PDA

View Full Version : The Trojan Zone is now open (fmr. Buffalo's)

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 07:28 PM
and the owner/manager is wearing and Auburn shirt this evening. Unconfirmed since I'm not there to see it in person, but I did hear from a reliable source.

Thoughts on that Trojans? Perfectly ok and he can wear whatever he wants? Part-timers need not respond.

Doesn't sit well with me and I won't be going to try it out.

Also mods this will get moved I know. Just wanted to post here so it's seen first.

TroyTuba
10-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Sad thing, I've heard the owner is a former Troy Univ. basketball player. Anyone know if this is true?

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 07:57 PM
and the owner/manager is wearing and Auburn shirt this evening. Unconfirmed since I'm not there to see it in person, but I did hear from a reliable source.

Thoughts on that Trojans? Perfectly ok and he can wear whatever he wants? Part-timers need not respond.

Also mods this will get moved I know. Just wanted to post here so it's seen first.

Used to happen a lot at Trojan Talk when it was at Santa Fe. It greatly affected their tips.:rolleyes04:

Chrono124
10-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I will never eat or drink there now thanks for the tip.

TrojanEmpire
10-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Well, let's just drag him into the street and shoot him. JMO but you are making mountains out of mole hills. I am a four year TSU letterman who occasionally wears another team's colors. He, myself included, and many others like us gave our time, blood, sweat and tears for our university. We can wear whatever we please and no one has any right to judge us.

To not patronize a business because the service sucks or what they offer doesn't appeal to you? Go ahead. It is your right. To not give his business a chance because the owner wears a shirt he wears? Go ahead. It is your right. It is also a little silly.

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, let's just drag him into the street and shoot him. JMO but you are making mountains out of mole hills. I am a four year TSU letterman who occasionally wears another team's colors. He, myself included, and many others like him gave his blood, sweat and tears for our university. We can wear whatever we damn well please and no one has any right to judge us.

Wear what you want. I don't care for it. I won't support the business. I'm only judging where I spend my money. I have every right to do that.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 08:55 PM
So if a Jack State grad came to town, opened a Mellow Mushroom, got draft beer sales passed in Troy, and had 50 different beers on tap, would you boycott him if you saw him with a Jack State shirt?

TrojanEmpire
10-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Wear what you want. I don't care for it. I won't support the business. I'm only judging where I spend my money. I have every right to do that.

We all know you you don't care for it. We get it. Those of us who think
some have gone a little overboard with this whole thing have to right to say you are wrong. We can disagree w/o being disagreeable.

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 08:58 PM
So if a Jack State grad came to town, opened a Mellow Mushroom, got draft beer sales passed in Troy, and had 50 different beers on tap, would you boycott him if you saw him with a Jack State shirt?

If it was call the Trojan Mushroom, yep.

Is this an Auburn grad running the Trojan Zone? Did we clear that up yet?

TrojanEmpire
10-13-2012, 08:58 PM

Good question.

Chrono124
10-13-2012, 09:00 PM

Well if he did that then I think I would have to worship him, but that's a tall order :)

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
We all know you you don't care for it. We get it. Those of us who think
some have gone a little overboard with this whole thing have to right to say you are wrong. We can disagree w/o being disagreeable.

Agreed. I'm obviously going to think I'm right and you and anyone - or in fact EVERYONE can think I'm wrong.

This was the only part of my original post where I inserted my opinion:

"Doesn't sit well with me and I won't be going to try it out."

Did that really come across as out of line and overly disagreeable?

TrojanEmpire
10-13-2012, 09:04 PM

Is this an Auburn grad running the Trojan Zone? Did we clear that up yet?

So you want the town and university to grow but won't support a business just because the owner does not have some sort if Troy gear at all times?

I don't give a flip what he wears. He is a Troy Trojan and I hope he succeeds. I will now make it a point to patronize his business as often as possible when I am in Troy for whatever reason. Businesses like his, as well as Mellow Mushroom help communities grow.

TrojanEmpire
10-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Well if he did that then I think I would have to worship him, but that's a tall order :)

Well played! Rep points you sir.

TrojanEmpire
10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Agreed. I'm obviously going to think I'm right and you and anyone - or in fact EVERYONE can think I'm wrong.

This was the only part of my original post where I inserted my opinion:

"Doesn't sit well with me and I won't be going to try it out."

Did that really come across as out of line and overly disagreeable?

Fair enough. We just disagree on this issue. It happens.

