PDA

View Full Version : Troy vs ASU

Doug4Troy
12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Anyone planning to attend Troy vs ASU in Montgomery? I have an earlier appointment, but I want to squeeze it in.

Andy Smith
12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
I won't be attending, but that is going to be one great game.

Doug4Troy
12-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I won't be attending, but that is going to be one great game.

1st post, welcome!

Andy Smith
12-10-2012, 07:27 PM
1st post, welcome!

Why thank you sir!

Doug4Troy
12-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Couldn't make the game. But looks like ASU is on top 64-51 with 8 mins to go.

Doug4Troy
12-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Troy loses 74-68 :(

redwaver
12-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Troy loses 74-68 :(
Hopefully the new arena will soon start solving our MBB losing ways.

dgoebel
12-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Hopefully the new arena will soon start solving our MBB losing ways.

New Arena, same old, over the hill, can't recruit a HS player coach. And as usual at Troy, losing is accepted

redwaver
12-14-2012, 07:59 AM
New Arena, same old, over the hill, can't recruit a HS player coach. And as usual at Troy, losing is accepted
A little sarcasm was intended. It's not ALL about facilities!:-)

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-14-2012, 09:32 AM
I wish Maestri and Felix would just leave... Troy basketball needs new blood and a new philosophy. Losing to a winless SWAC team is about as low as it gets.

We're the laughing stock of the Sun Belt in basketball, but apparently the administration has that on the back burner.

dgoebel
12-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I wish Maestri and Felix would just leave... Troy basketball needs new blood and a new philosophy. Losing to a winless SWAC team is about as low as it gets.

We're the laughing stock of the Sun Belt in basketball, but apparently the administration has that on the back burner.

Yep, loosing is accepted at Troy. If you coach past 10 years here you have a job for life. Our men's basketball team could not compete in DII right now. Matter of fact we only beat a DII school from ALASKA by 2 points. Absolute joke of a coach and program. Thanks for your service here Don but you are not bigger than the school or program..or what is left of it.

redwaver
12-14-2012, 10:33 AM

Now that we have the new Arena, how many years will it take for it to solve our ongoing MBB problems? :-)

dgoebel
12-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Now that we have the new Arena, how many years will it take for it to solve our ongoing MBB problems? :-)

Depends on how long Maestri stays. We will continue to stink as long as he coaches.

CardinalBlackTrojan
12-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I've been a supporter of this basketball program and Maestri as the head coach, but this team is looking at yet another losing season.

The recruiting is horrible, the style of play isn't working, and the excuses just keep piling up. After every game we lose, Maestri always seems to say "Well we didn't shoot the ball too well, but I'm proud of the way our guys fought." What kind of coach says this after almost every game they lose?

And as far as the arena giving Maestri a better shot at recruits... look on Rivals.com and see what our recruiting class looks like as of right now... We have a 5'8" JUCO player who isn't even rated that's committed to Troy.

No wonder Troy is getting left in the dust by the rest of Sun Belt teams during all of this realignment... if you were Conference USA, would you want Troy??? I wouldn't.

redwaver
12-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I've been a supporter of this basketball program and Maestri as the head coach, but this team is looking at yet another losing season.

The recruiting is horrible, the style of play isn't working, and the excuses just keep piling up. After every game we lose, Maestri always seems to say "Well we didn't shoot the ball too well, but I'm proud of the way our guys fought." What kind of coach says this after almost every game they lose?

And as far as the arena giving Maestri a better shot at recruits... look on Rivals.com and see what our recruiting class looks like as of right now... We have a 5'8" JUCO player who isn't even rated that's committed to Troy.

No wonder Troy is getting left in the dust by the rest of Sun Belt teams during all of this realignment... if you were Conference USA, would you want Troy??? I wouldn't.
One more time. It's NOT all about facilities!

dgoebel
12-14-2012, 05:24 PM

He point blank refuses to recruit HS players. He is complacent, his job is secure and he doesn't care.

Troy87
12-15-2012, 08:22 AM

Depends on how long Maestri stays. We will continue to stink as long as he coaches.

I predict in 2 years (2014/2015 Season) our Men's Basketball Program will be completely different, and will be a strong competitor in the conference race. And I predict it will be under new guidance.

dgoebel
12-15-2012, 09:46 AM
I predict in 2 years (2014/2015 Season) our Men's Basketball Program will be completely different, and will be a strong competitor in the conference race. And I predict it will be under new guidance.

New Guidance Is The Key Word. Until Maestri leaves we will be an absolute joke.

redwaver
12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
So you are saying we have to continue to endure this season and one more? I guess a retirement or something is behind your prognostication?

Troy87
12-15-2012, 09:47 PM
So you are saying we have to continue to endure this season and one more? I guess a retirement or something is behind your prognostication?

Well, my prediction assumes a change after this season, but that is only an assumption. Ithink it will take at least one seasn to steer the ship in the right direction. Much like the women's team this year, I don't expect Coach Rigby to be tremendously successful this season, but as I have said before, I think by the end of this season, she will have this team showing us a glimpse of what we can expect next season. By the same expectation, I think it will take two years under new guidance before we can expect a much improved product.

redwaver
12-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Well, my prediction assumes a change after this season, but that is only an assumption. Ithink it will take at least one seasn to steer the ship in the right direction. Much like the women's team this year, I don't expect Coach Rigby to be tremendously successful this season, but as I have said before, I think by the end of this season, she will have this team showing us a glimpse of what we can expect next season. By the same expectation, I think it will take two years under new guidance before we can expect a much improved product.
I think you are correct concerning her and I HOPE you are correct concerning him! :thumb: