PDA

View Full Version : I-AA & Non-football School Banners at I-A Football Games

BMarkey
10-19-2005, 05:48 PM
I noticed this season at FAU that the Owls are honoring all the SunBelt teams with a banner for each in the end zones. See picture of Danny Embick throwng an INT freom his own EZ (ugh) :)

http://www.palmswestpress.com/images/dpreview/e39b3273.jpg

I noticed, also, that Western Kentucky (and I think, even some of the non-football schools are included. I find that just wrong. If they can't play I-A in football, why is a I-A school promoting that school with banners during a I-A football game? And why basketball/baseball schools are represented is beyond me.

Let them have banners in the baseball and cage facilities.

Does Troy have these banners?

D1Trojan4U
10-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Troy has one large banner in the closed end of the stadium that is a "all conference" banner. It is yellow and has all of the conference school logos on it.

TrojanWar
10-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Troy has one large banner in the closed end of the stadium that is a "all conference" banner. It is yellow and has all of the conference school logos on it.

Yes, and I have seen this same banner at the other Sun Belt stadiums as well.

tsufl
10-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Troy also has flags for each SunBelt team on the East (student side) side of the stadium. Seems as though I saw a picture at UNT with the same flags I think they look good.

troymarkus
10-19-2005, 09:19 PM
All Sunbelt teams are required to have banners with all the teams on it. They get fined big time if they don't have them.

arkstfan
10-21-2005, 10:02 AM
ASU has the yellow banner in the end zone and team banners on the outside of the stadium hanging from the upper deck.

BMarkey
10-21-2005, 01:11 PM
I recall now that NT has small flags (one for each team) flying from the top of its stadoium.

I just don't understand the reason for running the flag of a school that doesn't even play SunBelt football.

tsu59
10-21-2005, 01:18 PM
I recall now that NT has small flags (one for each team) flying from the top of its stadoium.

I just don't understand the reason for running the flag of a school that doesn't even play SunBelt football.

Maybe it's because the Sun Belt just pretends to play football :lol:

TrojanWar
10-21-2005, 01:25 PM

Are you still upset that we play in the Sun Belt? What D1A conference would you like us in? Anything other than the Sun Belt and we would be Buffalo. Let's stop acting like we should be in a better conference. And before you start, D1AA is not an option so don't go there. That would make zero sense.

TrojanEmpire
10-21-2005, 01:31 PM

Are you still upset that we play in the Sun Belt? What D1A conference would you like us in? Anything other than the Sun Belt and we would be Buffalo. Let's stop acting like we should be in a better conference. And before you start, D1AA is not an option so don't go there. That would make zero sense.

Maybe we should just give up football and start a hockey team! :D

tsu59
10-21-2005, 01:34 PM
It's gonna be a long road back to respectibility :?

troymarkus
10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
I have to disagree. All we need is a major upset again and we are there. We have PLENTY of opportunity for that next season!

BMarkey
10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Last night WAS a win.

Come on. Just cheer for what we have and pray for the chips to fall the way that gets us into a bowl.

tsu59
10-21-2005, 01:48 PM
CBS SportsLine is predicting ULM vs UCF in the NO Bowl