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Fair enough. We just disagree on this issue. It happens.

Do we have to hug now?

GoTroyGo1
10-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Just not the best idea to call your establishment " Trojan Zone" right in trhe middle of Troy Al and wear another college's clothing. Where's the pride in that?

goe1975
10-13-2012, 09:09 PM

Your loss. Because I would bet there would be so many others who didn't care what he wore, that he would never even notice you weren't there.

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Just not the best idea to call your establishment " Trojan Zone" right in trhe middle of Troy Al and wear another college's clothing. Where's the pride in that?

:signs011:

TrojanEmpire
10-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Do we have to hug now?

Maybe. But next time I am in town for a game, come by and see me, I'll buy you a beer.

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 09:17 PM

Excellent point.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM

Probably too ignorant to know better. Yeah I know. But I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. I have had family members in frats at Troy tell me about their frats throwing parties for Alabama Football. I seriously doubt there are other school fraternities throwing Troy Football parties. Heck, I got a chance to go up in the Stadium Club one game and they were all up there watching the Bama game!

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 09:30 PM
On the flip side I do business in Troy with a certain individual because he is a Troy supporter and only a Troy supporter. It would be more convenient for me to do the same business in Enterprise, but I choose not to because I want to support someone that is supporting Troy. The same goes for my choice in adult beverages. I purchase certain brands, in the Troy area, when possible to support another person that supports Troy.

Just how I roll!

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 09:33 PM
On the flip side I do business in Troy with a certain individual because he is a Troy supporter and only a Troy supporter. It would be more convenient for me to do the same business in Enterprise, but I choose not to because I want to support someone that is supporting Troy. The same goes for my choice in adult beverages. I purchase certain brands, in the Troy area, when possible to support another person that supports Troy.

Just how I roll!

I switched to Bud Light for my "regular" beer. That's what gets distributed in Troy right? DM me the business so I can show them some love too. Unless it's some weirdo adult bookstore. I do all that shopping online. :jester:

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I switched to Bud Light for my "regular" beer. That's what gets distributed in Troy right? DM me the business so I can show them some love too. Unless it's some weirdo adult bookstore. I do all that shopping online. :jester:

Bud Light is an excellent choice!! The adult store is 1 block off of 3 Notch. Knock twice and clap once to enter. Tell them Doug4Troy sent you. That will get you a repeat customer discount. Do not park out front. No need to thank me. :signs003:

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 09:48 PM
so if a jack state grad came to town, opened a mellow mushroom, got draft beer sales passed in troy, and had 50 different beers on tap, would you boycott him if you saw him with a jack state shirt?

yes!

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Bud Light is an excellent choice!! The adult store is 1 block off of 3 Notch. Knock twice and clap once to enter. Tell them Doug4Troy sent you. That will get you a repeat customer discount. Do not park out front. No need to thank me. :signs003:

Hemi, you obviously do not know the secret knock. Stop posing.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 09:58 PM
yes!

I can understand that seeing as they probably won't have Schlitz on draft.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I can understand that seeing as they probably won't have Schlitz on draft.

Nice... bammer fan? Bet you are.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Nice... bammer fan? Bet you are.

I'll take that bet. What you wanna bet?

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Hemi, you obviously do not know the secret knock. Stop posing.

Sorry. That is all second hand information I found on the bathroom wall of the Front Porch. I shouldn't believe everything I read.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Where'd ya go?

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Where'd ya go?

The bet: 1) You are a bammer fan or, 2) you sound like one. Bet a beer... you in?

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Where'd ya go?

I am here Chet... you?!?!

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Gentlemen, the way to settle this is a 3rd quarter field goal duel. The $100 italian ice contest will have to wait.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 10:20 PM
The bet: 1) You are a bammer fan or, 2) you sound like one. Bet a beer... you in?

Congratulations. You owe me a beer. But none of that malt liquor or light crap. Guinness.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Congratulations. You owe me a beer. But none of that malt liquor or light crap. Guinness.

I do not concede defeat, but I will gladly provide a beer, I pick the brand though. No import crap (I have a leftover "Wild Blue" you can try). You can stop by our tailgate this Saturday behind the Alumni House to collect. Look forward to meeting you.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I do not concede defeat, but I will gladly provide a beer, I pick the brand though. No import crap (I have a leftover "Wild Blue" you can try). You can stop by our tailgate this Saturday behind the Alumni House to collect. Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks...can't...going to the Bama game.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks...can't...going to the Bama game.

