considering Troy!

kiwan
11-07-2005, 05:13 PM
The CattouseFan Recruiting Forum

CattouseFan
11-07-2005, 05:18 PM
It has a nice ring to it doesn't it. :lol:

CoreySilcox34
11-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey guys, I appreciate all the great comments yall have. Most of the people on message boards just want to bash kids. Cattouse is a good guy. Ive been interviewed by Rivals and floridakids.net and you can pretty much tell they just want to hear junk. Its nice to meet up with people who who just want to talk football. Just wondering if you guys think there is anything I need to work on.

CattouseFan
11-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Just focus on this Friday's game against South Walton. Good luck!

CoreySilcox34
11-12-2005, 04:06 PM
We won 40-0.

I had 22 tackles, 2 carries for 40 yards and 69 punt return yards.

CattouseFan
11-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Very impressive. Good luck next week.