PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the 2 JUCO's from Motlow

CHughes1102
11-22-2012, 06:26 PM
It appears as though we have signed 2 players from this college. Last night I attended the Motlow vs. GSCC game and they are CLASSLESS.

They walked on to the court screaming and banging hard on the doors. Then danced around the court showing off during pre-game trying to be show-offs.

About 6 minutes left in the game, the Motlow players started walking off the court because they were mad they were losing and were mad at the refs. Then they turned around, a few players took off their shirts, and STORMED after the GSCC players wanting to fight. All hell broke loose. Even the Motlow coaches were shoving the GSCC coaches and fighting them.

Easily the trashiest team I have ever seen in my life.

http://www.abc3340.com/video?clipId=7989515&topVideoCatNo=189741&autoStart=true

Mr. Ho
11-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Mr. Ho more worry that you actually attend a Juco basketball game. And what the heck is Motlow?

Pcbtrojan
11-23-2012, 09:52 AM
It is a small JUCO in Tennessee near Suwannee Tn.

redwaver
11-23-2012, 05:23 PM
It is a small JUCO in Tennessee near Suwannee Tn.
With our brand new arena " the best in the south" is that the type recruiting it is going to bring to Troy? Really? Bet this solves our MBB woes real quick. It AIN'T all about facilities folks!!!!!!!

dgoebel
11-25-2012, 12:06 PM
With our brand new arena " the best in the south" is that the type recruiting it is going to bring to Troy? Really? Bet this solves our MBB woes real quick. It AIN'T all about facilities folks!!!!!!!

BINGO!! Maestri is a joke for a recruiter. He is old, lazy and content on signing Juco players only. Thanks for your service Don now please go into the sunset.

TFan
11-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Looked to me that we coulda used a couple big thugs under the net. Physical game, outsized and VERY much out shot!!:scared:

Our boys never gave up.

trojanchad
11-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Looked to me that we coulda used a couple big thugs under the net. Physical game, outsized and VERY much out shot!!:scared:

Our boys never gave up.

I didn't catch the final number but we shot about 25% at the half compared to their near 50% - we also went about 9 minutes stuck at 20 points in the first half. :sick016:

TFan
11-28-2012, 09:21 AM
I didn't catch the final number but we shot about 25% at the half compared to their near 50% - we also went about 9 minutes stuck at 20 points in the first half. :sick016:

Trojans % vs UA's B
Floor %Game: 26-59 44.1%
3 Pt % Game: 9-25 36.0%
Free Throw %Game: 14-15 93.3%

Attendance = 2,576

dgoebel
11-28-2012, 03:33 PM

Our boys never gave up.

What do you expect when he signs 1 center and 4 guards last year, all JUCO's to. The guy is absolutelty phobic about setting foot in a HS. Rigsby hasn't been here 1 year and has already signed more HS players that Maestri has in his last 15. Thanks for your service, now move on and enjoy retirement.

trojanchad
11-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Attendance = 2,576

Not a bad number. What is with that section on the band end behind press table side? It was empty and looked terrible on the big screen despite the other sections looking pretty nice.

Glad the students showed up. Wish they had been more into it though. :bounce012::bounce012::bounce012:

redwaver
01-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Not a bad number. What is with that section on the band end behind press table side? It was empty and looked terrible on the big screen despite the other sections looking pretty nice.

Glad the students showed up. Wish they had been more into it though. :bounce012::bounce012::bounce012:
How do you get students behind a team that seldom wins? Unless things have changed since my days at Troy, WINNING = ENTHUSIASM and SUPPORT.

dgoebel
01-06-2013, 11:50 AM
How do you get students behind a team that seldom wins? Unless things have changed since my days at Troy, WINNING = ENTHUSIASM and SUPPORT.

