PDA

View Full Version : Observations from ESPNU

tntrojan
10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Okay, so I broke down and paid for it. And no Bmarkey, no discounts for existing customers. :) But $12 a month was cheaper than a regular ticket price.
That said, the blackout looked good. The students who painted their bodies got a lot of TV coverage. And the "Sound's" ESPN theme was featured during one of the time-outs. ESPNU showed some clips from the pre-game ceremony. Crowd seemed decent considering a mid-week game against a weak conference foe. The camera angles made it look better than it probably was. I'm guessing 15,000 if we were lucky. The half-time studio crew looked like high school kids. And one studio analyst kept calling us Troy State. And the helmets looked odd. Anyone know why they looked like they were colored with shoe polish? :)
As to the game plan, it makes me wonder about some of the coaching decisions. Best drive was the two passes on the touchdown drive. I've resisted jumping on any bandwagon to change coaches, but why was the running game so weak (nonexistant) against a team like FIU. My guess is most of Joel's yards came in the fourth quarter. Even the defense looked out of synch early. Lot of missed tackles. FIU quarterback had all kinds of time in the pocket. If FIU had any kind of redzone offense we would have lost. It also seemed we played with a lack of intensity.
Terrible feeling just 10 months after our first bowl game.
Love my Trojans and all who wear our colors, but Arkansas State and MTSU will embarass us if we don't get better soon. ASU hung 66 on FIU. Ugh.
Still hoping we win out and Monroe trips up.
Go Trojans.

BMarkey
10-20-2005, 11:31 PM
FIU is getting better as the season goes on. It has speed and some good athletes (mostly seniors). It wasn't all Troy playing poorly.

You will get a sports pack discount (includes ESPNU) is you just complain to the operator at DirecTV about the fact that DishNetwork gives ESPNU to its customers for free.

It really does work. Numerous people have gotten the $10 per month discount, making the sports pack $2.99 per month. Don't take "no" for an answer.

ksdtrojan
10-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I got it for $2 per month for 6 months.

FHBrian
10-21-2005, 01:32 PM
I got it for $2 a month for six months too. Call back and cancel saying you decided it was too much money, they will probably then offer you the deal. It is only for six months and I plan to cancel then and add it back next football season if neccessary.

CattouseFan
10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I guess no one from DirectTV looks at this board :D

ksdtrojan
10-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I guess no one from DirectTV looks at this board :D

Which is a good thing!!! They might find about our conspiracy!!! :lol: