PDA

View Full Version : We are not very good at all

TroyPremier
10-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Guys, I am listening to this game via the internet(FIU's broadcast at that). We can't even dominate a 1-4 FIU team. Three 1st quarter turnovers in our favor and we can only get up 10-0. Then we blow that lead in the 3rd quarter. I seriously don't think we have a chance at winning the Sun Belt this year. Get mad if you will, but I'm thinking that maybe next year will be something to look forward to at this point. Maybe the 4th quarter will turn positive because right now its not looking good.

TSU-Baggs
10-20-2005, 09:09 PM
No, you're not wrong, we're just not that good. We continue to let opportunity after opportunity slip through our fingers. Turn overs should equal TD or at least 3 espcially when we're inside their 40 when we get the ball. Coaching is still so questionable. The decisions and calls by the coaches sometimes baffles me. Anyway, I'm still rooting for our guys, but we should be CRUSHING these guys!! :roll:

At least the defense is holding up, somewhat.

TSU-Baggs
10-20-2005, 09:11 PM
LOL...well, I just heard on the FIU radio broadcast that they took the safety. Now they're radio announcers are questioning Strock's safety call. Geeze, maybe LB and our coaches are rubbing off on them!

Yup, it's true, you do play/coach up to your opponent's capabilities! :lol:

The Red Wave
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
We suck. Worst Troy team I have seen in 10 years. Going to be a tough year. Someone needs to get in the car and start recruiting TONIGHT!

TSU-Baggs
10-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Aman!

goe1975
10-20-2005, 09:46 PM
We suck. Worst Troy team I have seen in 10 years.

This team is worse than the team that was crushed by Montana 10 years ago.

goe1975
10-20-2005, 09:56 PM
To be fair, let me say the touchdown pass in the first half was beautiful. But other than that, a very weak performance.

CraigMack
10-20-2005, 10:07 PM
We are very bad.

Now that is out of the way...

I still believe that we have the athletes in place but our coaches are marginal, at best...either our offensive staff isn't on the same page or some of them just don't know what they're doing. I just don't understand how our offense continues to be this out of sync year after year after year...something is wrong on that side of the ball and it ain't just Fleetwood. I'm not saying that he's not part of the problem...but I am saying that he's not all of the problem.

Something is going on with the offensive staff and I would like to know what it is. We continue to make the same mistakes week after week and it's not just the QB's. For a freshman, Foster shows a lot of promise, but we have juniors and seniors at other positions who aren't getting it done and they appear, in my useless opinion, to be poorly coached ...fundamentally and otherwise.

I don't what it is, but something's up and someone in position to do so needs to start asking some questions so that we can get to the bottom of this. I don't know what's going on, but enough is enough and I want some answers...for a change.

TUrocks
10-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Painful, Painful listening.

I predict we score no more than 13 points a game the rest of the season--averaging 10 off of defensive scores or turnovers.

We score 18 in a game, at home, to a 1-4 team who had 5 turnovers, AND WE WERE GIVEN A SAFETY???

I don't know if this is bad of me, but I almost wish we would have lost this game to help force that change in the OC position we "all" want. Is there anyone left who thinks Fleetwood should retain his job????

JSU_Alum
10-20-2005, 10:28 PM
I think Fleetwood should keep his job!!!

You guys are a rock solid bet on the UNDER every time you step on the field.

Thanks for allowing to bet on the house's money the rest of the weekend!

TUrocks
10-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Anyone????

Trojanman
10-20-2005, 10:35 PM

That was a great team that unfortunately played in the worst conditions imagineable. It was a travesty that Montana was able to host that game on their tundra in December. Played under normal conditions Troy State would have another national championship. This years team does not even compare to that 1996, 12-2, Conference Champion.

Nice Trojan
10-20-2005, 10:47 PM
That 1996 team would have beat this years team. They got the bad draw and had to travel to that frozen tundra. And yes it was cold, I was there.

This years team may have more talent. But they don't click. Something is not right with this team. We are scraping by against FIU? What gives?

CardinalBlackTrojan
10-20-2005, 11:20 PM
what gives is that our team is very young with a few freshmen and sophmores starting. i'll wait about 1, 2, maybe 3 years and troy will be a team to be reckoned with. just give it time. and get rid of fleetwood. and get a defensive coordinator.

tsufl
10-21-2005, 08:54 AM
what gives is that our team is very young with a few freshmen and sophmores starting. i'll wait about 1, 2, maybe 3 years and troy will be a team to be reckoned with. just give it time. and get rid of fleetwood. and get a defensive coordinator.

Well this is a nice voice of reason. We are very young this year and that isnt helping at all. Next year we should be pretty good and the year after that DAMN good. But thats only if we can improve an offense that can only be described as inept. That begins with canning fleetwood. (Does anyone know if he has any affiliation with the special teams? If so I wouldnt have a problem keeping him around and letting him continue to work with those guys. Our ST have been pretty darn good this year)

Sarahbelle
10-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Why are we running up the middle on almost every first down? Even Pavlov's dog can recognize patterns and react accordingly...sheesh!

bulldogtrojan
10-21-2005, 09:09 AM

That was a great team that unfortunately played in the worst conditions imagineable. It was a travesty that Montana was able to host that game on their tundra in December. Played under normal conditions Troy State would have another national championship. This years team does not even compare to that 1996, 12-2, Conference Champion.

Our national championship in 1-AA should have come in 1995 when we were undefeated and played Ga. Southern in the first round of playoffs - AT HOME and we let that slip away. I still don't know what happened at the end of that game and I'm still in therapy over it.

ksdtrojan
10-21-2005, 11:14 AM

Well this is a nice voice of reason. We are very young this year and that isnt helping at all. Next year we should be pretty good and the year after that DAMN good. But thats only if we can improve an offense that can only be described as inept. That begins with canning fleetwood. (Does anyone know if he has any affiliation with the special teams? If so I wouldnt have a problem keeping him around and letting him continue to work with those guys. Our ST have been pretty darn good this year)

No, Please, No!!! I want him gone. Please!!! I would hate for to screw up the special teams like he has the offense.

kiwan
10-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Wasden is the special teams coach and nobody else. He has done a tramendous job sincetaking over for Turk.

tsu59
10-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Wasden is the special teams coach and nobody else. He has done a tramendous job sincetaking over for Turk.

He is also receivers coach.

Trojanman
10-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Our national championship in 1-AA should have come in 1995 when we were undefeated and played Ga. Southern in the first round of playoffs - AT HOME and we let that slip away. I still don't know what happened at the end of that game and I'm still in therapy over it.

I am still on medication from that loss myself. :shock: Those sure were some great teams!

trojanforce
10-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey All,
I didn't get a chance to watch the game and I was bumed. But after reading your posts I'm not sure if I missed anything. This is not rocket science! It comes down to coaching pure and simple! How can catouse who was NJ's leading rusher of all time run the ball like that for Troy? Answer: Coaching! Our players are really talented but if you have no coaching it looks like a Jr. High Scholl could beat us. We need a LEADER--hint, hint who is going to come in and inject some passion in our players and our fans. In 2004, it seemed like we were on the rise but today I don't know. Bottom line, being defensive of reality and making excuses means we will be longing for next season after week one every year. I love our school and team and I hope their is light at the end of the tunnel...I hope. Bring back JW!!!!!!!

Trojan Force :(