Sounds right Chet, not surprised.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Sounds right Chet, not surprised.

I'm kidding! I am NOT going to the Bama game...couldn't get tickets.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:45 PM

Sorry, I will share a beer, but no tickets for you cause I do not share tickets with folks who wear bammer gear into the game. Better stay home instead Chet.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 10:47 PM

Tell you what though, I will take you up at homecoming. You guys have hotdogs and donuts at your tailgate area? Because I'm bringing my 300 lb girlfriend (Big AL-ison) and she's gonna need at least a dozen of each or her blood sugar will be off and she will be hell to deal with.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Sorry, I will share a beer, but no tickets for you cause I do not share tickets with folks who wear bammer gear into the game. Better stay home instead Chet.

I meant I couldn't get tickets to the Bama gam...nevermind.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Tell you what though, I will take you up at homecoming. You guys have hotdogs and donuts at your tailgate area? Because I'm bringing my 300 lb girlfriend (Big AL-ison) and she's gonna need at least a dozen of each or her blood sugar will be off and she will be hell to deal with.

Is that the one Troy game you attend?

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 10:57 PM
I meant I couldn't get tickets to the Bama gam...nevermind.

Haha, I know what you meant... bammer.

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 10:59 PM
This back-and-forth is great!
\
http://images.dailydawdle.com/cats-watching-tennis1.gif

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Haha, I know what you meant... bammer.

Oh, uh, there's no "er" at the end. It's just B-A-M-A. Or if you prefer, you can spell it N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:00 PM
This back-and-forth is great!
\
http://images.dailydawdle.com/cats-watching-tennis1.gif

Will you please sit down? Hahaha

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh, uh, there's no "er" at the end. It's just B-A-M-A. Or if you prefer, you can spell it N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S.

Uh, do I still owe you the beer?

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Will you please sit down? Hahaha

Well this elderly person I was standing in front of and yelling loudly around has finally gone to sleep, so sure.

And where in the hell did my picture of kitty cats with sandwich boxes on their heads go???

Here's a link if my other link broke so all can enjoy: http://www.dailydawdle.com/2011/05/cats-watching-tennis-match-gif.html

edit: must have been a weird page load. I can see it again, but it was just a broken image box earlier. Oh well. I think I fixed the Interwebs.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Is that the one Troy game you attend?

Well yeah, cause that's about the only game where there's enough tailgatin' goin' on that there'll be enough food to satisfy Big Alison. Ever since Barnhill's closed I have a hell of time gettin her to Troy games. We tried that Lee's Chinese Buffet but they told us to leave last time cause Alison et up all the krab rangoons and hibachi chicken sticks.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Uh, do I still owe you the beer?

Oh hell yes. You think I've been hanging out at GTT for eight years because it gets me chicks?

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Well yeah, cause that's about the only game where there's enough tailgatin' goin' on that there'll be enough food to satisfy Big Alison. Ever since Barnhill's closed I have a hell of time gettin her to Troy games. We tried that Lee's Chinese Buffet but they told us to leave last time cause Alison et up all the krab rangoons and hibachi chicken sticks.

I call BS, there is more than enough food in Troy to appease anyone's appetite. I know that there are several fans with a physique that suggest there is no limit to the calories available on gameday or any day.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh hell yes. You think I've been hanging out at GTT for eight years because it gets me chicks?

Wait... you get beer for hanging out on GTT?!?! I am getting hosed.

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 11:14 PM
I call BS, there is more than enough food in Troy to appease anyone's appetite. I know that there are several fans with a physique that suggest there is no limit to the calories available on gameday or any day.

Since University is closed on game day, it does make it easier for those "I'm too fat for life" scooters to get around.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:15 PM

There will be a beer waiting for you Saturday behind the Alumni House... just ask for me. My name is Doug, and I am a Trojan fan.

trojanchad
10-13-2012, 11:16 PM

You mean to tell me you *DON'T* get chicks for hanging out on here? I was told when I signed up that started sometime in years 4 or 5, but based on what you've said here, I'm calling :signs019:

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Wait... you get beer for hanging out on GTT?!?! I am getting hosed.

Hey now, I offered you a 6 pack 7 times Thursday.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:19 PM

I can understand you thinking that. I am fully aware of the aggregate appetite of Pike County. I was there when Barnhill's was forced to close after the infamous TSOWG incident many years ago (you veteran GTT members may remember that particular fiasco). But...you ain't never met Big Alison.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey now, I offered you a 6 pack 7 times Thursday.

