PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Olmsted kick field goals

BayouTrojan
10-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Having seen Troy play and listen to them several times on the radio, why doesn't Olmsted kick field goals?

Perhaps rather than talking about how the offense is pathetic and defense cannot stop the run, maybe we should be wondering why Whibbs, who is kicking at a Division-I school, can only make 58.8 percent (he is 10-of-17 on the season) of his kicks. When does he have to take some heat. Hell, he has missed half of his kicks over 30 yards this season. Does one 48 yarder constitute job security?

Heres the deal, if he makes a 32 yarder in the first quarter, we win the game. There is no overtime. Trojans win 31-28.

Maybe I am one of the few that believe that Blakeney is the right guy to be at the helm of the Trojans or maybe I am just frustrated because an engineer from Canada kicked a 50-yard field goal to win a million bucks earlier this week. Sad thing is, we win the game if a dang engineer is kicking for Troy.

Just some food for thought.

TUEngineer
10-29-2005, 11:45 PM
...and you are?

BayouTrojan
10-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Troy Graduate in the Summer of 2003 who is frustrated with the Trojan kicking game.

D1Trojan4U
10-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah....reportedly that engineer that is such a great kicker missed from the 30 and the 40.....even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.