PDA

View Full Version : Fire Maestri

newnan trojan
12-28-2012, 07:30 PM
That is all. What a joke

dgoebel
12-28-2012, 10:14 PM
That is all. What a joke

I agree. Way past his time, the game has past him by. Possibly the worst recruiter in d1 history. Refuses to recruit a hs player. He has run the basketball program into the ground. We have to get a young, aggressive coach who can recruit a hs player and who can coach. He is in the hall of fame and has been loyal to Troy but he is not bigger than the school

CHughes1102
12-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Saying that he is a joke would be too much of an understatement.

TrojanFanatic
12-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Careful, this thread is going to offend someone

newnan trojan
12-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Careful, this thread is going to offend someone

I hope so...I want to know if theres ANYONE out there that support this joker? Please explain yourself.

If he were at anywhere else maybe except ULM he would have been fired a while back!

Hell USA just fired their coach after a 5-5 start and he made it into their hall of fame.

Possum
12-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I hope so...I want to know if theres ANYONE out there that support this joker? Please explain yourself.

If he were at anywhere else maybe except ULM he would have been fired a while back!

Hell USA just fired their coach after a 5-5 start and he made it into their hall of fame.

Hemi, here's your que....

dgoebel
12-29-2012, 05:27 PM

Once you coach at Troy past...say 10 years, you have a job for life. Doesn't matter that you can't recruit, can't win or can't coach. You leave when you are good and ready. By this time with Maestri we will have a team of all juco transfers, 7/8 of them guards and we will be the bottow feeders of the sun belt and one of the worst if not the worst D1 basketball team in the country. I am afraid Troy is settling for mediocrity. We can say we are D1, doesn't matter if we win or not.

Hemi Man
12-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Hemi, here's your que....

I'm a Troy fan. I will not drop my support because of failure.

Is that what you were looking for?

Once you coach at Troy past...say 10 years, you have a job for life. Doesn't matter that you can't recruit, can't win or can't coach. You leave when you are good and ready. By this time with Maestri we will have a team of all juco transfers, 7/8 of them guards and we will be the bottow feeders of the sun belt and one of the worst if not the worst D1 basketball team in the country. I am afraid Troy is settling for mediocrity. We can say we are D1, doesn't matter if we win or not.

I swear it sounds like you are describing a family owned used car dealership.

Troy87
12-30-2012, 07:31 AM
I may not support Coach Maestri to be the Men's Basketball coach after this season, but what he means to Troy is immeasurable. From his past accomplishments and service, to what he does for the student athletes today, to what he can still do for the University in the future, is very important.

I want to emphasize this last piece as still very important. What Coach Maestri can to for Troy once he leaves the floor as a coach, is be a tremendous ambassador for the University, and raise funds along the way. Make no mistake about his ability to talk to the right people and get them interested in being a partner for the University. This is an area I may have slighted him in the past, but I have been provided information that proves otherwise, and that beyond his coaching days, he can still be a valuable asset for Troy.

With that being said, take the vile and venom out of your posts and be supportive, in what is probably his final season as Troy's head coach.

newnan trojan
12-30-2012, 01:52 PM
I may not support Coach Maestri to be the Men's Basketball coach after this season, but what he means to Troy is immeasurable. From his past accomplishments and service, to what he does for the student athletes today, to what he can still do for the University in the future, is very important.

I want to emphasize this last piece as still very important. What Coach Maestri can to for Troy once he leaves the floor as a coach, is be a tremendous ambassador for the University, and raise funds along the way. Make no mistake about his ability to talk to the right people and get them interested in being a partner for the University. This is an area I may have slighted him in the past, but I have been provided information that proves otherwise, and that beyond his coaching days, he can still be a valuable asset for Troy.

With that being said, take the vile and venom out of your posts and be supportive, in what is probably his final season as Troy's head coach.

Do you know something I dont?

Troy87
12-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you know something I dont?

Do I know something? No, I don't have anyone telling me he will no longer be the HC at the end of the season, but I can assemble a few puzzle pieces to get a picture, and conculde it is likely his last season.

