PDA

View Full Version : I'm positive al.com has never written about Troy womens hoops...

JonesOxygen
10-18-2012, 11:59 AM
until now

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/10/qa_with_troy_womens_basketball.html#incart_river

Troy79
10-18-2012, 12:49 PM
until now

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/10/qa_with_troy_womens_basketball.html#incart_river

No doubt this is a new day for the Lady Trojans. I love the Coach's quote:
From Day One we put 12 seconds on our shot clock at practice even though in women's basketball there's a 30-second shot clock. We never take more than 12 seconds to get a shot off and then we turn around and we press behind it. That's two of the three elements. The other element is we want to be the best rebounders we can possibly be, especially offensive rebounders, because in that style of play my past teams have averaged 100 points a game. The other team can come up and shoot 130 points a night too in that style of play, so you better be great rebounders because we're not going to make all our shots. Those are the three aspects of my style of play -- the running game on offense, pressure defense full court, every foot of floor is taken up with pressure and then also a strong rebounding effort.

This should really be a fun team to watch.

Go TROY!

dgoebel
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
We have already planed on making the short 40 minute drive to Gainsville when they play UF. Can't wait to watch this team.

TrojanEmpire
10-18-2012, 06:34 PM
No doubt this is a new day for the Lady Trojans. I love the Coach's quote:
From Day One we put 12 seconds on our shot clock at practice even though in women's basketball there's a 30-second shot clock. We never take more than 12 seconds to get a shot off and then we turn around and we press behind it. That's two of the three elements. The other element is we want to be the best rebounders we can possibly be, especially offensive rebounders, because in that style of play my past teams have averaged 100 points a game. The other team can come up and shoot 130 points a night too in that style of play, so you better be great rebounders because we're not going to make all our shots. Those are the three aspects of my style of play -- the running game on offense, pressure defense full court, every foot of floor is taken up with pressure and then also a strong rebounding effort.

This should really be a fun team to watch.

Go TROY!

I wish the men's team still played that way. They had lots of success doing that. I think Coach Rigby is going to do well at Troy.

Troy87
10-18-2012, 07:11 PM
I wish the men's team still played that way. They had lots of success doing that. I think Coach Rigby is going to do well at Troy.

The difference is she also emphasizes defense. When did our men's team ever emphasize THAT?

This is the most I've been excited about any basketball in Troy in a long time.

TrojanEmpire
10-18-2012, 08:26 PM
The difference is she also emphasizes defense. When did our men's team ever emphasize THAT?

This is the most I've been excited about any basketball in Troy in a long time.

When has the men's program ever been as aggressive in recruiting potential players?

dgoebel
10-19-2012, 08:15 AM
When has the men's program ever been as aggressive in recruiting potential players?

What he said. Maestri needs to retire after this season and we need a young aggresive coach like Rigsby.

CHughes1102
10-19-2012, 11:12 AM
What he said. Maestri needs to retire after this season and we need a young aggresive coach like Rigsby.

This x 10000