PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Zone in Riddle Pace Field

TUFAN
10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Are they still doing the Kid's zone? The original release on the "Blackout" talked about inflatables etc at the baseball field, but I have not heard or seen anything else about that. If they are not having it, they should say so or move it to another game, if they are having it, it looks like a poor job of promotion. Does anyone know?

kiwan
10-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes, they are still having the kiddy stuff. I have heard numerous ads about it. Also bring a kid to the game free with paid adult.

ThePowerMan
10-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I have said MANY, MANY times that our Public Relations people do a POOR job of promoting things like this. My guess is that no one is sure who is supposed to do it and no one wants to step up and promote the things.

BMarkey
10-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I hate to be positive for a change :) but I thought the press release(s) on this event went out early enough (two or three weeks ago?) and were pretty well done.

Now, there might not have been much follow-up ...

tsufl
10-19-2005, 09:21 PM
I hate to be positive for a change :) but I thought the press release(s) on this event went out early enough (two or three weeks ago?) and were pretty well done.

Now, there might not have been much follow-up ...

We cant have you being positive. Whos going to keep "The Kremlin" honest? BTW, I have always loved that term for the Athl Dept. classic.

TUFAN
10-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the info. Perhaps the BlackOut sort of "blacked out" the other events. I have seen those adds and they are well done.

ThePowerMan
10-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I do have to agree that I did hear about the "blackout" several weeks ago. I got a mailer and did hear about it on the radio. BUT if I did not check posts on this site I would have not known about the other activities (such as bring a kid to the game). And I live in Brewton, AL. Only a buck and a half away from Troy.

I still think the University needs to have more pregame activities for families. I know you don't want to hear this but I do attend a few UA games when TROY is not at home and my famlily enjoys going to the "Quad" for the pregame. I know some of you know what I am talking about (you may not admit it BUT....you know)