However, my conclusion may be incorrect. There is always the human factor that can change the result, no matter the current appearance.

newnan trojan
01-19-2013, 11:14 PM
:paperbag:

Bump...

Possum
01-20-2013, 08:35 PM
I think he's as good as gone after this season... Hartwell has proven that he has the fortitude to get rid of unsuccessful coaches.

Inside&out1234
01-28-2013, 10:25 AM
This post sure got quite when we started winning. 9-12 and 4-6 in conference. That's not to bad of a record. Considering we still have the whole month of feb to play.

Possum
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
I still think he needs to retire after this season.

CHughes1102
01-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Jax State is 14-7 and just beat Murray State.

We would lose to them.

Troy87
01-28-2013, 12:34 PM
This post sure got quite when we started winning. 9-12 and 4-6 in conference. That's not to bad of a record. Considering we still have the whole month of feb to play.

It's quiet no matter what.....it's Basketball, and we are not a Basketball school.

There are 15x as many posts in the Football section than the Basketball section.

dgoebel
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM

Almost every win has came in OT. We still are not a good BB team and we will probably finish with a losing record again and Maestri will go sign his usual juco class again and tell us how we are rebuilding. It will be refreshing if the next BB coach actually knows they play HS basketball and attempts to sign a few.

newnan trojan
02-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Bumb...

We cant win on the road. 8 of our 10 wins came at home. The 2 wins were over hapless ULM and Chatt.

WeSuck.com
02-09-2013, 01:34 PM
500 wins in 30 seasons=almost 17 wins per season...that is a record of success in near horrid conditions. And up until now why would ANY high school player come to Troy and play?

Heck, he just won the regular season title a couple of years ago - so give it a break.

At least Rowell WAS terrible and had the record to show for it.

newnan trojan
02-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Sigh.... Bump!!!!!

newnan trojan
03-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Bump...

Poor coaching cost us that game.

Trojan1stDown
03-03-2013, 08:13 AM
I was really hoping he could have gotten #500 last night, so maybe then he would feel good about moving on. We went to the game and it was looking really good in the 1st half. The 2nd half kinda reminded me of how the football team looks coming out of halftime, everybody appeared slow and just not much umph or motivation to keep to the fire burning. I guess I just always like to see guys running out of the tunnel (or field house) after halftime.
BTW, the arena is amazing! I am very proud of what they have done. Hopefully the PR/Marketing department will take advantage of some of the down time in between play next year. Maybe more contest or entertainment of some sort. You'd be amazed at how many students or regular fans would like to take a shot from half court to win $25. The $10,000 prize is awesome, but I don't know many 13 year olds that can make a shot from 3/4 court. Kinda like the football contest where they would pick a young kid to try and through the nerf football through a moving car window from 30 yards out.

dgoebel
03-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe this team can win one game in the tourney and Maestri will retire. If not, he will troll the juco's for scraps again and we will indure and even worse season next year. Time for change in BB. He is the HOF and has the court named for him, time to move on.

newnan trojan
03-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Maybe this team can win one game in the tourney and Maestri will retire. If not, he will troll the juco's for scraps again and we will indure and even worse season next year. Time for change in BB. He is the HOF and has the court named for him, time to move on.

Naming the court after him was a mistake... Why reward Mediocrity....

Hemi Man
03-03-2013, 01:18 PM

From what I'm hearing I find it highly unlikely that Maestri will be retiring.

JonesOxygen
03-03-2013, 01:48 PM
As for the court being named for him. You can argue the timing but not whether or not he was worthy. People don't understand what he did for all those years prior to the Sun belt. Once we entered the Belt, things changed quickly, facilities were the biggest difference then trickling down to players and coaches. Obviously it all goes hand in hand but for Maestri's first 20-25 years, he did as much as anyone could have ever done.

dgoebel
03-03-2013, 01:55 PM

And the hits just keep on coming. :angry013:

CHughes1102
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Apparently you can burn calories by banging your head against the wall.

