1. ULM 3-1
2. ASU 3-2
2. ULL 3-2
2. Troy 3-2
5. NT 2-2
5. MTSU 2-2
7. FIU 1-3
8. FAU 1-4

We HAVE to take care of business against ASU and MTSU. We have the head-to-head tiebreaker against NT.

We NEED ULL to lose one because they have the head-to-head tiebreaker against us. They have FIU & ULM left. They have to lose the ULM game or season is over for us.

We NEED ULM to lose twice because they also have the head-to-head tiebreaker against us. They have MTSU, ULL, & NT left in the season. We need them to lose to both MTSU & NT, but beat ULL. Otherwise, the season is over for us.

At this point, anything could happen. 8)

littlebittyschool
11-06-2005, 08:40 AM
If ULM loses just one more time, they will have a losing record for the year. Even though they beat us, if we finish 6-5 and they finish 5-6, I'm assuming we'll go to the bowl.

All we need is ULL to lose once and ULM to lose once (and for us to win out of course) and we take this ultra-young team of ours to a second bowl game in as many years. Going to the bowl and winning the conference is just the icing on the cake. The real prize is the extra exposure, the extra recruiting, and the extra practice time we'll get.

Of course, we need to take care of buisness in Jonesboro and keep the Palladium at home. MTSU is playing well. Not sure what happened to Arky State, but they've gone in the tank. I for one really want to win the Arky State game. I'm not sure what some of their posters problem on the Sunbelt's boards are, but they really don't give Troy much credit at all.

tsugrad89
11-06-2005, 01:20 PM
win out, hope ULM loses to MT and ULL and hope FIU pulls out a victory next week over ULL

yeah, I know, hell has to freeze over, but stranger things have happened

D1Trojan4U
11-06-2005, 03:24 PM
I believe that if the conference champion has a losing overall record- and the second place team has a winning record- then it is the bowl's decision as to who they will take. Seeing as the game is being played in Lousiana- I believe they would take the team that is so close geographically in order to make more money.

Troy87
11-06-2005, 03:54 PM
This whole discussion wouldn't even be taking place if the game against ULL had been called correctly. Our OC/"Punter" called boneheaded plays in OT. But then again, if the FG in regulation had been made, OT would have been unnecessary.

ThePowerMan
11-06-2005, 04:31 PM
I thought teams with Losing records were ineligible for bowls. A 5-6 team cannot go.

Trojans1andAll
11-06-2005, 04:59 PM
I thought teams with Losing records were ineligible for bowls. A 5-6 team cannot go.

Bowl committees are allowed to make exceptions for conference champions. UNT did it their first year in the Sun Belt when they lost the last game of the season to us.

GO TROJANS!

TroyPremier
11-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Bowl committees are allowed to make exceptions for conference champions. UNT did it their first year in the Sun Belt when they lost the last game of the season to us.

GO TROJANS!

Correct Trojans1andAll. Thus, the reason for the scenarios that I mentioned above that have to take place. If ULL does not lose to ULM, and overall records do not count against the conference champs, ULL will have the head-to-head tiebreaker against us will be name the champs and have an end of the season home "bowl" game.

CattouseFan
11-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Collegefootballnews.com is predicting Troy to go to the New Orleans Bowl against Houston.

http://www.cfbnews.com/2005/Bowls/Bowl_Projections.htm

CattouseFan
11-07-2005, 10:45 AM
CBS sportsline has

MTSU vs. UCF

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

BMarkey
11-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Man, would I be ecstatic to face UCF in any game.

Who do I root for this week - UCF or UAB? :)

Come on Troy - win out!

troy4ever
11-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I want so bad to face UCF in the bowl game!!!

btrojan
11-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Tommy: If by some chance the Sun Belt champion were to finish with fewer than 6 wins, would they still be invited to the Wyndham New Orleans Bowl?

Commissioner Waters: Not if another team in the league had 6 wins.

