PDA

View Full Version : Very Dissapointed About Corey's Comment

Burn the Horse
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
It could be the last meeting between the schools. North Texas is moving to Conference USA next season. Troy leads the series 7-2, but North Texas took a 38-33 win over the Trojans last season.

“I wish it was us going to that conference,” Robinson said. “Whatever happens, happens, I guess. We’re just going to go out there and try to get a win.”

Scroll down to bottom of article
http://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2012/...r-4567338/

Chrono124
09-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Scroll down to bottom of articlehttp://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2012/...r-4567338/

Rehashed crap from the CSNbbs, who cares. BTW I got a bad URL when I clicked on the link, may need to check that.

trojanchad
09-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I 404'd as well

Chrono124
09-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Here is the correct link, and the comment is at the bottom. Dothan Eagle Article Here (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2012/sep/17/trojans-hoping-turn-yards-points-ar-4567338/)

trojanbrutha
09-18-2012, 07:14 PM
CR's opinion is not shared by all, but it is just his opinion...

Chrono124
09-18-2012, 07:21 PM
CR's opinion is not shared by all, but it is just his opinion...

I for one am glad we stayed in the SBC, it is a good home for Troy. I am sure there are more than a few ppl around Troy that wish we could have gone to CUSA, and like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion. This really shouldn't be made into a big issue, it is his point of view no need to be disappointed BTH. ;)

MonsterDawg
09-18-2012, 07:23 PM
CR has a right to his opinion, however as the leader of the team he needs to focus on the team and opponents. He needs to worry about improving the teams record of 4-11 in the past year and half rather than where the school should or should not be.... I know 2 guys sitting at the ready to step in & lead this team through the sunbelt.....

Burn the Horse
09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Rehashed crap from the CSNbbs, who cares.

Not everyone here posts/reads the Sun Belt board. I wish more did.

Burn the Horse
09-18-2012, 07:29 PM
The reason I am dissapointed in the comment is because it shows disrespect to every player and team in the Conference. Being that I am such a big Sun Belt fan, I was a little insulted. It came across like he felt he is too good to play in the Belt.

troy4ever21
09-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I prefer the Sun Belt board to GTT.

Chrono124
09-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I prefer the Sun Belt board to GTT.

When certain ppl get off on a tangent around here, I also prefer the SBC boards too. Except BTH, just cannot let go on the UL lose. Its over man and as much as I agree with you that the better team lost, you will never convince the UL fans over there otherwise so just let it go. :eatdrink004:

Chasin170
09-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Please say we are not going to act like we understand the full context of what this young man said.We aren't that smart.

How is wanting a bigger cut of funds and slightly better salaries for his coaches disrespectful?See,spin works both ways.

I have no doubt he works his tail to glorify this conference EVERYDAY....:confused013:

trojanbrutha
09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
IsaN0Q-H9DQ

He starts about the23:40 mark...I suggest taking in the whole experience :thumb:

trojanbrutha
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Wrong video...my bad :paperbag:

Burn the Horse
09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Except BTH, just cannot let go on the UL lose. Its over man and as much as I agree with you that the better team lost, you will never convince the UL fans over there otherwise so just let it go. :eatdrink004:

Yeah I've dropped it. Sorry if you are annoyed or bothered by me, I am what I am...and that's all that I am. :thumb:

Oh, and I'm the head Mod over there so I'm not going anywhere. :eatdrink004:

likesturtles
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
The reason I am dissapointed in the comment is because it shows disrespect to every player and team in the Conference. Being that I am such a big Sun Belt fan, I was a little insulted. It came across like he felt he is too good to play in the Belt.

Truth is, for a long time CUSA has been a better conference from a recognition and financial perspective. Most people still view the Sunbelt as glorified FCS, though the conference overall has started to be more competative. I don't get the impression that he thinks he is better, but rather that his program and his team got snubbed. Some other folks from other Sunbelt schools have expressed the same opinion. It's kinda like the New Orleans vs Mobile argument. But if the idea they got snubbed inspires the boys to play on Saturday, I'm all for it. I miss the chip they used to have on their collective shoulder. :bounce012:

I was actually more wrapped up in him mentioning Kyle Wilbourn bleeding all over the football. Ewwwww... too much info. :scared:

Chrono124
09-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah I've dropped it. Sorry if you are annoyed or bothered by me, I am what I am...and that's all that I am. :thumb:

Oh, and I'm the head Mod over there so I'm not going anywhere. :eatdrink004:

I would be sad if you did go somewhere :sad010:

Burn the Horse
09-18-2012, 09:08 PM
First of all guys, it's the Sun Belt, not Sunbelt. Just an FYI.

Second, the SBC has surpassed C-DOA now. Once folks realize this they will lose their lucrative TV and bowl agreements, and WE will be there to snatch them up. :taunt002:

Discophobia
09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
I understand why he said it. The perception among many..for many years is that CUSA is a better conference. I see no disrespect in wanting your team in what you perceive is a stronger conference. Would you guys have the same feeling of being upset if Corey were refering to the Big East or the ACC. The Sunbelt is making great strides.

