View Full Version : North Texas - 01/03/2013

Lego
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
North Texas - 76
Troy - 59

Overall: 5-10
Conference: 0-4
- 16 games left.

We are shooting terrible, need to get hot and hopefully finish at .500 and make a run in SB tournament.

Troy87
01-04-2013, 07:00 AM
North Texas - 76
Troy - 59

Overall: 5-10
Conference: 0-4
- 16 games left.

We are shooting terrible, need to get hot and hopefully finish at .500 and make a run in SB tournament.

Not likely to happen this season.

Coach Rigby is a great coach and recruiter, but she inherited a team of players with a lot of heart, who are trying mightily, but they aren't the type players she needs to have the success her teams typically have. Once she gets another recruiting class of her type players, we'll begin to see the success we expect from her, but it's going to take at least one more recruiting class.

Lego
01-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Not likely to happen this season.

Coach Rigby is a great coach and recruiter, but she inherited a team of players with a lot of heart, who are trying mightily, but they aren't the type players she needs to have the success her teams typically have. Once she gets another recruiting class of her type players, we'll begin to see the success we expect from her, but it's going to take at least one more recruiting class.

You lost me Troy87. The men played last night and lost to North Texas.

dgoebel
01-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Hopefully Maestri retires after the season. The game has passed him by and he is the worst recruiter I have ever seen. I agree with Troy87 on Rigsby. She doesn't have the personel yet to run her offense. She is an aggresive recruiter and she will get some HS players along with some juco players. Once she gets the players she needs, we can expect some great things.

Troy87
01-04-2013, 12:27 PM
You lost me Troy87. The men played last night and lost to North Texas.

Thought you were talking about the Women's game the night before. I hadn't yet checked the Men's results, which based on your comment, wasn't much different.

Troy87
01-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Hopefully Maestri retires after the season. The game has passed him by and he is the worst recruiter I have ever seen. I agree with Troy87 on Rigsby. She doesn't have the personel yet to run her offense. She is an aggresive recruiter and she will get some HS players along with some juco players. Once she gets the players she needs, we can expect some great things.

She will get some good HS players, but I believe she will pull some girls from the Panhandle Conference to Troy too. The Panhandle Conference is the best JUCO Conference for Basketball in the country. She knows the league, and she will go get the talent to come to Troy.

Which, if Maestri was insistent on getting JUCO players, I never understood why he didn't recruit the Panhandle Conference more.

newnan trojan
01-04-2013, 01:55 PM
we are going to lose every game left on our schedule.

But I bet Maestri will still have a job after a 5-26 season...

Troy87
01-04-2013, 02:22 PM
we are going to lose every game left on our schedule.

But I bet Maestri will still have a job after a 5-26 season...

:signs029: I'll take that bet.

Navarre Trojan
01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
:signs029: I'll take that bet.

ME TOO, I good for a "Hundie" on that!!!!:signs018: