PDA

View Full Version : Where credit's due

TUFAN
11-05-2005, 10:05 PM
We finally put together a good offensive half. - Actually that's two weeks in a row. Now, putting together a good offensive GAME, for 60 minutes the balance of the season, and the heat might let up on Fleetwood.
That was the best passing performance in 3 years.

TrojanWar
11-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Fleetwood still has to go. I know we had a good day, but I thought he made some bone-headed calls at key points in the game. Nothing good can come from keeping him on this staff.

I think Foster has more to do with us making plays all of a sudden. He is making some freshman mistakes, but all-in-all he is doing an excellent job. He is able to make big plays just when it looks like we are toast.

Bubba the Trojan
11-06-2005, 07:21 AM
Though he made some mistakes, Foster played a great game and displayed a lot of maturity and on field vision. On the last touchdown play, he scrambled, approached the line of scrimmage, then paused and backed away, giving the receiver time to shake the coverage. We've watched opposing QBs do this to us many times,in fact Embick did it the entire game, but I don't remember the last time I saw our QB do something like that.

I also saw him display his leadership. After the first TD, he came over to the bench and thanked each offensive lineman personally for their efforts, shaking hands and slapping pads. Nice to know the freshman understands how important protection is for his success. Now if he can just learn to throw the ball away at appropriate times.

Nice Trojan
11-06-2005, 02:50 PM
I think we played 2 separate games yesterday. The first half was our usual lack of offense and creativity. From where we were sitting we saw how fast our receivers were compared to that #22 Cornerback for them. In the second half someone finally told Fleetwood, because I am sure he didn't come up with the idea to three three consecutive deep balls on the slow CB.

I was disappointed and yelling and cursing as usual, but I calmed down the 2nd half and actually enjoyed the game.

Great momentum for Foster to have to carry threw the last two games. I hope he continues his great playing for the rest of the season.

ThePowerMan
11-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I saw L.B., doing what seemed to be, making many of the calls Saturday. Whatever he was doing was VERY involved in alot of the situations. I have questioned why he hasn't done that from the beginning. He was a offensive mind at Auburn before coming to Troy (not saying that Auburn was a offensive powerhouse).

ksdtrojan
11-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Fleetwood still has to go. I know we had a good day, but I thought he made some bone-headed calls at key points in the game. Nothing good can come from keeping him on this staff.

I think Foster has more to do with us making plays all of a sudden. He is making some freshman mistakes, but all-in-all he is doing an excellent job. He is able to make big plays just when it looks like we are toast.

Don't give any of the credit to Fleetwood. He must go! Blakeney had to be making most of the calls.

tgrad8384
11-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Good QB play makes even bad coordinators look good. Bad QB play makes even good coordinators look bad. I think we've seen both scenarios in the time that MF has been back at Troy. When the QB gets the system and can execute it, the coordinator has many more options in his game plan. Looks to me like Foster has the athleticism and ability similar to DT and the mind to run the offense like Nutter. My guess is that LB gives MF some more time, and I do not disagree at this point.

Now, everyone flame away. I know it's coming...

TrojanWar
11-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Now, everyone flame away. I know it's coming...

You asked for it!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

FRED_of_TROY
11-08-2005, 10:32 AM
tgrad....You bring up some excellent points. BUT i just don't think that those excuse the RIDICULOUS calls that he has made at points. For example, having a running game that has worked for several straight plays and then getting to in the red zone and passing for three and gaining nothing. I think he needs to go.

TrojanWar
11-08-2005, 10:50 AM
When will we stop running the FB on 1st and 10 at mid-field? What, is he going to break free and out run everybody? That play has worked maybe twice all year, and we run it several times a game. I could go on and on about stupid plays MF calls every single game. Seriously, he is getting credit for the FAU game? How many of you didn't see the mismatch against the DB starting in the first quarter? It took half way through the third quarter before we took advantage of this. Once FAU adjusted, they left the other side thin. They didn't have enough depth in the backfield.

Nice Trojan
11-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Or running up the gut on 3rd and 24.

Or running it for 5-8 yards per carry and then changing it up to throw once we get in the red zone.

Or running a trick play after we were having a successful drive in the Bowl game. (sorry will never forgive him for that one)

I don't know if he was responsible for changing up the offense in the 2nd half, but I still give him zero credit.

He may not have to leave Troy, but he has got to go as far as being the OC. (that would be the politically correct way of saying it)

D1Trojan4U
11-08-2005, 01:02 PM
and the mind to run the offense like Nutter.

Seriously folks....when did Nutter run an offense? I'll give him credit for doing so before giving any to Fleetwood- but I've never understood why everyone thinks so highly of BM....I mean...BN.

bulldogtrojan
11-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry - one half of good play-calling (and are we sure that it was MF calling the plays?) does not wipe out or compensate for 3+ years of inconsistent and almost non-exsistent offensive production. What about the calls in the OT situation last week - I know enough to try to get your kicker in the best spot for his attempt. If you look back over the last few years - everytime we struggle we change QB's. Is it them or is it MF?