Burn the Horse
09-18-2012, 11:46 PM
The SUN BELT has surpassed C-USA as far as the hierarchy of Conferences go. Corey's comments were unnecesary and insulting to everyone who considers the Sun Belt Conference their home, period.

Discophobia
09-19-2012, 06:08 AM
You are a Sun Belt Guy......but how is it insulting to those people that wish Troy were in a different Conference? Corey just played in front of the first full home stadium crowd of his career. He has to wonder what the crowds would be like if Troy played better known schools in a different conference every weekend.

Pensacola Kid
09-19-2012, 06:30 AM
The SUN BELT has surpassed C-USA as far as the hierarchy of Conferences go.

I really wish I could agree with you, but that's not the case. At least not yet.

CUSA TV revenue alone:
5 years, $35 million, CBS College Sports (through 2016)
5 years, $35 million, Fox (through 2016)
Annual: $14 million
Average Annual per School: $1.17 million

The SBC doesn't even make the list.

http://collegesportsinfo.com/2012/05/10/2012-ncaa-television-revenue-by-conference/

I'm sure C-Rob wants to play at the next level. If you were a college QB and you wanted to be seen on the highlights from televised games, what conference would you want to play in?

Surf Report:
It's kind of cold out here. Brrrrr. The air temperature is 68 degrees and the wind is blowing 10-12 out of the North causing semi glassy conditions. The surf unfortunately has dropped a lot. It's only running ankle to shin high.

Hemi Man
09-19-2012, 06:34 AM
First, let me say that I am proud of the improvements the Sun Belt has made. I like to see the teams in our conference win their out of conference games. I will always be a fan on the Sun Belt until the day Troy leaves it. I've never written a check to the Sun Belt. All my checks are made payable to Troy athletics. While the Sun Belt has improved there isn't any need to fool yourself. Anyone in the Sun Belt would jump to CUSA if given the opportunity. No need to jump on the kid for speaking what the majority is thinking. Right now CUSA is recognized as being a better conference.

These are the most recent numbers I could find, although I didn't spend a lot of time looking either.

FY end 6/30/2010
CUSA- 49.9 million in revenue (15.8 million in TV revenue)
Sun Belt- 8.8 million ($750,000 TV revenue)
MWC- 9 million (did not break out TV revnue $$)
MAC- 10.9 million (1.1 million TV revenue)
WAC- 19.7 million (1.9 million TV revenue)

Chasin170
09-19-2012, 08:03 AM
I think the Sun Belt is closing on CUSA on the field but the politico-economics will be much slower.Hopefully in 5 years we can all say "remember when CUSA received more revenue than the Sun Belt?

Today,every single school would leave for CUSA....tomorrow,not so much and in the near future hopefully it's a laughable assertion.

Calling out our QB during the biggest week of preparation for the biggest game in the last 3 years for this program is just being overly sensitive IMO.

trojanchad
09-19-2012, 08:50 AM
As it is today, there's obviously a huge incentive to be in CUSA vs. SBC. In addition to TV money (most of our games are on the Internet only ESPN3), there's a huge bowl tie-in advantage.

CUSA has as many or more tie-ins than Big XII, Big East, MAC, MWC, Pac-12, WAC and of course the Sun Belt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_bids_to_college_bowl_games#Sun_Belt_Conf erence

Add to that, casual fan is far more likely to come to the Vet to see Southern Miss, La. Tech, maybe even Marshall and Houston instead of Western Kentucky, FAU, etc., in my opinion.

The Sun Belt is having a great year this year. It may continue and it may not.

Yes, things change and this could completely flip flip in 5 years time, but the Sun Belt is still a "starter" conference. Has anyone that's asked not been allowed in? Schools join, build and leave.

Editing to add a guaranteed rotation with UAB to that list above. If we keep beating them, they may not be as willing to keep us on their schedule going forward.

troy4ever21
09-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Hopefully the new AD will be able to bring in more well known OCC teams. We need to start scheduling lower tier ACC teams, MAC teams, and CUSA (other than UAB).

TFan
09-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Going forward I see the Sun Belt a much better conference than USA.

1) USA has been called "mismanaged", they haven't enforced exit penalties etc.

2) The markets they gained aren't near the markets they've lost in 5 years.
Miami? The U of Miami Hurricanes can hardly muster a busload of fans at home games. I visited FIU twice for Trojan Games, I believe we darn near had as many fans in our stands as they did the first game, the second was well attended by students but other fans were sparse.

3) Our new Commissioner brings years of experience and vast network of contacts that we've lacked in the past.

Furthermore, I feel a young QB concerned about his future prospects has greater influence on his future with his play, his attitude and his team's W/L record than whether his Alma Mater is Sun Belt or C-USA.

TrojanPride87
09-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I believe people took his comment out of context. Nothing wrong with saying he wishes we were in that conference, hell I believe we should get out of the Sun Belt. Though, that is my opinion like everyone else has one.

Cane gone Trojan
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
If it makes Corey feel better....Troy is in a conference that is in the USA.

Lego
09-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Just win.

Burn the Horse
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Just win.

Absolutely. :thumb:

TFan
09-19-2012, 09:23 PM
just win.

bingo!