Looks like I have a new weight loss plan.

newnan trojan
03-03-2013, 08:34 PM

My god!

What they hell are they waiting on?! Hello!!!!! We suck. And have been. Maestri is no D1 coach.

dgoebel
03-04-2013, 09:49 AM
My god!

What they hell are they waiting on?! Hello!!!!! We suck. And have been. Maestri is no D1 coach.

Well, at least we have a very nice place for Odysey and graduations!!

redwaver
03-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Well, at least we have a very nice place for Odysey and graduations!!
Patience my friends, with that new facility (and I saw it inside for the first time this weekend and it is UNBELIEVABLE) athletes will be lining up to come to play at Troy. Seriously, if it doesn't make this team better IMMEDIATELY then somebody has got to make some tough decisions. South Alabama was awful. They had 7 (yes, that's seven) points after we had played over half of the first half........and we were ahead.......by 8! Yep, 15-8 in a college game after almost 10 minutes of sloppy play by our opponent! We honored the Archer championship teams from the 1960's that night and I swear they could have given SoAl a better game....at their ages of 70+! Sad! This level of play should not be acceptable to anyone. Seeing the Arena offset the terrible disappointment of our play along with watching our baseball guys take 2 out of 3 from # 24 So. Miss. They could be good.....real good! Go Trojans!!!:laughing021:

dgoebel
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Patience my friends, with that new facility (and I saw it inside for the first time this weekend and it is UNBELIEVABLE) athletes will be lining up to come to play at Troy. Seriously, if it doesn't make this team better IMMEDIATELY then somebody has got to make some tough decisions. South Alabama was awful. They had 7 (yes, that's seven) points after we had played over half of the first half........and we were ahead.......by 8! Yep, 15-8 in a college game after almost 10 minutes of sloppy play by our opponent! We honored the Archer championship teams from the 1960's that night and I swear they could have given SoAl a better game....at their ages of 70+! Sad! This level of play should not be acceptable to anyone. Seeing the Arena offset the terrible disappointment of our play along with watching our baseball guys take 2 out of 3 from # 24 So. Miss. They could be good.....real good! Go Trojans!!!:laughing021:

When you name the court after him, what do you do. He has no worries about his job so this horrible basketball will continue. But help is on the way. I have pull confidence he will go sign another 5 guards from juco again for next season :angry013:

JonesOxygen
03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
How do we know naming the court after him was not part a farewell that he is included in?

redwaver
03-04-2013, 04:17 PM
We have one kid who could really be good if he had better players around him but he is a senior so there you go. Back to square one for 2014!

dgoebel
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
How do we know naming the court after him was not part a farewell that he is included in?

Hemi had mentioned that from what he is hearing, Maestri isn't going anywhere. We will continue to be awful for at least another year.

dgoebel
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
We have one kid who could really be good if he had better players around him but he is a senior so there you go. Back to square one for 2014!

That is what you get when you only sign juco's...a rebuilding job every year...of course as bad as we are, do you call it rebuilding????

redwaver
03-04-2013, 04:24 PM
IF, and that's a BIG if, he is retiring, he needs to have already announced it so a search committee could be at work and recruiting be looked at differently. He does not need to commit to players he doesn't intend to coach!!!

dgoebel
03-04-2013, 04:46 PM
IF, and that's a BIG if, he is retiring, he needs to have already announced it so a search committee could be at work and recruiting be looked at differently. He does not need to commit to players he doesn't intend to coach!!!

Do we have commits? If so they are juco. I can't ever remember us having a early hs signee.

redwaver
03-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Do we have commits? If so they are juco. I can't ever remember us having a early hs signee.
I understood he had a commitment from a Juco kid from a college I never heard of. Maybe I'm wrong......I HOPE I'm wrong!

dgoebel
03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Zero excuse for not recruiting a hs player now.

Lego
03-10-2013, 07:35 AM

Maestri retired. You heard wrong.

Hemi Man
03-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Maestri retired. You heard wrong.

:taunt003::taunt003::happy110: You are sharp. Nothing gets by you. Welcome back to GTT.