Logic, there is a novel idea. Do you think people in Alabama would be crazy about the Tide if they didn't win? Until our administration wakes up and quits excepting mediocrity, get used to half empty football stadium, empty state of the art basketball arena and lack luster fan and student support. That is the fact Jack.

Hemi Man
01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Logic, there is a novel idea. Do you think people in Alabama would be crazy about the Tide if they didn't win? Until our administration wakes up and quits excepting mediocrity, get used to half empty football stadium, empty state of the art basketball arena and lack luster fan and student support. That is the fact Jack.

Please explain to me where you and Lego get your information that the administration has accepted mediocrity? Is it because they didn't fire everyone when the two of you decided it was time? Things are changing at Troy. Did you expect Hartwell to clean house 1 month after he arrived? Is he supposed to break ground on the endzone facility 2 months after arriving? It takes time to make the decisions and changes necessary to put Troy back on top. I'm confident that 1 year from now we will all look back and be very happy with the progress that's been made.

dgoebel
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Please explain to me where you and Lego get your information that the administration has accepted mediocrity? Is it because they didn't fire everyone when the two of you decided it was time? Things are changing at Troy. Did you expect Hartwell to clean house 1 month after he arrived? Is he supposed to break ground on the endzone facility 2 months after arriving? It takes time to make the decisions and changes necessary to put Troy back on top. I'm confident that 1 year from now we will all look back and be very happy with the progress that's been made.

Just stating that Troy can't expect to fill a football stadium and fill a basketball arena (no matter how nice it is) when you aren't winning. I am hoping for a change in men's basketball (coaching and recruiting some HS players for crying out loud) for one and for a change in the football program (not in coaching but in discipline and a change in recruiting direction). All the world loves a winner and it is easier to fill the stadiums when you are winning than when you are loosing...and that applies at Troy or any other school or pro franchise.

As far as where we get our info, it is a perception that some get from a lack of action. When you see no changes, hear of no changes, and see no difference in the product on the court/field, you conclude that status quo is excepted. I hope that we look back a year or two from here and swell with pride from changes. Until we see some sort of change then fans will assume status quo. I am hoping for change and a return to competive championship sports at Troy. We have to much tradition to regress to the bottom dwellers. I will always be a Troy fan no matter what, but that does not mean myself of any other former player, fan, alumni or donor has to accept or be happy with loosing.

Hemi Man
01-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Just stating that Troy can't expect to fill a football stadium and fill a basketball arena (no matter how nice it is) when you aren't winning. I am hoping for a change in men's basketball (coaching and recruiting some HS players for crying out loud) for one and for a change in the football program (not in coaching but in discipline and a change in recruiting direction). All the world loves a winner and it is easier to fill the stadiums when you are winning than when you are loosing...and that applies at Troy or any other school or pro franchise.

As far as where we get our info, it is a perception that some get from a lack of action. When you see no changes, hear of no changes, and see no difference in the product on the court/field, you conclude that status quo is excepted. I hope that we look back a year or two from here and swell with pride from changes. Until we see some sort of change then fans will assume status quo. I am hoping for change and a return to competive championship sports at Troy. We have to much tradition to regress to the bottom dwellers. I will always be a Troy fan no matter what, but that does not mean myself of any other former player, fan, alumni or donor has to accept or be happy with loosing.

So 3 months on the job and you expect Hartwell to have everything to your liking? It seems to me you think things should be fixed overnight. I have yet to see anyone that is happy with losing as you and Lego state.

As for winning. It most certainly is a key component to growing the fan base.

dgoebel
01-06-2013, 01:51 PM
So 3 months on the job and you expect Hartwell to have everything to your liking? It seems to me you think things should be fixed overnight. I have yet to see anyone that is happy with losing as you and Lego state.

As for winning. It most certainly is a key component to growing the fan base.

I can agree with your last quote. Here is to the future and the best for Troy. Even though I am unhappy with the BB program I am going to take in the men's game after my daughter's band performance at Troy Feb 2. Go Trojans!!!