PDA

View Full Version : QB - Philip Moore

ICHR4TROY
10-24-2005, 10:32 PM
I haven't seen this information anywhere, but I wonder if Troy has expressed interest in Philip Moore from Edgewood Academy in Millbrook, AL.

Check Out his stats:

Edgewood Academy (8-1)

Philip Moore
Senior FS , QB
6'3" 190 lbs.

Passing:
166 for 230 for a total of 2,504 yrds in 9 games (22 TDs)

Rushing:
213 yrds for 4 TDs

Two weeks ago he had 490 yrds passing.

CattouseFan
10-25-2005, 11:30 AM
It says on rivals that the two schools he is showing interest in are Mississippi State and South Carolina but he does not have any offers.

There are no stories on him.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/PHILLIPMOORE7_11150.JPG

Tums
10-26-2005, 09:13 AM
His brother had better stats than that a long time back coming out of there and we did not recruit him. I think his brother went to Alabama on baseball schollie because no one offered a football ride. I was the one that made the post about his brother stating we should give him a shot at QB since the worst we would have is a very good baseball player on a football schollie when he was a SR there. :cry:

Tums
10-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Here is Kyle Moores stats from his SR season per Rolltide.com.
Also a star quarterback on the football team
He threw for more than 2,800 yards and a state record 38 TDs en route to being named an AISA All-State selection

ICHR4TROY
10-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Kyle Moore is not Philip Moore's Older Brother. I'm not sure if there is any relation, but they are not brothers. Philip is the oldest of his siblings.

And Philip went to Trinity in Montgomery during his Jr High years.

CattouseFan
11-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Fort Dale topples Wildcats on the road

By Brad Tillery
Special to the Advertiser

ELMORE -- Fort Dale Academy head coach James Sampley had one goal on offense Friday night: Do not throw the football.

It worked.

The Eagles used a punishing game plan and rode the performance of running back Tim James to stun Edgewood Academy 22-17 in the first round of the AISA playoffs.

"We had no intention of throwing it," Sampley said. "I told our guys that we had to beat them physically to win the game, and that's what we did."

Trailing 16-3 in the fourth quarter, Edgewood Academy (9-2) fought back through the air. The Wildcats embarked on an 11-play, 76-yard drive that saw them throw the ball 10 times.

The only run came on the final play when Heath Woodruff took a direct snap up the middle for a 12-yard touchdown run to cut the lead to 16-10. It was the first sign of life for the Wildcats offense all night.

"We couldn't get it going until it was too late," Edgewood coach Bobby Carr said. "I probably didn't stick with the run game long enough tonight."

The Eagles answered the score on the ensuing drive when James burst through the left side and scampered 41 yards to extend the lead to 22-10.

James finished the night with 232 yards on 32 carries. He also scored two touchdowns.

"Tim has been great all season and was extremely effective for us tonight," Sampley said.

Edgewood, however, wouldn't go away quietly. The Wildcats scored with 4.9 seconds to go and recovered an onsides kick on their 45-yard line with three seconds left.

Philip Moore threw the ball to the 7-yard line, but it fell harmlessly to the ground to end the game. The pass was merely a glimpse into his night.

The usually efficient Moore struggled, finishing the game 22-of-37 for 230 yards and one touchdown. He was also intercepted four times.

"Philip is a terrific quarterback," Carr said, "but they just had a good defensive game plan. You have to give them credit."

Pcbtrojan
11-05-2005, 11:48 PM
I hate to throw a wet towel in but AISA aint exactly public school ball. I know I played it. If he has got good speed then with his size free safety unless he can adjust to D1A speed on defense.