You did not... not even Smart water.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I can understand you thinking that. I am fully aware of the aggregate appetite of Pike County. I was there when Barnhill's was forced to close after the infamous TSOWG incident many years ago (you veteran GTT members may remember that particular fiasco). But...you ain't never met Big Alison.

Come on Chet, you can do better than Big Al. Why you want to be such a bammer?

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
There will be a beer waiting for you Saturday behind the Alumni House... just ask for me. My name is Doug, and I am a Trojan fan.

Yeah right...you probably tee-teed in it and put it under the table with a "Special GOE Octoberfest" label on it so nobody else drinks it before I get there.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah right...you probably tee-teed in it and put it under the table with a "Special GOE Octoberfest" label on it so nobody else drinks it before I get there.

Never Bro, you can pick the beer, no hate here.

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 11:29 PM
You did not... not even Smart water.

Oh yes I did. http://s3.amazonaws.com/user-beer-photos/beer_photos/41294/rascals-wild-red-raspberry-lager.png

I only shared the Smart Water with one person!

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Never Bro, you can pick the beer, no hate here.

I have Chet as my avatar. Do you really think I take ANYTHING seriously?

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Oh yes I did. http://s3.amazonaws.com/user-beer-photos/beer_photos/41294/rascals-wild-red-raspberry-lager.png

I only shared the Smart Water with one person!

Man that looks like 12 hours of pure hell the next day if you drank too many of those.

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Man that looks like 12 hours of pure hell the next day if you drank too many of those.

My guess is that too many wouldn't be many at all. I will gladly give you a six pack of those.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:37 PM

It would be, that's why he offered it. But even worse, it was given to him for free. Hemi, you taking credit for free beer-like products?

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:40 PM
My guess is that too many wouldn't be many at all. I will gladly give you a six pack of those.

Thanks. I'd rather drink Quervo shots with Yoo-Hoo chasers than that....stuff.

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 11:41 PM
It would be, that's why he offered it. But even worse, it was given to him for free. Hemi, you taking credit for free beer-like products?

Nope. I'm sharing my good fortune.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks. I'd rather drink Quervo shots with Yoo-Hoo chasers than that....stuff.

Too graphic bro... ugg.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Good night, gentlemen. I am done. Gotta take Meemaw to church tomorrow. Can't be smelling like Keith Richard's toothbrush when you gotta hug little old ladies at the country church...later...

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Nope. I'm sharing my good fortune.

Ok Hemi, I have no more responses that will not cause trouble with Mrs. Hemi.

goe1975
10-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Too graphic bro... ugg.

bingo!

Hemi Man
10-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Ok Hemi, I have no more responses that will not cause trouble with Mrs. Hemi.

She is well aware of whom I shared the intellectual water with.

Doug4Troy
10-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Good night, gentlemen. I am done. Gotta take Meemaw to church tomorrow. Can't be smelling like Keith Richard's toothbrush when you gotta hug little old ladies at the country church...later...

I know what Lisa turns you into at the end, good luck with smelling good tomorrow.

JPSousa1898
10-14-2012, 02:00 AM

I'd give him business, but I'd give him the same amount of grief I get for being a Troy fan in Jacksonville!

Matter of fact... I know a former Marching Southerner who works IN Troy NEAR campus... I never pass up an opportunity to give him grief about THAT.

That being said, let's not forget our dearly departed friend Michael Bell who after being a Jax State fan decided to take a job at our beloved Troy and helped usher in the One Great University campaign. You can imagine the grief HE got from his fellow JSU grads.

TrojanPride87
10-14-2012, 02:43 AM
I remember the Locker Room and every employee was required to wear Troy stuff. That was the dress code, or the Locker Room T-shirt. The Trojan Zone looks nothing special. Looks kind of unprofessional in my opinion. Name and Branding is important to me and they just do not seem to have it. Yes, I know they just opened. If you are going to be in Troy and use the Trojan Name then the other school shirts need not to be seen.

goe1975
10-14-2012, 09:17 AM
If you are going to be in Troy and use the Trojan Name then the other school shirts need not to be seen.

He is probably just giving 90% of Pike County residents what they want. I ain't saying it's right. I'm just telling y'all that people in Alabama really are too ignorant to know better. They assume that EVERYBODY is fer Bama or Auburn. I ain't telling y'all anything you don't already know.

