PDA

View Full Version : Yes I just started a thread on a lady hoops recruit...

JonesOxygen
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM
just shows how giddy I am with our womens program and arena

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20121114/SPORTS0303/311140051/Girls-high-school-basketball-Emerson-chooses-Troy?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

ksdtrojan
11-14-2012, 11:02 AM
just shows how giddy I am with our womens program and arena

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20121114/SPORTS0303/311140051/Girls-high-school-basketball-Emerson-chooses-Troy?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p
I am right there with you. Listen to Coach Rigby and the excitement she portrays and it's hard not to be excited.

And Emerson seems to be a good get!

trojanchad
11-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Interesting list of what was important to this recruit:

1. Facilities
2. Coaches
3. Teammates
4. Football Team
5. Location

troy4ever
11-14-2012, 12:08 PM

1. Facilities
2. Coaches
3. Teammates
4. Football Team
5. Location

I caught that too. Seems the new arena is already paying dividends.

dgoebel
11-14-2012, 12:31 PM
A Troy Basketball team recruiting a HS player...Wow!! Can someone please tell Maestri that, Yes, they do indeed play HS basketball in the south.

Rigsby could out recruit Maestri in her sleep. She will recruit some great players that will be in her system for 4 years and mix in some high quality juco players also.

Hemi Man
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM

1. Facilities
2. Coaches
3. Teammates
4. Football Team
5. Location

I caught that too. Seems the new arena is already paying dividends.

Makes me wonder if that's the case with other sports. You know like #4 on that list.

dgoebel
11-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Makes me wonder if that's the case with other sports. You know like #4 on that list.

Facilities can definetely make a impact on recruiting, but it is not the magic bullet. Yes, it has helped Oregon, Boise etc but there are other schools with outstanding facilities..New Mexico and Akron for instance where it hasn't made any difference. I do however know that we need the end zone building desperately and hopefully we get it done before 2015 as Hartwell stated.

trojanchad
11-14-2012, 01:40 PM

Interesting point. Every recruit is different and will have different lists and priorities, but a women's basketball recruit mentioned the football team as a reason.

So important to remember when we talk about upgrading facilities, specifically the end zone project, we are not just doing it for the high school football players coming for a visit. It's for the entire university - athletes and non.