PDA

View Full Version : Hoops tonight

JonesOxygen
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Don't forget there is FREE basketball tonight at Trojan Arena. 7 pm, don't miss out. If nothing else, come see the arena.

trojanchad
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Looking forward to it! :thumb:

dgoebel
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Maybe Maestri can beat a bunch of eskimos tonight.

DjSlique
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
New Year, New Team & New ARENA!!! Lets go TROY! Is the game going to be on troytrojans.com?

dgoebel
11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
New Year, New Arena..Same Coach.

PCTrojan
11-05-2012, 09:04 PM
This team is catastrophically bad! I will be surprised if we win more than just a couple of games.

tenaciousT
11-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Its going to take some time for these guys to gel. That is what happens when you pretty much have a new starting rotation every year.

It is going to be ugly on friday night, but I am going to celebrate the new arena with TROY University. Can't wait!

Burn the Horse
11-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Our biggest problem has always been our P.O.S. basketball facilities. It's hard to recruit great players to come play in Sartain.

I think with the new arena and some time, Troy basketball will really improve. We could be challenging WKU for the Sun Belt title in a matter of a few seasons. Players will want to come play in the new Trojan Arena and that will enable us to take our rightful place at the top of the Belt standings. :thumb:

Hemi Man
11-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Its going to take some time for these guys to gel. That is what happens when you pretty much have a new starting rotation every year.

It is going to be ugly on friday night, but I am going to celebrate the new arena with TROY University. Can't wait!

I don't think Justin will be back until December.

PCTrojan
11-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I left at the half, does anyone know the final score?

Hemi Man
11-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I left at the half, does anyone know the final score?

61-57 Troy.

dgoebel
11-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Our biggest problem has always been our P.O.S. basketball facilities. It's hard to recruit great players to come play in Sartain.

I think with the new arena and some time, Troy basketball will really improve. We could be challenging WKU for the Sun Belt title in a matter of a few seasons. Players will want to come play in the new Trojan Arena and that will enable us to take our rightful place at the top of the Belt standings. :thumb:

Never happen as long as Maestri stays. Can't build a program with a whole roster of juco's signees. Pick up a Hunter Williams when available but we have 10 on the roster right now. And we wonder why Troy is in a rebuilding year every year and we keep hearing the guys need to learn to play together. That is because these guys only play 1 year together and then a new crop come in.

We beat a DII school from ALASKA by 4 points. Good luck not having MSU run us out of the gym Friday.

Schard
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
You guys are in the same boat Samford was in a few years ago:

-Same old coach giving the same line about building a team
-build an amazing new facility
-years pass and losing continues

Samford finally woke up and fired their coach and brought in an assistant coach from Indiana.

SoFlaTrojan
11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I would think the "bad facilities" argument would have ended at least a year ago. The coaches have certainly been touting the new arena for the year-and-a-half it has been under construction. Wouldn't new recruits want to play in the great arena when it opened up? Shouldn't this year have been a banner recruiting year?