TUTrojan
11-07-2005, 01:32 PM
We got manhandled by La-Monroe and gave one to La-Lafayette. Too many things would have to go right, including us winning a game at Arkansas State, to even be back in the hunt. I hate to sound negative, but I am not going to get too excited about our chances.

We almost gave another one away Saturday... How come we played so bad in the first half of the last two games only to play up to our potential late? We seem to just go through the motions like we did against UAB and not make any adjustments until too late (if at all)...

I am so frustrated because we have the talent to be good now... Our team has only played up to it's true potential for a couple of sporadic plays this year. We have used "young and inexperienced" as an excuse (like we do every year) entirely too much.

ksdtrojan
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM

Come on Troy - win out!

I would love a game against UCF or UAB but somehow UAB sound better to me because of how they gave us no credit earlier this season and talked about how their team was so much better than Troy only to fall apart in the last few weeks. Redemption would be nice! :twisted:

Trojanman
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Naaahhhh....... any opportunity to play UCF would be fantastic.

nasupporter
11-07-2005, 10:14 PM

Come on Troy - win out!

I would love a game against UCF or UAB but somehow UAB sound better to me because of how they gave us no credit earlier this season and talked about how their team was so much better than Troy only to fall apart in the last few weeks. Redemption would be nice! :twisted:

I thought uab was gonna play in the ROSE BOWL this year? ,,,, According to some of their fans they had the best QB in the Country and certainly the best team in this state! I would like to see a rematch with uab,, win or lose it would be humilating for those over inflated egos. GO TROJANS !

CattouseFan
11-07-2005, 10:16 PM
It would be sweet if Troy ended up going to a bowl this year and UAB did not. :D

ksdtrojan
11-08-2005, 08:10 AM
It would be sweet if Troy ended up going to a bowl this year and UAB did not. :D

This is true too! I would laugh if they didn't make a bowl and Troy did. That would be better than beating them.

Troy87
11-08-2005, 06:12 PM
UAB might be a nice re-match, but then we would have to put up with dfarr and blazersax again.

Zeebart21
11-08-2005, 07:59 PM
We got manhandled by La-Monroe and gave one to La-Lafayette. Too many things would have to go right, including us winning a game at Arkansas State, to even be back in the hunt. I hate to sound negative, but I am not going to get too excited about our chances.

We almost gave another one away Saturday... How come we played so bad in the first half of the last two games only to play up to our potential late? We seem to just go through the motions like we did against UAB and not make any adjustments until too late (if at all)...

I am so frustrated because we have the talent to be good now... Our team has only played up to it's true potential for a couple of sporadic plays this year. We have used "young and inexperienced" as an excuse (like we do every year) entirely too much.

UL up 20-0 late in the 3rd....trust me, if there was any "giving" it was us to you guys...

accept the beating..

bulldogtrojan
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Is it me or do some of the posters (posers) from other teams have screen names that come from the Planet Vulcan or off the Power Rangers show (Zeebart or DFARR)?

And no, not even beating UAB in a bowl game would make up for that loss. It would be great, but that still hurts.

TroyPremier
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
I suppose ULM "gave" the game to FIU also...?? :lol:

If you guys don't get something in order you're in for a long last few weeks of the season and the Sun Belt will witness the quickest drop from the top in the history of the football conference.

Zeebart21
11-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I suppose ULM "gave" the game to FIU also...?? :lol:

If you guys don't get something in order you're in for a long last few weeks of the season and the Sun Belt will witness the quickest drop from the top in the history of the football conference.

Dude, check yourself... I am a UL fan, not nlulm@littlerock....

you could have said anything to me, anything...just dont label me as an ulm'r..

Go Cajuns.

PS cany wait to blow your doors off in basketball...the word ugly comes to mind.. :)

TroyPremier
11-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I stand corrected.......it is difficult for me to keep up with you guys..... :wink:

D1Trojan4U
11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Ugly like your mom or ugly like your sister?