Most of them like Troy, but they do not take us seriously because we have never had a single year that we consistently dominated every game (I am talking since we have been in "big boy" football). Until we do, none of those other school's "fans" are gonna think we are legit and give their sole allegiance to Troy. The other school shirts, hats, flags and stickers are not gonna go away until we start winning...a LOT.

Pensacola Kid
10-14-2012, 04:17 PM

If you are serious about the alcohol content of the brew, then you need to try this:

http://www.brewdog.com/product_images/f9ad2bd3105a624d229d0b930b9090ec_3565.jpeg

ABV:32%

Surf Report:
We still have some surf out here. It's running waist with bigger sets.

trojanchad
10-14-2012, 04:43 PM

:scared:

goe1975
10-14-2012, 04:58 PM
If you are serious about the alcohol content of the brew, then you need to try this:

http://www.brewdog.com/product_images/f9ad2bd3105a624d229d0b930b9090ec_3565.jpeg

Surf Report:
We still have some surf out here. It's running waist with bigger sets.

I was just talking about the fact that it basically sounded like Mad Dog. I'm not a fan of high alcohol content in beer. If I want a Boiler Maker, I'll just make one.

Troy87
10-15-2012, 06:41 AM
I was just talking about the fact that it basically sounded like Mad Dog. I'm not a fan of high alcohol content in beer. If I want a Boiler Maker, I'll just make one.

Or go find a Purdue Cheerleader. :laughing021:

areuserious
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
I just want to straighten you all out! The owners are definitely Troy Trojan fans! And yes he did play basketball at Troy and yes he coached basketball at CHHS for 12 years- HENCE THE ORANGE AND BLUE SHIRT! In case you did not know the owners are BIG fans of CHHS athletics also!!! If you would have checked out the Trojan Zone on Thursday staff was wearing Troy jersies because Troy was playing that night!!!! WOW, what a concept!!!! A lot of the staff are Troy students- yet another support of Troy University! The Trojan Zone also just supported a fraternity with a project! Yup, still supporting Troy! One of the owners is actually an alum of Georgia Southern University, Lincoln Memorial University, and University of Winnipeg, but you will not see them wearing those jersies! Orange and blue are just colors! Also when Auburn and Alabama play, and NFL games play there will be jersies worn, because YES we are a sports bar!!!!

Cane gone Trojan
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I just want to straighten you all out! The owners are definitely Troy Trojan fans! And yes he did play basketball at Troy and yes he coached basketball at CHHS for 12 years- HENCE THE ORANGE AND BLUE SHIRT! In case you did not know the owners are BIG fans of CHHS athletics also!!! If you would have checked out the Trojan Zone on Thursday staff was wearing Troy jersies because Troy was playing that night!!!! WOW, what a concept!!!! A lot of the staff are Troy students- yet another support of Troy University! The Trojan Zone also just supported a fraternity with a project! Yup, still supporting Troy! One of the owners is actually an alum of Georgia Southern University, Lincoln Memorial University, and University of Winnipeg, but you will not see them wearing those jersies! Orange and blue are just colors! Also when Auburn and Alabama play, and NFL games play there will be jersies worn, because YES we are a sports bar!!!!

Then you should call it THE SPORTS BAR.

areuserious
10-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Last time I checked the sign said sports bar and grill! But anyway just wanted everyone to know we love Troy Trojans and the coaches and athletes! Thanks! If you have any doubt you can call Coach Maestri or Coach Felix who have been a great help in getting this place set up!!!

Burn the Horse
10-17-2012, 04:59 PM
First of all, welcome to the board areuserious.

I am happy you came on board to clear some things up. I would recommend being a bit more friendly about how you present your facts though. Honey, not vinegar. :thumb:

Hemi Man
10-17-2012, 05:19 PM

Wow I can't wait to give my hard earned money to someone that is so angry.

goe1975
10-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Wow I can't wait to give my hard earned money to someone that is so angry.

Me too! It shows passion, commitment and pride in your establishment! Are they open yet? If so, see y'all this weekend!

Troy87
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
This thread has gone on long enough so I'm closing it, but before I do, let me present one possible scenario;

I don't know who "areuserious" is, but if he/she is an employee or owner/partner in The Trojan Zone, I can see where they would be irate, because they have been accused of not "adequately" supporting Troy University, and they have not had a chance to defend their establishment until 80-odd posts have beat this horse to a pulp, and about how someone should or should not run their business.

Also, don't forget the CHHS mascot is also a Trojan. This establishment has taken the "Trojan" name and used as a point of pride, not just for the University, but for the town.

[stepping down from the soap box]