PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Tynes

kiwan
10-26-2005, 04:36 PM
SPECIAL TEAMS: K LAWRENCE TYNES, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Kansas City kicker Lawrence Tynes was a perfect 3-for-3 in field goal attempts, including two from beyond 50 yards, amid intermittent rain, winds and slick turf in a 30-20 victory at Miami on Friday night. The Greenock, Scotland, native was successful from 30, 51 and 52 yards - all of which he kicked in the second half. The game was moved to Friday in order to accommodate the South Florida community as Hurricane Wilma approached. Tynes, a 2002 NFL Europe veteran, became the first Chiefs kicker to split the uprights from a distance of 50 yards or more twice in one game since Nick Lowery did it on Nov. 26, 1987 at Detroit. Lowery accomplished the feat three times in his 14-year career with the Chiefs.

In his second season from Troy State, this is the first Player of the Week honor for Tynes.

matttsu40
10-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Great post kiwan, I was thinking about doing the same thing last night. I talk with Lawrence weekly and he is foused and doing very well as you can see. He told me that he is one of three in race for pro bowl selection from AFC. Thats a Trojan for ya!

ksdtrojan
10-27-2005, 07:39 AM
Great post kiwan, I was thinking about doing the same thing last night. I talk with Lawrence weekly and he is foused and doing very well as you can see. He told me that he is one of three in race for pro bowl selection from AFC. Thats a Trojan for ya!

That would be awesome if he makes the Pro-bowl. A trojan in the pro-bowl, how cool would that be?

goe1975
10-27-2005, 07:49 AM
That would be awesome if he makes the Pro-bowl. A trojan in the pro-bowl, how cool would that be?

I have a feeling another Troy grad will be in the pro bowl pretty soon also.

FRED_of_TROY
10-27-2005, 09:19 AM
I have a feeling another Troy grad will be in the pro bowl pretty soon also.

I was thinking the same thing, goe1975.

ksdtrojan
10-27-2005, 10:39 AM
If not two more, OSI and DW